IGNORED

Best New Music 2022

Stanley

4 hours ago, englishbob said:

Just recieved delivery of Nilüfer Yanya's new album "Painless" - what a track to kick it off! - love it

Nice! I love love love the debut album and recently ordered Inside Out and Painless on vinyl through Epic Games' Bandcamp.

Wasn't sure if to go for "Cloudy pink" (run of 750) or "Limited edition Green" (run of 1000) on the Painless vinyl... but landed on the pink.

What about you, @englishbob?!

10 hours ago, BlackHoodedCrow said:

Nice! I love love love the debut album and recently ordered Inside Out and Painless on vinyl through Epic Games' Bandcamp.

Wasn't sure if to go for "Cloudy pink" (run of 750) or "Limited edition Green" (run of 1000) on the Painless vinyl... but landed on the pink.

What about you, @englishbob?!

Just went with the standard black. It's a bog standard Gzvinyl cut by an robot anyway whatever version you choose, not a patch on the debut album

On 27/02/2022 at 19:05, Stopharage said:

A much needed message in this spectacularly dreadful week. 

I’ve always loved their stuff, this album really is top tier. 

3 hours ago, Stanley said:

I’ve always loved their stuff, this album really is top tier. 

Totally agree. That song has helped a lot in the last few weeks of existential dread. Insomuch as I have a favourite band, they're probably it at the moment. They're a weird band as their discography is pretty varied and they're quite flawed in some respects. The English Riviera came at an important time in my life so has a special place in my heart, like much great personal music does. 

Yeah he’s awesome Samuel T. Herring, great rapper too - if you haven’t heard him he’s worth checking out, goes by the name Hemlock Ernst, and he did a thing with Madlib called Trouble Knows Me, that’s also great :)

On 06/03/2022 at 16:40, englishbob said:

Just recieved delivery of Nilüfer Yanya's new album "Painless" - what a track to kick it off! - love it

In love with this album.

This is probably the highlight for me:

1 hour ago, Isaac said:

In love with this album.

This is probably the highlight for me:

Great to see she is picking up traction (if this thread is anything to go by) and this will hopefully be reflected in our end of year poll! (Miss Universe was my favourite album in 2019)

• 2 weeks later...

Destroyer’s new album Labyrinthitis has been out a few weeks now, and it’s an absolute masterpiece, his best work to date, perhaps. Every time he releases a record I think, why isn’t this guy getting more coverage? I have no idea but it’s fantastic.

Loving the new track The Eagle and the Dove by Jessie Buckley and Bernard Butler.

Taken from the album For All Our Days That Tear the Heart which releases on the 10th June.

Lovely interview with them here , which has this glorious photo of them, the arrangement of the shot is beautiful:

4271.jpg?width=1020&quality=45&auto=form

23 hours ago, Fierce Poodle said:

Terrific new album from SAULT.

Isn’t it awesome? 

In other news I’m loving the new Dopplereffekt album, Neurotelepathy.

On 23/04/2022 at 09:42, Stanley said:

New Spiritualized album :wub:

That simple  little guitar lick in Best Thing You Never Had is God tier. 

Not listened yet but currently listening to the new Fontaine's DC album and can't help kind of hearing Spacemen 3s drone music in it

2 hours ago, wev said:

Not listened yet but currently listening to the new Fontaine's DC album and can't help kind of hearing Spacemen 3s drone music in it

Oh yeah, I need to listen to that one too in that case! 

The Spiritualized really is something special IMO, I love it and as always with their stuff there is just so much to listen to, it’s so layered. 

The chorus in Let It Bleed as it builds towards the end is spine tingling, magnificent stuff.

(also love the title as combined with the last album it completes the whole Vonnegut quite ‘everything was beautiful, and nothing nothing hurt’)