IGNORED

Formula One - 2022 - Rllmuk League is live

T Pot

It’s going to be a tough weekend for Mercedes now. The Red Bull Ring has three DRS zones and they are going to struggle to escape the DRS trains.

2 minutes ago, ryodi said:

Russell still fifth. 

Let's hope he keeps it as he's under investigation for entering the track without permission.

1 minute ago, mexos said:

Perez bumped to 10th surely?

He should go to where his legal time put him, which was pretty terrible as I remember.

Perez was 12th before he set his final lap time. Any grid penalty would also only apply to the race I think because the Sprint is a separate thing. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets to keep his grid spot for tomorrow. 

Sky don't control the race cameras, they are handled by FOM who have their own race tv director who this season has been absolutely awful. 

15 minutes ago, ryodi said:

Sky don't control the race cameras, they are handled by FOM who have their own race tv director who this season has been absolutely awful. 

I mean afterwards, when they showed a replay of the full lap. That was part of the Sky feed not the world feed. 

6 minutes ago, GwiDan said:

I mean afterwards, when they showed a replay of the full lap. That was part of the Sky feed not the world feed. 

I think they only have what was broadcast until the onboards are downloaded from the cars a few hours after the session and any additional feeds are made available to them by FOM. If the cameras weren't following the lap live that's all they'd have. 

Just now, ryodi said:

I think they only have what was broadcast until the onboards are downloaded from the cars a few hours after the session and any additional feeds are made available to them by FOM. If the cameras weren't following the lap that's all they'd have. 

Ah yeah that makes sense, it’s probably one of the existing feeds. What kind of idiot changes the camera to not look at the track on what is likely to be the pole lap though.  

1 hour ago, Nosejam said:

I usually don’t bother if I know the result but is it worth a watch?

Only if you like red flags, Mercs binning it and a nice view of Max' helmet during the pole lap.