IGNORED

Legacy - Peter Molyneux's new game - 'Will revolutionise blockchain gaming and the use of NFTs'

Goose

1 minute ago, thesnwmn said:

It feels like he's sad/mad that he missed being the guy behind Star Citizen who basically out Molyneux'd Molyneux as well as finding a way to make a shit tonne of cash selling a very stupid dream.

spacer.png

Unfortunately he has come down in the world as he's not actually the principal conman on this one, that would be his partner Gala Games. For example, their last three blog posts:

image.thumb.png.a6d6c067aab52fcdf92deb481fa4181b.png

Legacy is just one of their various cons - you can currently buy the Anvil of Gravity from Echoes of Empire for a cool £800k. Echoes of Empire appears to be based around various reoccurring rounds of 'land claims' that get more expensive each time round, thus enabling an endless grift.

Very few of these NFT games prioritise the actual game part, although they all seem very capable of selling the tokens. There may well be useful and fun NFT gaming applications, I don't want to naysay the whole thing necessarily. But it's rife with obvious scammery even more than general crypto stuff at present.

1 hour ago, Capwn said:

Right now you can only buy land in one area (London), apparently within just 10mins of this game launching, each piece of land (the squares on the map) were sold.

image.png.13be82ab53c4447b859c4ccf0181e449.png

How much are people paying for these pieces of land pixels?

Besides the blockchain stuff how’s this any different to second life? People bought and sold land as well as objects in that game and whilst the world itself could be fairly seedy no one really cared all that much when someone spent thousands on an island.

46 minutes ago, Padaxes said:

I presume these are getting snapped up because people think they can sell them later for a profit ? 

I'm getting flashbacks to the 2000s where you had stories of people getting rich buying and selling land on Second Life. 

Excellent Hit Points today on the whole NFT ‘gaming’ shitshow.

Crypto is going to kill everything good, and then everything else isn’t it? That’s why there are no super advanced spacefaring civs out there.

Some fucking cunt always invents or pumps crypto and fires shit up into low-planet-orbit. In our case, it’s partly the same cunt.

44 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

I'm surprised that Star Citizen hasn't announced yet that they're going to sell NFTs of their spaceship jpgs. Or sell pieces of spaaaaace

Imagine owning a piece of Uranus on the blockchain

I'd say it's pretty certain they are working on that as we speak.

42 minutes ago, deerokus said:

Remember those companies that used to sell 'land on the moon' or whatever as a birthday present? It's like that. Except with more money laundering.

But everyone knew that was just a laugh.  Nobody bought one of those certificates and then started stockpiling resources for their moonbase.