IGNORED

PlayStation Plus Premium - Out Now

Sarlaccfood

Not every month has been great but I have enjoyed some of the monthly games, I just completed Planet Coaster which was given away in Februaury this year I would never have purchased the game. I have now also subscribed to the Extra option, after looking through this list there is more than enough for me to enjoy for the next 12 months.

https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/all-ps-plus-games

Especially Adr1ft, Bad North, Celeste, Cris Tales, Dead Cells, Deliver us the Moon, Frostpunk, John Wick Hex, Last Stop, Mafia & Mafia 2 Definitive Edition, Stray (coming soon), Stellaris & Wytchwood.

3 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Not every month has been great but I have enjoyed some of the monthly games, I just completed Planet Coaster which was given away in Februaury this year I would never have purchased the game. I have now also subscribed to the Extra option, after looking through this list there is more than enough for me to enjoy for the next 12 months.

https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/all-ps-plus-games

Especially Adr1ft, Bad North, Celeste, Cris Tales, Dead Cells, Deliver us the Moon, Frostpunk, John Wick Hex, Last Stop, Mafia & Mafia 2 Definitive Edition, Stray (coming soon), Stellaris & Wytchwood.

Stray isn't for the lowest tier of plus.

In general Plus has been fairly decent. Next month's rumoured list looks fairly solid again 

Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time (PS5/PS4)

The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan (PS4)

Arcadegeddon (PS5/PS4)

So far I've played and completed Last Day Of June and Little Nightmares, and have now moved on to Deliver Us The Moon. The latter looks like its next-gen release was tied to the service going live, so while it's also old gen it's on the subscription from day one for that launch.

So far, a week in, this is being the same 'indie' darling for Playstation that XBGP is, letting me get at a bunch of games I'd otherwise probably not have purchased. Returnal hasn't even got a look in, yet.

I feel like I've played a bit of a blinder in getting a 3month Now subscription at the last minute a couple of months ago for £20.

That's translated to me getting the top tier until June 2024, when my current stack of PSPlus subscription ends. I really hope at that point the back-compat will be in a much better state than it is now, or I'll be going down to a lesser tier.

Im using the PC streaming and it works pretty well but I seem to be missing some games that were there earlier in the week - Kurushi and Tekken 2 are the ones I've noticed.  Have they been removed?

OK, fair play to Sony, just tried streaming Ghosts of Tsushima to see if it would be something I’d enjoy and it was absolutely flawless.

(It wasn’t something I’d enjoy, so I appreciated being able to play it without a large download)

It's impressive and good competition to GamePass but it's a mess. Does anyone have any links to resources keeping an eye on new additions and dates when games are falling off the service? Because all I know right now is that RDR2 is leaving during September.

There’s a “last chance to play” section in the menus, Looks like Shadow Warrior 3 and Syberia are about to leave. 

Whilst I think the service is decent, I’m personally finding that Gamepass is currently winning out for me. Just completed a 12hr Bush Trial flight on Flight Sim over the course of a week, which was one of the best, most chilled out experiences I’ve ever had with a game. Graphics are absolutely jaw droppingly insane too. Now started New Super Lucky’s Tale which seems really good. Finished around 10 games on there since February and still playing all the obvious stuff. The Microsoft Points/Rewards system is a huge bonus too.

Plus Premium seems to be a bit more hit and miss so far, with a lot of shite to trawl through. Kurushi is still the best thing I’ve played on there by a mile (excluding Returnal and Demon’s Souls which I bought and played on release). Worst has been R Type Final 2. Rubbish!

Is there seriously no way of being able to see all the Plus games in each tier on the store? All I've found is a text list on the Playstation site, which is functionally useless unless I'm supposed to search for each individual game?

Is this like regular Plus where you have to claim a game before it moves off the service and you can play it as long as you're subbed?

I like the service but man once that "I paid money for it" threshold is gone my patience/tolerance significantly dropped. Not sure how to feel about this.

Miles Morales - rubbish tutorial

RDR2 - too slow

R-Type Final 2 - ack no. Can't be bothered learning it

Raiden V - finished story once using like 10 continues, was fun. Never again

Kind of reminiscent to the PS1 pirate days, sooo much content available for dirt cheap. Why stick with something when here's probably something out there that's better.

4 minutes ago, df0 said:

I like the service but man once that "I paid money for it" threshold is gone my patience/tolerance significantly dropped. Not sure how to feel about this.

Miles Morales - rubbish tutorial

RDR2 - too slow

R-Type Final 2 - ack no. Can't be bothered learning it

Raiden V - finished story once using like 10 continues, was fun. Never again

Kind of reminiscent to the PS1 pirate days, sooo much content available for dirt cheap. Why stick with something when here's probably something out there that's better.

I had this with GamePass. Learned to rein it in with my system of "one big game and two indie games on the go at any one time." It's also  made me more critical of spending time with games I don't have fun with. I've just shelved two excellent games (Cris Tales and Atomicrops) because I've bounced off them multiple times now. Where as I used to grit my teeth and say "well I paid money for this" (my partner saw me do this in our early dating days with Eternal Sonata.)

Sure, but I've now lowered my tolerance to close to non-existent. I played RDR2 for 15 minutes and quit when I had to pick up my gun and hat from the floor. I'm sure the game deserves my attention but because it feel like it's free I don't care about not playing it. I bet I'd done the same with The Last of Us 2.

Also, most of my time is spend on Split/Second, what a gem that is. Platinum'ed it back on PS3, plays as good as I remember. Such a shame that type of racer just does not exist any more.

2 hours ago, df0 said:

Sure, but I've now lowered my tolerance to close to non-existent. I played RDR2 for 15 minutes and quit when I had to pick up my gun and hat from the floor. I'm sure the game deserves my attention but because it feel like it's free I don't care about not playing it. I bet I'd done the same with The Last of Us 2.

That's a choice. Ever since I chose to stick with one big game at a time and give it a proper chance without worrying about any kind of backlog, I'm finishing more games than ever and enjoying games in general a lot more.

You probably have to force yourself a bit with first or first two games to really stick with it, but after that your mindset is changed and you'll lead a happier life :)

14 hours ago, SMD said:

Is there seriously no way of being able to see all the Plus games in each tier on the store? All I've found is a text list on the Playstation site, which is functionally useless unless I'm supposed to search for each individual game?

Is this like regular Plus where you have to claim a game before it moves off the service and you can play it as long as you're subbed?

You can go the PS+ tab and see different curated lists. While there is some tomfoolery there, as with all curated lists, the lists definitely exist and there is absolutely a way to view them on the store. 

5 minutes ago, Pelekophoros said:

You can go the PS+ tab and see different curated lists. While there is some tomfoolery there, as with all curated lists, the lists definitely exist and there is absolutely a way to view them on the store. 

Whenever I click on any list, it takes me back to this page: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/ps-plus/games/#classics-a-z

and yes this is from the store too. it puts me right off trying to browse the catalogue.

5 minutes ago, Pelekophoros said:

I mean, "There's too much choice and I can't be arsed learning anything" is definitely a problem. Maybe subscription services just aren't for you?

Apart from piracy way back in the day this is the first time I've had this first world problem where's there a ton of content at my finger tips. I don't have Steam, don't buy a bunch of games for pennies via Humble Bundle or don't have an Xbox. So yeah, I need to learn.

6 minutes ago, Paulando said:

tbf I was like this with RDR2 after I’d paid 50 quid for it.

Same. Loved the first game, bought 2 on day one, gave up during the opening. Horrendous controls. Came back to it (digital purchase) and tried sticking with it. Nope. The worst controls of any Rockstar game ever. But hey a lot of people enjoyed it so I just moved on to something else.

18 minutes ago, SMD said:

Whenever I click on any list, it takes me back to this page: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/ps-plus/games/#classics-a-z

and yes this is from the store too. it puts me right off trying to browse the catalogue.

Ok I don't have that problem, don't know what you are doing in the store. The curated lists there work fine for me, both on the console and in the app

12 minutes ago, Pelekophoros said:

Ok I don't have that problem, don't know what you are doing in the store. The curated lists there work fine for me, both on the console and in the app

I'll try the console, cheers.

So looking at getting a year sub to PSN+ Premium what's the best way in terms of money to do this? Buy pre-paid cards from somewhere like ShopTo? Or are there any other money saving tricks? PS Now cards/subs are no longer available it seems! It it comes to it though at £99 its not a bad deal so may just go through the Sony store.

5 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

I upgraded from Essential to Premium.

I can still upgrade to Extra if I want - which I may do if Ridge Racers 2 ever gets added to Europe's offer.

Does premium not encapsulate Extra anyway?