PlayStation Plus Premium - Out Now

Sarlaccfood

1 hour ago, Pelekophoros said:

Oh well, it's not a wide service thing at least.

It was brought to my attention because someone else couldn't access it, so I checked mine.

9 minutes ago, deKay said:

It was brought to my attention because someone else couldn't access it, so I checked mine.

Yeah, there's definitely something funky going on because I can't set it to download using the app but having added it to the library I could download it on the console.

Anyway, I loaded it up last night and it looked shit on a big TV, so I immediately deleted it.

5 hours ago, deKay said:

Still unavailable for me.

image.png.eebe94f96a8ec4e70f22ae84ad630396.png

Had no problems downloading it. Both PS4 and PS5 versions are available. Wouldn’t worry about it too much though as having just given it a go, it’s not very good.

Half the time you have the perspective lined up which should work but, it doesn’t, because you can only solve the puzzles in a certain way. When you do line the perspective up in the “correct” way, a lot of the time it’ still doesn’t work. The game then suddenly starts moving the goal posts and needing you to solve stuff in ways that it didn’t allow you to before. Switched it off, doubt I’ll give it another go.

4 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

I remember Echochrome reviewing quite well at the time, and then being frustrating for exactly the reasons you outlined there.

Just checked a few reviews out and you remember correctly! It’s rated 81 on Metacritic. Got an Edge 7. Bizarrely quite a few of the reviews mention it being “relaxing and soothing”. Fuck knows what they were playing, i found it to be all of the frustrating, for all of the wrong reasons. Nice little idea, poorly executed.

So, finished Man of Medan, which ended up being disappointing and dumb as a rock. Moved onto Deliver Us the Moon for my next Plus Premium game. Started well with decent graphics and sound and plenty of promise but, its quickly turned into what I like to call a “shopping list game”..

It may as well be set inside the Moon’s first Tesco Extra. Your task.......“Go to the bread aisle and find a loaf of bread”. “Now head to the baked beans section and get yourself a can of baked beans”. “Take the baked beans and bread to the checkout and pay for them”. “Head back to base and make yourself some beans on toast”.  “Congratulations, you’ve just completed Deliver Us the Beans.......thanks for playing”. 

Shame they didn’t think about Delivering us the Gameplay, because despite it supposedly being an Adventure/Puzzle game, I’m 4hrs in and yet to encounter any adventure or any puzzles........or any gameplay. The story is pretty much non-existent too. So frustrating because there’s so much promise and potential to it, which is why I’ve soldiered on, hoping for it to pick up.

36 minutes ago, CrichStand said:

So, finished Man of Medan, which ended up being disappointing and dumb as a rock. Moved onto Deliver Us the Moon for my next Plus Premium game. Started well with decent graphics and sound and plenty of promise but, its quickly turned into what I like to call a “shopping list game”..

It may as well be set inside the Moon’s first Tesco Extra. Your task.......“Go to the bread aisle and find a loaf of bread”. “Now head to the baked beans section and get yourself a can of baked beans”. “Take the baked beans and bread to the checkout and pay for them”. “Head back to base and make yourself some beans on toast”.  “Congratulations, you’ve just completed Deliver Us the Beans.......thanks for playing”. 

Shame they didn’t think about Delivering us the Gameplay, because despite it supposedly being an Adventure/Puzzle game, I’m 4hrs in and yet to encounter any adventure or any puzzles........or any gameplay. The story is pretty much non-existent too. So frustrating because there’s so much promise and potential to it, which is why I’ve soldiered on, hoping for it to pick up.

4 hours in your about to see the credits

Good to know! I’ll see it through to the end then. Only so disappointed with it because of how much potential it has. The basic mechanics, the setting, the atmosphere. Feels like it could have genuinely been something great or told a really cool story. 

Yeah it doesn't really do any of that but it does randomly start throwing moments of peril at you. It's an odd one.

I finished Mafia via PS+ Premium last night and immediately moved on to Mafia 2. 

Big oof. Mafia DE was a lovingly rebuilt, gorgeous looking remaster of a well regarded game of old.

Mafia 2 DE is an up-ressed version of its original. It looks worse, feels worse, starts worse, bizzarely has completely different controls and I just dunno.

We'll see. 

That lovely looking Sea of Stars is from the same team that made The Messenger (I discovered that in the Sea of Stars thread). Downloaded The Messenger with the "what's the worst that can happen?" approach, it's very good. Think Ninja Gaiden, Shovel Knight, that type of game. Easy enough to play, tight controls, witty writing. Give it a try.

3 hours ago, Pelekophoros said:

I don't think this service is for you dekay, you should definitely let it lapse when it comes up for renewal. You're having an awful time with it. 

I don't pay for it. I mysteriously get it for free.

No, I'm serious. I cancelled it about 6 years ago and have never paid them a penny. I have no PSN credit and have never associated any cards with it.

30 minutes ago, deKay said:

I don't pay for it. I mysteriously get it for free.

No, I'm serious. I cancelled it about 6 years ago and have never paid them a penny. I have no PSN credit and have never associated any cards with it.

I mean this doesn't invalidate any complaints you have a out the service but it definitely adds context. 

1 minute ago, Pelekophoros said:

I mean this doesn't invalidate any complaints you have a out the service but it definitely adds context. 

Well yeah. I certainly wouldn't pay for it.

I have enjoyed some games though. And some of the issues aren't big deals.

6 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Perhaps that's why you can't get it!

Well this could be true. I've always had access to PS+ but there have always been odd issues like this.

Odd issues with PS+ seem to be pretty common for everyone though.

54 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I love how @deKay casually threw in that little nugget ‘oh I don’t pay for it’ :lol:

I have mentioned it a number of times on here before. Probably in this thread too.