IGNORED

Formula One - 2022 - Rllmuk League is live

T Pot

imagine being a person of colour working in the team.  I get that people make mistakes but this wasn't a simple slip of the tongue.  It's language he's comfortable using in private that's slipped out in public.   How's he supposed to redeem himself racing for a f2 team. He wins some races aaaaaand then does some stuff for the black community?  

2 hours ago, Blue said:

This weekend will see Merc' finally getting on top of their problems and on the top step of the podium, but will it signal the defining moment of a changing of the guard at Mercedes with George taking the win, or will Lewis put the young pretender in his place? Charles will finish 2nd putting his championship hopes back on track as Max fails to score.

image.png.fa32ea1f5e31b47b681668b0a9af2511.png

But I don't. RB 1-2, Ferrari pit stop calamity. Carlos or a Merc in a distant 3rd.

43 minutes ago, Corranga said:

Not really sure where I stand on this one.  Certainly, people should be given the chance to correct their mistakes, and perhaps being cut from the RB Junior programme is enough punishment.  Hopefully, time will tell.

I agree that people need to be given a second chance (depending on severity of the incident). If it's the first one I'd want to see them show the right attitude, own their mistakes and genuinely go out of their way to show they've learned from it, but also put those learnings into practice. Take the flack, own it. And do something good that in some small way contributes to fixing this wider problem, not just give empty words. 

I don't think you can do that straight away. I would have suspended him (but not fired him) and give a bit of time for him to show some of the above. 

Then and only then would I consider putting him back in the car.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/verstappen-piquet-definitely-not-a-racist-but-hamilton-comment-not-correct/10330630/

But Verstappen denied that Piquet was racist, saying: “I’ve spent a bit of time with Nelson, I think more than the average person in general, and he’s definitely not a racist.

Fair enough I say.   Till I notice someone on Reddit post this. 

Well, on twitter he does not follow the Netherlands’ Prime Minister nor any other leaders of the biggest political parties in the Netherlands but one… He follows Geert Wilders, probably the most racist politician in the country, a close pal of Le Pen and other far-right European politicians, and one of the biggest bigots in Europe, so… I think that speaks volumes of Max’s personal views.

Oh dear. 

17 hours ago, wev said:

He should sign for Williams, replace Latifi and run the Red 5 again

They can do a spoof 1992 livery in keeping with Vettel's push to make the world better.

Save the CAMELs

No more CANONs

Let's make this a GOODYEAR

End cruelty, no more LABrATTS

Cut the BULL 

Save the (tree logo)

Saving the planet? WILL-l-AMs

/toomuchtimeonmyhands

Horner trying to change the timeline regarding Red Bulls response re Piquets comments, saying they put out a statement about Vips first and didn't feel the need to put out another statement, though he also wouldn't name Vips until Lazenby "clarified"

F1 fans that want more competition at the front:

878A49A2-1919-4B21-A188-08FF442D6418.thumb.jpeg.fff78795701798ff37dd12f520b1b104.jpeg

Ferrari fans now contemplating the championship fight:

8F2C92C7-BF55-4A5A-8AD2-CD443E3FEDF6.thumb.jpeg.7af1436b6039522f38c3a5d074276f8f.jpeg

Red Bull fans.

4DB7D679-B1E1-42BB-A418-5EF2D107CE52.jpeg.24ee30da856c77f6d78168a39823f7d2.jpeg

Merc fans huffing P2 copium:

76906B14-C511-4C03-A2FF-90C338E48ADB.thumb.jpeg.8401b33f858495c5726e8020be2b3b99.jpeg

Anyone arriving late to Vips / Piquet / Kelly / Max things.

CAD847BF-3E9E-4307-A7CA-74E620BB6914.jpeg.ac9bc5e451579b8489d4f3561582ce88.jpeg

11 hours ago, layten said:

Fuck the racist and homophobic piece of shit into the bin.

They referenced more stuff came out the woodwork on sky yesterday but never showed it or eluded to where it came from. 

I never seen anything online about it but I do lead a sheltered life. 

On another point, watching/listening to the p1 commentary yesterday I felt that Jenson was just trying to argue with the female co-host (not sure of their name). It seemed that anytime she made a point that would have likely been waved by if it was Crofty shouting, JB picked up on and went a bit ott on it. It felt a bit awkward. 

12 hours ago, layten said:

Fuck the racist and homophobic piece of shit into the bin.

Come now. Those are common terms in Brazil and his grandmother used them all the time....

The Mercedes has looked really stable through all of the practice sessions, it still has some bouncing and you can still hear the floor hitting the ground on the on boards but it looks alot better