IGNORED

Christmas Gaming 2021

Captain Kelsten

Well, this year has seen such a glut of riches for me with the new consoles - albeit mostly in the forms of lovely upgraded versions of old faves - I'm utterly spoilt for choice, and count my blessings to be in a such a lovely position. 

However, I've just made a tentative start on AC:Valhalla (which feels suitably wintery) and it seems pretty fun. 

But, the main fun will hopefully be when the nephews come over in a couple of days, where we will continue with playing Guacamelee! and possibly will be introducing them to the dubious morality involved with the first Metal Slug game. 

I may well have to put on the new Ratchet and Clank game for them to gawp at too.

I'm thoroughly excited by it all :D 

I'll wait and see if I get anything tomorrow before committing fully, but I've got Halo and Forza ready to start on PC, I'm currently playing Bowser's Fury on Switch, and I've got Horizon and Bloodborne ready to go on PS5.

I've got the whole week off work while my partner doesn't, so no matter what I've go with, I'll have plenty of time to get stuck in. It feels like forever since I've had this opportunity. 

I'm torn between a few at the moment to get, knowing me I'll either get both or neither lol. 

Life is Strange: True Colours: Loved the first one, never played the second one. Heard good things about this but reserved to pay £30 even if it's on sale at the moment. 

Tales of Arise: Again, heard good things, love a good jrpg but not convinced that I'll actually get through it. 

NiGHTS.png.6286d791b3abce978b90a0d044675d4e.png

I picked the best evening to finally get around to unlocking Christmas NiGHTS. I'll probably soldier on with the cabaret clubs in Yakuza Zero tomorrow, if I have some non-cooking time.

MiSTer is also looking a bit festive. I expect there'll be some Mario Kart happening with my wife tomorrow afternoon. :wub:

mister-flash.gif.3cb086a74793e3239c2e630906f69eb2.gif

1 hour ago, amc said:

Just decided, gonna cut the cheese and have a Returnal session. Stilton that is, with some water biscuits, grapes and a bottle of Port. 

Happy Christmas.

How long you getting that cheese out the fridge for before eating it? Mine’s been too cold recently it’s doing my nut.

13 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

How long you getting that cheese out the fridge for before eating it? Mine’s been too cold recently it’s doing my nut.

Took it out about two hours before hand. Turned the central heating off in the kitchen a bit before. Was delicious.

10 minutes ago, amc said:

Took it out about two hours before hand. Turned the central heating off in the kitchen a bit before. Was delicious.

Nice. Okay sweet I’m gonna do that after dinner (6pm where I am so still got time). Bit of Forza and a bit of Tetris effect to go with it I think. 

9 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

It's been another shit year but here we are, back at the whole festive Christmas period which, in my household at least, means lots of gaming time and usually me buying/trying games I've not played before (even if I'd bought them years ago).

This Christmas I am playing:

Stellaris

Make space great again! That's what the RLLMUK topic tagline is for this game and, by jingo, I'll do it. I'm playing as a xenophobic, spiritual society of environmentalist space-faring Jellyfish known as the Sacred Flurgleblarg Empire. My plan is to conquer the galaxy and flood every planet to make them habitable. The reality is probably I'll get bored/wiped out by overly aggressive AI in about an hour's time. 

Crusader Kings III

Another Paradox game, this time set in medieval times. Take your initial county/duchy/kingdom and try to make it last generations. There's not real main story to speak of, it's just the stories you build along the way. The game is fairly complex but far more beginner friendly than the previous game in the series.

I took the tutorial king, an Irish fella, through the tutorial. Once that was done I didn’t really know what to do so I just pootled about for a bit before my King died from his injuries after being thrown from his horse whilst out riding. His son took over who apparently everyone hated. I declared war on my second cousin to take Dublin but was soundly thrashed and ended up imprisoned. I didn't really know what to do next so I turned it off and haven't been back...yet.

Mount and Banner 2: Bannerlord

Another medieval kingdom-em-up but with Chivalry-esque combat. It's bloody difficult. Still technically early access but there's a lot there. No bloody clue what I'm doing but I'm enjoying it nonetheless.

Dead by Daylight

Despite the fact they finished their Christmas event on the 23rd (seriously, who the fuck does that? BAH HUMBUG!) I am back into DBD in a big way, after a good few months off. Playing exclusively survivor at the moment and very much enjoying it for the time being!

Planet Zoo

My son and I play this together. He draws out zoos and I build them. His drawings are mostly just squares with things like "snow lepods" and "pengwins" and "wolfs" written in them, but we make it work! So far we have gorillas, grizzly bears, a whole pack of timber wolves, some snow leopards and a few exhibits dotted about.

My son is playing

Animal Crossing

Always Animal Crossing. I recently got him the Happy Home expansion so he's been having great fun building holiday homes for random animals.

But he does have Pokemon something diamond (or is it pearl) for Christmas. A pokemon game for Christmas is becoming a bit of a tradition: two years ago he got let's go Pikachu, last year it was Sword (or possibly shield) and this year it's...whatever the new/remake one is called.

Yeah that…we’ve had it going for what must be five years or so now. Xmas is new Pokémon game time and as I have two they always get the matching game each.

Pearl for the youngest and Diamond for the eldest this year.

As for my Xmas gaming hoping to finish Biomutant and move on to the Halo Infinity campaign but have got hopelessly hooked on the new Halo multiplayer so good chance I’ll just keep on playing that!

This is the first year in probably more than a decade that'll be in my own house for the Christmas period so gaming will be done. 

I have lots of secret Santa goodies along with Ratchet and Clank, RE8 and GotG which I got in the sales for PS5 to play. 

So obviously that means it'll be yet more Escape from Tarkov. The addiction is real. :lol:

Take note @moosegrinder;)

I spent a couple of hours last night playing the least festive game imaginable, Control UE, which I picked up in a sale recently.

It is kind of festive for me on account of playing the original release 2 years ago during Christmas and I loved it. Also just such a great game to sink into on a winter evening (like a familiar movie). Looking forward to the DLC's which I didn't play first time round.

Oh, I did get RE Village this morning from the wife but probably won't start that until the new year.

I’ve recently finished the main Horizon game and am now working through RE 8.  If they strung up some festive lights instead of goat heads in the main village area it would probably feel quite Christmassy with all the snow!

My wife gave me Mario Vs Rabbids on Switch which I’ve never played before. I loved the battle system in Wasteland 3 and this isn’t a million miles away. So  now pretty much every other game is on hold as this is packed with character. It’s adorable!

I'm halfway through spider miles 2: moralesman so will be finishing that off and borrowed resi village and lost judgement for Xmas from my bro. On top of that, some steam secret santa stuff and I'm all set for the festive break which I'm off until the new year, so woo and indeed hoo.