IGNORED

Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth (Record of Lodoss War) - what is an elf?!

Keyboard Koala

Thanks for starting this thread. I’d intended to do so and then procrastinated. This does indeed look great. 

If anyone is looking for a physical copy, this is getting a physical release in Japan with full English language text on the 16th December. Red Art Games are releasing it in Europe (and also in collaboration with Videogamesplus in North America) but that has a vague January 2022 release, and my own experience of these small publishers is that they never ever release a game for when they initially claim, so I’d probably import from Japan.

4 hours ago, gossi the dog said:

Thanks for starting this thread. I’d intended to do so and then procrastinated. This does indeed look great. 

If anyone is looking for a physical copy, this is getting a physical release in Japan with full English language text on the 16th December. Red Art Games are releasing it in Europe (and also in collaboration with Videogamesplus in North America) but that has a vague January 2022 release, and my own experience of these small publishers is that they never ever release a game for when they initially claim, so I’d probably import from Japan.

Absolutely must import this one.

Where's the best place to do that from these days? The last time I imported a game was F-Zero GX. :s Or maybe Psyvariar 2? Ridge Racers + PSP? It was long ago, any road.

34 minutes ago, Fallows said:

Absolutely must import this one.

Where's the best place to do that from these days? The last time I imported a game was F-Zero GX. :s Or maybe Psyvariar 2? Ridge Racers + PSP? It was long ago, any road.

You’re in the Netherlands? Nedgame have it up for preorder for €35

https://www.nedgame.nl/nintendo-switch/record-of-lodoss-war:-deedlit-in-wonder-labyrinth/9947585855/

If not in the Netherlands.

Amazon Japan - although postage is expensive if only buying the one game (buying additional items adds a minimal amount to the total postage so worth it if buying several games). They charge UK/EU VAT at checkout so no additional handling charges.

Play-Asia. Also charge UK/EU VAT at checkout so no additional handling charges. Postage takes longer than Amazon. 

3 hours ago, gossi the dog said:

You’re in the Netherlands? Nedgame have it up for preorder for €35

https://www.nedgame.nl/nintendo-switch/record-of-lodoss-war:-deedlit-in-wonder-labyrinth/9947585855/

If not in the Netherlands.

Amazon Japan - although postage is expensive if only buying the one game (buying additional items adds a minimal amount to the total postage so worth it if buying several games). They charge UK/EU VAT at checkout so no additional handling charges.

Play-Asia. Also charge UK/EU VAT at checkout so no additional handling charges. Postage takes longer than Amazon. 

Amazing. Nedgame it is. Thanks a lot!

2 hours ago, acidbearboy said:

I’ve had Touhou Luna Nights on my wish list for a while. Has anybody played both? How do they compare?

I've played both of them and posted some thoughts here:

I enjoyed both of them an absolute ton, and if you enjoy Metroidvania/action games I'd suggest both of them are well worth playing, but you can't really go wrong with either. Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth is the easier one of the two and you can approach it a little more slowly and methodically, whereas Touhou Luna Nights is a bunch faster and gets pretty tough at the end, though it's all learnable/pattern-based so once you are familiar with what is about to happen you can usually become familiar and competent enough to get through any situation.

You don't need to know anything about Touhou or Record of Lodoss War to enjoy these, the stories are very thin and a lack of prior knowledge won't affect your enjoyment.

I preferred Touhou Luna Nights overall, but they're both great.