IGNORED

Wordle - free daily word game (see link in first post)

Jamie John

15 minutes ago, andyw said:

How’s everyone doing on the guess distribution? After 8 days I’ve yet to fluke a 1 or manage a 2:

1: 0

2: 0

3: 2

4: 3

5: 1

6: 2

1:0

2:0

3:1

4:3

5:3

6:1

I got all 'not in this word' black squares for the first two guesses today, and then a solitary green on the third. That was a bit worrying. Rescued it in 5, I find it interesting how this game seems to make my brain fixate on words that can't be correct so I end up missing what later seems obvious.

12 minutes ago, SozzlyJoe said:

Why has this got so popular all of a sudden? It's EVERYWHERE. Good to see we were ahead of the curve anyway.

The first one in the thread is 192, I think we're a bit late to be claiming hipster dibs! But still slightly before the absolute masses, go us. I'd been ignoring it on twitter for about two weeks before I gave in to curiosity as this thread started.

44 minutes ago, c-cat114 said:

Does anyone have a line one word they go for every time? I go for chair but in retrospect it's not been spectacularly helpful... 

Not so far, only been playing a few days. but I figure something like "suite" is a good one:

3 vowels, and 2 very common consonants feels like you will learn a lot from that first result. I actually did...

Spoiler

"Quite" this morning:

Wordle 201 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Interestingly got nothing from that so told me immediately that I could only have O and A as vowels. I think I was a little bit lucky with the steps I took

Quite

Board

Balmy

Banal

I think I was artificially thinking that there might only be one each of each letter, so it's lucky I suddenly remembered that I could have two A's and got a bit lucky

Wordle 201 4/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I won’t sweat about never getting it in 2. It’s just luck at that point. The process of deduction will usually see you having to use up a couple more lines, and it’s not a waste!

1 hour ago, c-cat114 said:

Does anyone have a line one word they go for every time? I go for chair but in retrospect it's not been spectacularly helpful... 

no but I normally go for 2 different vowels and some common consonants. 

Wordle 201 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟩⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler

image.png.16c0630496005bf50a8084b5469ec171.png

Second time playing this game, it's quite fun. Today I learnt that one letter in Wordle can be in multiple places - I was genuinely struggling, as I basically used every vowel and eliminated half of the consonants up to that point to get an idea what was going on. Look at this hot mess of a keyboard:

image.png.20569257ceb9d117492d2c2d45abfe13.png

13 hours ago, Fretnoise said:

No vowels would probably do me. With a repeated letter for added confusion. SLYLY or SHYLY, perhaps.

11 hours ago, Jamie John said:

TRYST would be a fucker.

SHY GYPSY

SLYLY

SPRYLY

TRYST BY MY CRYPT

I've been playing a little game with myself once i've solved it. Trying to play it in reverse and figure out what word people start with based on what I know about my own progress.

2 hours ago, milko said:

The first one in the thread is 192, I think we're a bit late to be claiming hipster dibs! But still slightly before the absolute masses, go us. I'd been ignoring it on twitter for about two weeks before I gave in to curiosity as this thread started.

Donlan has me covered

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2022-01-06-looking-forward-how-does-a-game-spread-online

Seems a legit take, it's the share button, and those little mosaics. You see one, it prompts you to look into it, and you're hooked. And now it's hit a critical mass.