IGNORED

Formula One - 2022 - Rllmuk League is live

T Pot

Just now, jonathanhoey said:

Look at that big beaming smile on DC’s face! So happy his boy won.

He's loving the salty taste of those balls.

Does the engine freeze mean the Mercedes power train is fucked for the next 3 years? Or does the September deadline allow for performance based changes?

4 minutes ago, wev said:

Does the engine freeze mean the Mercedes power train is fucked for the next 3 years? Or does the September deadline allow for performance based changes?

Wolff was saying that it’s not the power unit that’s to blame for their comparative lack of pace, rather that the car is too draggy.

So all the merc powered cars are the same? I'm not convinced. 

Enjoyed that race. Max played it well and the changes have made it decent to watch. 

I think DRS is going to be a bit much now. 

3 minutes ago, Count Buffalos said:

Wolff was saying that it’s not the power unit that’s to blame for their comparative lack of pace, rather that the car is too draggy.

I know he said that but all the Mercedes cars seemed to lack straight line speed compared to the Ferraris.

Christian Horner trying to pull the "plucky" narrative there

All this talk of respect between Max and Charles, it won't last, I can't see Binoto being dragged into Horners games like Wolff was though

Max only got close because he was able to warm his tyres better during the VSC, without that happening I think he’d have won. Red Bull look ominous though and unless Mercedes find some solutions this will be the year Hamilton’s at least one pole and one win per season record ends.

That was a great race. Lots of action from start to finish. Would have preferred another result mind! :lol: I think sharl would have got him just as the yellow appeared. He was right there about to make the move and needed to back off. We'd have had another round of overtakes and who knows what would have happened in the end. Oh well, denied.

Ross and his working group should be getting their bonus any day soon. I think these cars are the real deal.

Lol at Perez.

On 26/03/2022 at 19:16, mexos said:

Fucker could have driven like that last year and saved me 40 quid. :lol:

It's not looking great for you in this year's bet either.  1-1 in quali and George already ahead on points. Another few good races from Geo and it will be "Lewis, it's James" time. :D

Watched the last 10 or so laps on C4's highlight programme last night, props to the broadcast editor, it actually made the sport look exciting again. The shots of Max behind Leclerc in the hunt, great stuff

1 hour ago, englishbob said:

Watched the last 10 or so laps on C4's highlight programme last night, props to the broadcast editor, it actually made the sport look exciting again. The shots of Max behind Leclerc in the hunt, great stuff

Whereas live it seemed to be endless replays, got quite annoying yesterday.

That’s really sad. It’s a shame who his father was, and I gather that ruined his political aspirations, but from the little I know about him he did more good than bad. 

His greatest achievement was not being Jean Marie Balestre, mostly. He got rid of that idiot and calmed F1 down, but it pretty much allowed Bernie free reign and the eventual sale to CVC. Mosely did a lot of good things for safety, I will give him that. But he never clipped Bernies wings and now we are racing in Saudi Arabia and hand waving terrorist attacks away. 

Saying that, he did achieve more than Todt ever did. So fair play to him.

54 minutes ago, GwiDan said:

The crazy thing for me is that president of the FIA is not a paid position. 

Of course. If the job doesn’t pay then it is only really open to those with money, who will serve the interests of those with money.