IGNORED

Formula One - 2022 - Rllmuk League is live

T Pot

With the state of American roads I expect the track fo be bumpy as hell which will be fun in these cars. It’s also not a very exciting layout, all long straights and 90 degree corners like most boring Tilkedromes with I think no height changes at all.

Yeah watch the locals all protest and this becomes another car park GP. 

I wonder if many of them understand just how much disruption the race setup will bring.

According to Wikipedia Monaco takes six weeks, and the removal after the race takes three weeks. I don’t see that happening on the strip.

1 minute ago, Sidewaysbob said:

Of all the amazing and historic tracks in America, they go for a las Vegas. And I'm not going to be suprised if it turns out to be in a car park in the end. 

Utterly shameless 

The Caesars course looked like a pretty good go kart layout. 

To use a baseball analogy the Yanks would understand, that’s three strikes against the Vegas race.

- Street circuit

- night race

- location more important than track layout

But they will lap it up, Vegas whoop!

George Russell will win that race, be strikes me as a "staying in with a glass of milk and a pair of slippers before an early night" kind of guy, probably why he was the least featured in the video 

16 hours ago, Sidewaysbob said:

Of all the amazing and historic tracks in America, they go for a las Vegas. And I'm not going to be suprised if it turns out to be in a car park in the end. 

Utterly shameless 

I think the best thing for the amazing and historic tracks in america is that F1 doesn;t go to any of them, as every single one would end up getting nearly destroyed to meet F1 track standards. Imagine What Road America, Watkins Glen, Sears Point, Or Laguna Seca would look like after Tilke has his way with them, reprofiling corners, acres of tarmac runoff, the works. (Yes it's been over 15 years but I'm still annoyed about what happened to Fuji).

So the deal is for 3 years. By then I would not be surprised if America has got bored of it all and it just goes away. 🤞

All the hype too around Miami & ridiculous prices for the first event there - it's like F1 is the new shiny thing. I would not be surprised to see half empty stands for the second year there. 

4 years time tops and we are back to 1 event in the US at COTA. :blah:

It's gong to become the new Monaco, which is just as well because Monaco is on very shaky ground by all accounts with just 1 year left on its contract and F1 increasingly unhappy with the restrictions on them making money imposed by the principality. 

With thousands of people booking rooms overlooking the track in the likes of Caesars Palace and many others, I can easily see this becoming a longstanding arrangement. 

The Vegas race gives F1 a great hand to play hard ball in negotiations with Monaco for sure. I don't for a second think that F1 will divorce itself from Monaco though. A deal will be done imo.

34 minutes ago, mexos said:

The Vegas race gives F1 a great hand to play hard ball in negotiations with Monaco for sure. I don't for a second think that F1 will divorce itself from Monaco though. A deal will be done imo.

Wasn’t Singapore supposed to do that? Although with so many night races now that has to be losing some of its allure now.

Nice line from the late (great) Clive James in that Vegas video when talking about Gilles Villeneuve: 'You can do everything right and everything can still go wrong'.

Kind of summed up the virtual suicide missions that drivers were subjected to with qualifying back then.