IGNORED

PlayStation Plus Premium - Out Now

Sarlaccfood

Any news on if you have bought PS1/PS2 games but don't have plus, you can download them? My PS+ ran out on June 19, and when I went through the games I had to delete, there was 1 i would miss, The lego DC Super Villains. So I grabbed that on Amazon using credit I had on there.

I have too many games to play to invest in the higher tiers, I hardly ever play online, but I have bought stuff like God Hand on my PS3 back in the day, Was hoping I would get access to this stuff.

42 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

Any news on if you have bought PS1/PS2 games but don't have plus, you can download them? My PS+ ran out on June 19, and when I went through the games I had to delete, there was 1 i would miss, The lego DC Super Villains. So I grabbed that on Amazon using credit I had on there.

I have too many games to play to invest in the higher tiers, I hardly ever play online, but I have bought stuff like God Hand on my PS3 back in the day, Was hoping I would get access to this stuff.

If you bought them digitally from the Store, Sony have said you will be able to download them.

From what you've written, you did not do that, so will not be able to. 

Gonna switch to Extra I think. The Game Collection is just too good. Even though I already have games like Bloodborne, Returnal and Demon's Souls, I can now get a couple of games I wanted to play one day like Death Stranding and Ghost, as well as smaller games like Deliver Us the Moon and the upcoming Stray. Pretty easy to get my money's worth it seems.

8 minutes ago, Pelekophoros said:

If you bought them digitally from the Store, Sony have said you will be able to download them.

From what you've written, you did not do that, so will not be able to. 

Nope, I bought them all through the store. A bunch of PS1 and PS2 games but they are not on the new service, so I assume when they show up I can grab them.

I’m gonna give Deliver Us the Moon another go I think. It’s the game I had on my wishlist waiting for a sale, but was pleasantly surprised it was one of the launch titles for Extra/Premium.

Tried it last night and it makes such a bad first impression. Boring cutscene and voiceover, another boring cutscene and voiceover, then you appear in a room with some static objects that show SQUARE INTERACT when you look at them. A magazine on the coffee table. A radio on another table. So boring. I turned it off and played Sonic Mania instead.

Had a scan of a gameplay vid though and it does look cool, driving around on the moon and that, which I guess is why I added it to my wishlist in the first place. Why do so many indie games start like this though? Be a bit more exciting please. I’m not looking for Uncharted 2 here, just be a bit more imaginative.

46 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

Nope, I bought them all through the store. A bunch of PS1 and PS2 games but they are not on the new service, so I assume when they show up I can grab them.

Ah right, misunderstood then. Yeah, if they show up then according to what's been said you should be ok. 

4 hours ago, Darwock said:

Someone said they’ve been playing Kurushi - when I look at the website it’s not listed under either the Games Catalog(ue) or the Classics Catalog(ue).

So is the website listing also incomplete? (as well as using US English despite definitely being the en-gb URL)

It was released as I.Q Intelligent Qube in the US. Its Kurushi in Europe/UK. It’s on the UK service as Kurushi but the UK online store as I.Q Intelligent Qube. At least they’re consistent! 😂

Absolutely amazing game! Very hard to put down.

Everything about it is just spot on and sooooooo satisfying. Its “PEEEEEEERFECT!!! It’s got a real classic 80s/90s vibe and aesthetic to it and reminds me of loads of films of the era for some reason. Music is well Star Wars in places too. Having given it another play all these years later, I’d say it’s in my top games of all time. 

CHoosing between Premium and Extra - is there an easy way to tell on the lists which of the games are PS1 or PS2 or PS3 - Im not keen on streaming without a download option.

The other premium benefits I am not sure are worth it and I'm not sure how good the PS1 and PS2 catalogues are.

35 minutes ago, Clipper said:

CHoosing between Premium and Extra - is there an easy way to tell on the lists which of the games are PS1 or PS2 or PS3 - Im not keen on streaming without a download option.

The other premium benefits I am not sure are worth it and I'm not sure how good the PS1 and PS2 catalogues are.

If you go to the PlayStation Plus menu you should see “Latest”, “Benefits”, “Collections”, “Games”, up at the top of the screen. Select “Games” and you can then filter by platform but only on that specific menu. It doesn’t allow you to filter for PSOne or PS2 though, just PS3/4/5. So not sure that’s much help.

Other problem is that before you sign up or upgrade it pretty much tells you nothing and actually implies that loads of stuff is stream only when it’s actually also downloadable. The other stuff you’d expect to be downloadable is just stream only. It really is just one big mess.

The PS1 stuff is very thin on the ground but, what is there is great - Mr Driller, Kurushi, Ape Escape, Tekken 2, Everybody’s Golf, Wild Arms, Worms. That’s about it. PS2 is just the stuff that was on Now. Looks like all the PS2, PSOne stuff is downloadable.

Oh and one other thing I’ve now noticed, the PSone/PSP stuff is labelled PS4/PS5 when you’re browsing. Fuck’s sake! It’s not until you click on the thumbnail, scroll down and read the game’s description that you find out it’s a PSOne/PSP game. Niw having to scroll through 866 games looking for PS4/PS5 to check if there are anymore PSOne/PSP games I’ve missed. It’s like a game in its own right just finding stuff!

This seems to be all the PSOne/PSP stuff listed.....

Ape Escape

Toy Story 2

Everybody’s Golf

Jumping Flash

Kurushi 

Mr Driller

Odd World Abe’s Oddysee

Resident Evil Directors Cut

Super Stardust Portable

Tekken 2

Syphon filter 

Wild Arms

Worms World Party

Worms Armageddon

Echochrome

If old PS+ is now the Essential plan, has there been any mention of how many additional games will be added to the Premium plan and classics library per month?

The classics library is especially underwhelming, hoping to see it get some attention but I'm honestly expecting a dripfeed of shovelware.

2 hours ago, cubik said:

If old PS+ is now the Essential plan, has there been any mention of how many additional games will be added to the Premium plan and classics library per month?

The classics library is especially underwhelming, hoping to see it get some attention but I'm honestly expecting a dripfeed of shovelware.

It looks underwhelming but what’s there is great. I’ve put hrs and hrs into Kurushi already. Same for Ape Escape -  only 30% complete. Had a couple of hrs on Mr Driller. A round on Everybody’s Golf. Still not tried Tekken 2 or downloaded the others. They’ve pretty much kept me away from playing anything else including stuff on Gamepass. They’re all really good/great games.

I think realistically the best way of approaching the “Classic” titles is by releasing 2-4 per month, maybe 1-2 PS and 1-2 PS2. I read an article online the other day, that seemed to imply that’s what they’ll be doing. I can’t find it now though. Thinking back I’m struggling to think of that many games I’d want to see anyway. All I’m coming up with are Devil Dice and Ridge Racer. 

PS1 Classics please

Hermie Hopperhead

Einhander

Vandal Hearts

Suikoden

Parasite Eve

Vagrant Story

And just for me please Sony

Front Mission 1st, 2 & 3.

I’m absolutely fine with this initial small batch of PSOne and 2 games if each month they add some really considered additions that get people talking about some forgotten classics. 

If it’s just some random 6/10 shit because someone from an old videogame publisher replied to an email then yeah no thanks. 

23 hours ago, JoeK said:

I reiterate the same thing from somewhere else I posted it - 

Why is this sort of thing so fucking hard for companies do well?

I don't understand how/why these gaming portals are so fucking atrocious in the way they work. 

Clearly I'm missing something fundamental and I'm an idiot because everything they do seems to offend my eyes and hurt my brain in the ineptitude of the implementation. It's bonkers.

Because the people who design the service do not design the website.

Might be a dumb question or already one that has been asked, but I decided to upgrade to the extra tier as it was only 13 quid for the 6 months remaining on my Now subscription. 

I then clicked to download 2 games I already own & have installed Miles Morales and Unchartered Lost Legacy, as I wanted to test if I could just continue continue playing them, but when I click on the games it tells me to insert the disc to play. 

There are no active downloads of the games, so if I want to play a game I already own via the service do I have to unistall my original downloads & start again?  

So far this is working out well for me. Finished the Iki Island DLC for Ghost of Tsushima which was alright, am about to play RDR2 for the first time. Miles Morales is on the back-burner now, might return to it.

I hope the new Ratchet makes it to this service, I'd love to play that but not enough to pay full price for it.

7 minutes ago, df0 said:

I hope the new Ratchet makes it to this service, I'd love to play that but not enough to pay full price for it.

I picked up a copy on eBay last year for £28 so you don’t have to pay anywhere near full price. It must be a dead cert for PS Plus though. The only thing I’m really interested in is Returnal, that seems to be going for under £30 now so I’ll probably wait a few months to see what they add and then either upgrade to Extra or just buy it if the price drops further, which I think it’s bound to now.

As I'm sure many other will agree, Returnal is an absolutely amazing game, and well worth £30 of anyone's money.  Don't sleep on it.  I think that Extra is the sweet spot of the tiers for me, if you're just getting a PS5 then the selection is pretty great and it seems pretty likely to me that we'll eventually get most of the first-party games somewhere down the line.  Clearly aren't going to broadcast it while they can still sell them for £70 but Ratchet and Clank must be a shoe-in at some point, and maybe we'll even get Forbidden West once that's been out a year or so.

Arcadegeddon is a cooperative multiplayer game that provides a mix of PVE and PVP experiences that allows for all different speeds of play. As you continue to play you can take on additional challenges from the local “gangs” that hang out in Gilly's Arcade. These will earn you much more than street cred.

Jesus if their own blurb can’t make the game sound good what hope is there?? State of it.