IGNORED

Sniper Elite 5

Girth Certificate

The Hitler DLC is weird, I finished it off by storming where Adolf was and just shooting everyone and everything up. 

Cue end of game but it seemed fit to award me all the possible achievements including killing Hitler by stealth.

9 hours ago, sofasurfer said:

The Hitler DLC is weird, I finished it off by storming where Adolf was and just shooting everyone and everything up. 

Cue end of game but it seemed fit to award me all the possible achievements including killing Hitler by stealth.

If you kill every single last one of them, then technically there's nobody left who has seen you - therefore: unseen. 

13 hours ago, Hawklord said:

100 Axis Invasion kills and they don't even give you an achievement lol

4e39bf7f-2ffc-4d2f-ad59-bef661e440f2.thumb.jpg.bf20c3be0c10211c90495fa4bd320238.jpg

@Hawklord do any of the full set of perks you’ve unlocked there make a significant difference to invasion?

I’ve just started invading myself and I’ve got a handful of perks unlocked, but at the early stages it’s cosmetics/ outfits & a few If the regular weapon’s so far? Anything in there that really helps?

Anybody else find weirdness in the Wolf Mountain DLC on Xbox. Hitlers garage having only wheels but no cars - yet you can't walk through them. Doors missing with the "press to unlock" hanging where the handle should be?

I reinstalled and it's still the same.

5 hours ago, Tim said:

@Hawklord do any of the full set of perks you’ve unlocked there make a significant difference to invasion?

I’ve just started invading myself and I’ve got a handful of perks unlocked, but at the early stages it’s cosmetics/ outfits & a few If the regular weapon’s so far? Anything in there that really helps?

For the invasions the skills/perks are set to the maximum and cannot be changed. The only stuff you can change are your guns and your appearance (uniform) and these are what you unlock as you progress. You can't even change the additional items.

I'd say >60% of my kills were using the machine gun. Fairly often you would find the other player hiding in a building where they can't be seen from outside, so I'd just run in and spray bullets everywhere until they died lol.

2 hours ago, Mr Majestyk said:

Anybody else find weirdness in the Wolf Mountain DLC on Xbox. Hitlers garage having only wheels but no cars - yet you can't walk through them. Doors missing with the "press to unlock" hanging where the handle should be?

I reinstalled and it's still the same.

Yes, among loads of other bugs lol. The missing doors was quite common but also had medkits floating in the air and I've fallen through the scenery to my death a few times (few seconds of falling through an empty grey haze before splatting exactly where I'd fallen through)

5 hours ago, Hawklord said:

Yes, among loads of other bugs lol. The missing doors was quite common but also had medkits floating in the air and I've fallen through the scenery to my death a few times (few seconds of falling through an empty grey haze before splatting exactly where I'd fallen through)

I recorded a chunk of the 3rd mission iirc where i bugged it out while trying to get rid of a corpse which then stayed on my shoulder for the whole rest of the level. 

A bit of his butt would get in the way when trying to aim sometimes too, as though I was trying to shoot through a corpse on the floor or something. 

1 hour ago, b00dles said:

I recorded a chunk of the 3rd mission iirc where i bugged it out while trying to get rid of a corpse which then stayed on my shoulder for the whole rest of the level. 

A bit of his butt would get in the way when trying to aim sometimes too, as though I was trying to shoot through a corpse on the floor or something. 

😂😂😂

21 minutes ago, Hawklord said:

😂😂😂

I just uploaded them but I didn't record the whole thing because I play it very slowly but the first one is relatively shortly after I picked it up I think, on first play through of that level and the second one is me leaving with him still on my shoulder. 

Oh the mic picked up me watching  somemorenews on YouTube

:facepalm:

I'll see if I can mute that somehow...

Edit: balls. I'll have to do it on the ps tomorrow it seems. Oh well, mute it on YouTube for the minute. 

• 4 weeks later...

I’m taking a break from my other games, Sekiro and Elden Ring mainly, and enjoying the hell out of this.

The first mission was amazing, I spent a good few hours exploring the map, picking off Nazis, triggering alarms and running away. Got a long range testicle shot on the target in the village 🤘

I’ve been craving some World War action since getting my Series X, for Dolby Vision and Atmos sensory overload. This is the best war game so far out of what I’ve played on Gamepass… Reminds me a lot of Hidden and Dangerous on my Pentium 2 back in my college days 🥰

• 2 weeks later...

Have come back to this and finally got through the Spy Academy level. Did everyone else just stab up loads of cunts? There were too many around to be able to shoot anyone. Though I did twice kill four at once with grenades. One if the times when I needed to kill the sub boss.

52 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

Have come back to this and finally got through the Spy Academy level. Did everyone else just stab up loads of cunts? There were too many around to be able to shoot anyone. Though I did twice kill four at once with grenades. One if the times when I needed to kill the sub boss.

I think I've probably killed about 5 people in close quarters and I've played it through almost twice over now :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, b00dles said:

I think I've probably killed about 5 people in close quarters and I've played it through almost twice over now :ph34r:

I got the achievement for 100 close quarters kills earlier. Clearly I'm doing it wrong.

How do I just caps in nazi asses without getting swarmed?

4 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

I got the achievement for 100 close quarters kills earlier. Clearly I'm doing it wrong.

Find the workbenches so you can install various suppressors and use subsonic ammo. Creep about and headshot nazi's with your silenced pistol

I've became an invasion troll lol.

Spoiler

I've set up the first level where I've played until I've blown up the radar. But I've also murdered everyone and piled their bodies at the entrance to the tunnel that takes you down the back. Every one of the bodies is booby trapped. Also done the same at the bottom of the stairs, murdered everyone and piled their booby trapped bodies at the bottom entrance. I've also lined the stairs with 9 teller mines. I then sit and wait to be invaded. If they make it through the tunnels I kill them while they heal. If they arrive at the side I'm on, I run down to the bottom and wait for them. Ach it entertains me lol

Also discovered that from the radar site you can see and snipe a fair bit of the map if you know where to look!

2 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

Yeah, I thought it was a bit of a cheek there are a couple of achievements like that one and various short range gun kills that I'm never going to get :lol:

3 hours ago, Hawklord said:

I've became an invasion troll lol.

Reveal hidden contents

I've set up the first level where I've played until I've blown up the radar. But I've also murdered everyone and piled their bodies at the entrance to the tunnel that takes you down the back. Every one of the bodies is booby trapped. Also done the same at the bottom of the stairs, murdered everyone and piled their booby trapped bodies at the bottom entrance. I've also lined the stairs with 9 teller mines. I then sit and wait to be invaded. If they make it through the tunnels I kill them while they heal. If they arrive at the side I'm on, I run down to the bottom and wait for them. Ach it entertains me lol

Also discovered that from the radar site you can see and snipe a fair bit of the map if you know where to look!

:sealclap:

Stunning.

Really annoying, about an hour into the War Factory level, the game has decided that I can't fire any weapon I'm aiming. I can snap shoot, but not use a scope or anything. Have tried quitting and realoading my save, but it's still broken. Annoying.

Speaking of that level. 

Spoiler

Found a flare gun, any pointers for where I can use it for maximum carnage?

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/09/2022 at 18:23, ScouserInExile said:

I also realized, after watching a video about it, that bottles are really useful but I've never actually thrown one. I didnt know you could knock people out with them, for a start.

Never knew or tried that and after your other posts about close quarters I looked up my stats and the only gun that isn't a sniper rifle I've got any kills with is the welrod and I think that was only on 26. :lol:

I take a very long time on each level though and I game it quite a lot but I still love playing these, even if I'm arguably "doing it wrong" in some respects. 

1 hour ago, Hawklord said:

Enjoying this but it's getting out of hand lol

0ae4c4ad-3745-4146-9df7-b64b91df85f4.thumb.png.6e010d6d281cac18b8a44fe80abe4b72.png

That's my invasion map, you can easily tell which stage the other player is at and lie in wait in their next location. I don't think you can but it would be nice if you could ask the game to only consider invading in a specific map but I'm guessing the amount of players still playing this has dropped off a bit.

14 hours ago, b00dles said:

Never knew or tried that and after your other posts about close quarters I looked up my stats and the only gun that isn't a sniper rifle I've got any kills with is the welrod and I think that was only on 26. :lol:

I take a very long time on each level though and I game it quite a lot but I still love playing these, even if I'm arguably "doing it wrong" in some respects. 

I would suspect, given the title of the game, my not using the sniper rifle much is an indication that I'm "doing it wrong", not you. 

I end up using the pistol a lot, once I'm in and around buildings. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to use the rifle in these situations where there's a few enemies around and there's nothing to sound mask. Do you just let them go red and blast the fuck out of them or what? I always err on the side of stealth, so try to avoid that at all costs.

I'd love to watch someone else playing, do I could see how they actually snipe their way through levels, but I've tried and it gives me motion sickness. 

16 hours ago, sofasurfer said:

That's my invasion map, you can easily tell which stage the other player is at and lie in wait in their next location. I don't think you can but it would be nice if you could ask the game to only consider invading in a specific map but I'm guessing the amount of players still playing this has dropped off a bit.

Yeah, there's only a handful of spawn points for the invader so as soon as your "radar" shows which direction they are relative to you, you can usually race down and take them by surprise.

If you invade me however, as I said a few posts back, I'm a total troll on this level due to how I've got things set up :D

Also agree about being able to choose which map you invade, I hate Rubble and Ruin lol