IGNORED

Formula One - 2022 - Rllmuk League is live

T Pot

Be interesting to see how Piastri does. One the one hand you can’t argue with him winning the F3 and F2 titles consecutively first time of asking. On the other, he didn’t exactly race against a stellar crop of talent either season and he won his titles through solid accumulation rather than being a standout ala someone like Leclerc.

I have the same feeling about Piastri - he's really not done himself any favours the way he's handled this, and I'd not be at all upset if it doesn't work out for him at all.

What a sad fall from grace Daniel has had and there's nowhere for him to go except downwards if he want to stay in F1. Haas or Williams? Can't see him suffering that indignity. Or will he crawl back to Alpine? That might even be more sad.

27 minutes ago, footle said:

Which made me look at the standings, then wonder: how the hell has hamilton got as many podium finishes this season - driving that car - as Perez and Carlos?

Don’t forget that Red Bull had a few dnfs right at the start of the season and Carlos drives for Ferrari. 

Sainz crashed out in Australia and Imola with a perfectly functioning Ferrari so it’s not just been Leclerc throwing points away before the Ferrari strategists get a chance to do it for him. Perez has been underperforming for the last few races.

46 minutes ago, footle said:

Which made me look at the standings, then wonder: how the hell has hamilton got as many podium finishes this season - driving that car - as Perez and Carlos?

Never mind Checo and Carlos, Lewis has more podiums than Charles.

I fear with all the mistakes, we’re not going to see LeClerc at his best.  He can go wheel to wheel with Verstappen better than anyone bar Hamilton, and clearly has the ability when he’s not making silly mistakes.  As we all know, Ferrari themselves haven’t exactly made things better here.

Perez has been seriously underperforming in that car, and Sainz, whilst we sometimes has the pace, can’t keep it up for a long stint, and somehow disappears in the middle of the race.

Meanwhile, Hamilton has a ton of experience and just keeps on pushing, I think being in a slower car has helped him.  We saw in the past where he’d make a mistake or poor strategy would send him back and almost like he couldn’t be bothered, his recovery would stagnate a bit. In the slower car it’s been great to see hi continue to push and pick up the scraps, scraps have been pretty big this season.  Russell has been good at this too.

Moving back to the money thing, racing is their job, not just their passion.  It’s. Or so black and white as “but Alonso was slumming it in WRC and at the 500,” he simply has the passion AND the want for money.  We see plenty of drivers hang around for the longer term, and it’s easy to look at it as experience helping the smaller teams develop, or a reliable performance, but its almost certainly money related too. Raikonnen, Bottas, Ricciardo, Alonso, Vettel all knowingly stuck around in cars that were unlikely to win and had no chance of the championship.

11 hours ago, englishbob said:

The Scientology is strong in this one - let's recruit him

Lewis is big into ordinary Jesus, isn't he? Can't imagine him flipping over to start worshipping ancient alien space traveller Jesus, no matter how much money he has in the bank. 

3 hours ago, jonathanhoey said:

Lewis is big into ordinary Jesus, isn't he? Can't imagine him flipping over to start worshipping ancient alien space traveller Jesus, no matter how much money he has in the bank. 

If you've been brainwashed once already...

Alex, Nurburgring 2007?

”Everyone pitted for wets on lap one when it started raining

5/6 cars went off (including luizzi, button, Hamilton, speed, Webber or/and rosberg?

winklehock(sp?), a last minute replacement at spyker led the race for a few laps and had an engine failure on lap 13, and never raced in F1 again.”

MY SON WAS BORN IN 2008…

And Bandini wiped out at Monaco.

he’s on a death trip now, all the drivers.

he’s got a list of “could have been greats” and a motto from somewhere:

”one driver wins the title, two drivers lose their lives”

thank god motd is on to distract him!

6 minutes ago, SeanR said:

AND WHO THE FUCK IS WOLFGANG VON TRIPP!?!

German Ferrari driver who could have won the 1961 championship if it wasn't for his tragic death at Monza, in a crash that sadly also killed 15 spectators.

Was always a favourite driver of mine partly for his name but also because I had a model of his Ferrari 156 F1 "Sharknose" which is one of the prettiest F1 cars.

Ferrari-F1-156_vonTrips.jpg

wm-ferrari-dino-f1-sharknose-10.webp

Sadly not genuine as Enzo scrapped them all.