IGNORED

UE5 - The Matrix Awakens

Boozy The Clown

6 minutes ago, hmm said:

How much does this show of the new film? I've seen one trailer and I want to go in cold besides that, but of course I'm keen to check out the cool tech at the same time.

To my knowledge, absolutely nothing.

29 minutes ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

This city model is made for a Spiderman game...

Have you played the Spidey games on PS4/5?

Just now, Triple A said:

Seriously?  No intention to troll, I just thought it was pretty obvious

It is obvious. Like, hilariously obvious. Also, I'm wondering if those who are completely losing their shit over the visuals have only ever played games on Xbox and not PS5/PC.

3 minutes ago, englishbob said:

No, but honestly I never twigged during playing this - which is really odd as I'm usually quite sensitive to this, but I was too busy bringing out my inner Keanu - WHOA

Its because it's frame paced properly (when it remains at 30fps at least) and makes heavy use of motion blur.

See, everyone? That global illumination I keep banging on about is (one of the many things) what makes Cyberpunk look so sweet on an RTX card.

I think I'm more impressed here with the traffic/NPC generation and AI. That will save devs loads of time, and something which Cyberpunk could actually be doing with.

They still need to work on the trademark janky Unreal frame drops, and most of all how the main character moves about.

45 minutes ago, Thor said:

It is obvious. Like, hilariously obvious. Also, I'm wondering if those who are completely losing their shit over the visuals have only ever played games on Xbox and not PS5/PC.

No, it's got nothing to do with the Series X not having a Spiderman game.

Had fun flying around in this, peeking into windows of furnished flats and offices was great, even if they're procedurally generated to the point where they're all very similar and have vending machines or desks blocking the only entrance. Still a nice taster of the kind of of additional detail we might see this gen.

A bit rough around the edges when moving quickly, felt <25fps at times nevermind 30. Still surprisingly fun to zip around in considering it's a fancy tech demo and it's always cool to have something shiny to show off on a new console.

As we inch deeper into uncanny valley, my wife's issue is always with faces. Personally, I thought the mouth movements were off but my wife said it was the noses. I didn't see that at all until that tweet above, showing movie/game side by side. His nose is way less detailed.

Funny, it feels like tedious nitpicking, but it's only because it's so close.

5 minutes ago, TehStu said:

As we inch deeper into uncanny valley, my wife's issue is always with faces. Personally, I thought the mouth movements were off but my wife said it was the noses. I didn't see that at all until that tweet above, showing movie/game side by side. His nose is way less detailed.

Funny, it feels like tedious nitpicking, but it's only because it's so close.

Key problem is vanity/perfection. The designers I'd say wrestle with this, replicating actors flaws won't win many friends.

I watched a YouTube video and, despite the bit rate issues with that, this felt like one of those wow moments you used to get all the time with new and incredible looking graphics engines in the 90s. Which is kind of fitting really considering. The CGI Keanu was quite obvious: the faces and models are not actually as good as something in like say, the RE Engine games for example I think. But when all the other stuff starts, well...

I'm thinking the colour grading of the chase sequence might be tricking you into thinking it's more "movie like" or something, but then you get the whole cityscape that goes on forever with no pop in etc and it's clear the next few years are entering crazy tech territory.