Formula One - 2022 - Rllmuk League is live

T Pot

Just now, layten said:

Hamilton taking George to school now Mercedes are no longer using him to do crazy setup tests.

Really? I saw it as Russell’s strategy being dictated more by the cars around him and Hamilton being further back having the ability to run an optimum strategy.  

Either way, what we can say for sure is that Russell and Hamilton are so much closer than Verstappen and Perez. 

5 minutes ago, Corranga said:

Really? I saw it as Russell’s strategy being dictated more by the cars around him and Hamilton being further back having the ability to run an optimum strategy.  

heh, I'm not being particularly serious, just a bit of gentle mocking of those who took the opportunity to immediately jump on Lewis after George had a bit of a lucky start to the season and with Lewis doing the heavy testing.

Both Mercedes drivers are on it right now. Looking forward to the second half of the season. Especially with Ferrari and CERTAINLY NOT REDBULL (wink) having to sort out their floors

25 minutes ago, kiroquai said:

The only time I can recall a team squandering such a good car in such a spectacular manner is when Williams made a total bollocks of 1995 and let Benetton humiliate them on a fortnightly basis.

Was that Williams or Hill? I don’t remember well enough other than Hill was sacked that season. 

2 minutes ago, GwiDan said:

Was that Williams or Hill? I don’t remember well enough other than Hill was sacked that season. 

Was he sacked or did Frank just do the usual and stiff the driver on contract negotiations?

He wasn’t sacked sacked, but IIRC the decison to not retain him after his contract was up in 1996 was taken between the 95 and 96 seasons. I think it’s in Newey’s book but I don’t have it to hand. 

I wasnt able to see the whole race and that makes it even more baffling to follow on live text etc, the start went as you expected and as soon as George burnt through his sorts the race went through the motions and then just madness. Max has to be congratulated on a good drive but the main point is he still should have been beaten by both Ferraris and while again Hamilton had a good drive it seemed to be nursing the tyres and waiting for Ferrari to fuck it up!

Utter madness and heads will have to roll at Ferrari as you can throw a championship away as they did in ‘19/20 but this is on a whole new level that is beyond careless - have we checked what they are betting on….?

Good fun for the viewer and as a fan of Ferrari not doing well its poetic but WTF?!?

On 29/07/2022 at 19:38, layten said:

Looks like it is Ferrari's race to lose. So what will it be this week? I'm gonna go with the classic 'terrible pit strategy' for chaz and sainz into the wall at about halfway being the cause of the bad strategy call.

Well, the 'terrible pit strategy' was bang on, but a bit of an obvious one.

I think if max continues to mature as a driver and individual that would be nice, he’s much more chill with 1 WDC under his belt. Still plenty of time to improve as a person, he’s still young, you can see that from how he makes jokes and then immediately looks to see if people are laughing because there is that innate insecurity. 

George needs to be less of a robot. 

I usually find the Ferrari clown show quite funny but honestly just started to feel so bad for Leclerc yesterday. God that must be so demoralising. 1st to 6th after everything that's already happened this year. Soul destroying.