IGNORED

PlayStation Plus Premium - Out Now

Sarlaccfood

1 hour ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Whut

The Yakuza games have been on Plus before, now they’ve only come back on the top two tiers rather than the basic tier. Why not make them available on the lowest tier again too?

1 hour ago, BitterToad said:

Did they say they'd be adding them monthly?

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

No, but do they take an extra payment each month so I can understand why people might expect them. 

That's so you can carry on playing the one available not get more each month.

52 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

The Yakuza games have been on Plus before, now they’ve only come back on the top two tiers rather than the basic tier. Why not make them available on the lowest tier again too?

Because the lowest tier is just a couple of games a month? It’s not an ongoing library like the others?

35 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Because the lowest tier is just a couple of games a month? It’s not an ongoing library like the others?

Yep, my only point is that if you’re new to Plus you now have to pay more (subscription wise) to access the games than previously. I guess it’s cheaper to licence games for the higher tiers, as access is temporary whereas on the lowest tier you retain access as long as you’re subscribed.

2 hours ago, scoobysi said:

$$$

but I don’t really have a problem with “you missed the boat the first time round” games.

4 hours ago, MansizeRooster said:

All of those games are PS4/5 games. I'm not seeing any PS1, 2, 3 or PSP games there.

They have split them into two different catalogues, so it could be this is just the 'Games Catelogue' announcement with a 'Classics Catelogue' announcement to follow later.

36 minutes ago, keptbybees said:

They have split them into two different catalogues, so it could be this is just the 'Games Catelogue' announcement with a 'Classics Catelogue' announcement to follow later.

That’s what they did last month.

7 hours ago, Hitcher said:

Adding games monthly not adding PS5, PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, and PSP games monthly.

According to link they are adding legacy games monthly too, just at a different time in the month. 

10 hours ago, scoobysi said:

Yep, my only point is that if you’re new to Plus you now have to pay more (subscription wise) to access the games than previously. I guess it’s cheaper to licence games for the higher tiers, as access is temporary whereas on the lowest tier you retain access as long as you’re subscribed.

I don't really understand your point. There are loads of games in the catalogue that have previously been on PS+ that people will have missed out on. They now have a way to gain access again.

The notion that the Essential tier would just have dozens/hundreds of old titles made available is...misguided.

Interestingly though, games that are in the catalogue but have not been on the Essential tier previously are being used to flesh out the monthly offerings. 

I suppose the point could be made that if you've always been a loyal PS+ subscriber, you have these games already, so them coming to PS Premium or whatever is a big gigantic 'meh'. I'm not too worried though, there's plenty already on it for me.

2 hours ago, SozzlyJoe said:

I suppose the point could be made that if you've always been a loyal PS+ subscriber, you have these games already, so them coming to PS Premium or whatever is a big gigantic 'meh'. I'm not too worried though, there's plenty already on it for me.

Yep, I agree with that.

On 11/08/2022 at 07:10, Stanley said:

According to link they are adding legacy games monthly too, just at a different time in the month. 

Yeah but that link is just copying from a blog post which says nothing of the sort, and in fact pretty specifically says the opposite:

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/05/16/all-new-playstation-plus-game-lineup-assassins-creed-valhalla-demons-souls-ghost-of-tsushima-directors-cut-nba-2k22-and-more-join-the-service/

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium**/Deluxe 

An additional monthly refresh will occur in the middle of each month with new games across the PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium/Deluxe plans. The number of games refreshed will vary per month.

48 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

Yeah but that link is just copying from a blog post which says nothing of the sort, and in fact pretty specifically says the opposite:

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/05/16/all-new-playstation-plus-game-lineup-assassins-creed-valhalla-demons-souls-ghost-of-tsushima-directors-cut-nba-2k22-and-more-join-the-service/

Clear as mud then.

1 hour ago, Alex W. said:

I would've thought that the fact that they don't say they'd do that, and then they didn't do that, would be a bit of a clue at this late stage in the game.

They haven’t said anything, really, have they? 

On 13/08/2022 at 11:16, Stanley said:

They haven’t said anything, really, have they? 

Do you expect them to? They won't want to commit to new titles monthly and then fail to deliver and get beaten up for it. So they'll say nothing. Hence it's as clear as it can ever be really.

Pay for what's there now and not for what might be there in the future.

Better judgement of their ongoing intent or commitment will take months and even years to judge.