IGNORED

PlayStation Plus Premium - Out Now

Sarlaccfood

@Kevvy Metal

I was more referring to the hideous DLC model for GT7, and I totally forgot about Days Gone. 

As for WFH and what not, sure it has impacted everything. All of us. But it does not stop the state it launching in, with graphical modes, both being rather unflattering, especially for their new-ish system. 

It is fixed now so all is well, but it felt rushed. 

Also, this new service has some great value on offer in places, but is seriously lackluster in others. 

They are just a shadow of where they were prior, at least that is how it feels to me personally. And that is not saying where they were even was good. It was just better than its competition. Microsoft is catching up real fast, has better hardware and hopefully (again likely COVID impacted) we will see loads of new stuff from them. 

They can do better, is better than saying they are doing worse. If that makes sense. 

4 minutes ago, SuperCapes said:

Also, this new service has some great value on offer in places, but is seriously lackluster in others.

I don't know what this means. You don't like it? You think it's average? You would think it's average but the GT7 DLC model means you think it's shit?

It's as confusing as the different territorial offerings of the service itself, but more impactful on me personally as I'll only subscribe to whatever is available here.

19 minutes ago, SuperCapes said:

I don't mind at all. With us being in Europe they will likely include the pal versions, because as far as I am aware they are the versions with multiple languages. Now that is totally understandable, however the option should be present to play NTSC and Pal versions. Other services offer this option. But that isn't what I was referring to as shocking and I should have elaborated. 

The really shocking thing is Sony have not even tried to hide their money > product/people lately, with this launching in a very poor state (terrible emulation especially...), their clear focus on live service as a model (GT7... Gross), and ofcourse the £70 price tags. 

Look at Horizon. Clearly not finished, bugs everywhere, but they still launched it. That would not have happened five years ago. It is only now in a complete state so to speak due to recent patches. This happens all the time sure, but not for their big first party bad lads. 

The company has changed, and this is coming from a primarily PlayStation user for the last 10 years. I flipping own every AAA game digitally... I practically bought one of the share holders a golden toilet seat! I just get a horrible taste in my mouth with where it is going. 

See where you might think many of those are issues I really do not, I imagine there are additional costs to creating a way that both the NTSC and PAL versions can be accessed that Sony have obviously decided the service doesn't warrant (remember that some of these have been on PS Now for years so they have some data to determine how likely and frequently some of these games are likely to be played). Having never really experienced many of the originals at 60Hz I can't comment on the differences and whether or not it's worth it

The price tags, I mean with inflation that doesn't seem all that surprising to me... Everything else has gone up in the world so why wouldn't video games?

Horizon, I played that on launch and yes it might have had some bugs but it was still very playable and enjoyable. If we compare it to the alternative options to Playstation and their games, we have Microsoft who have only released a handful of exclusive games in the past 10 years.... Whilst they may have been fairly well polished the quantity speaks for themselves.... You have also selected probably the worst of all the games that Sony have released and claimed that shows the state of Sony despite them having released and incredibly well polished Demons Souls game, a fun little game in Astrobot, Ratchet and clank, Returnal were all well polished and did not require all the additional patches (so comparitive to Microsoft's content). Just because one game required a bit of work after launch does not mean the company has turned about on it's heel and become the next Bethesda...

Note that I am not comparing to Nintendo because as much as I love their titles I don't see them as being the same when it comes to a like for like comparison.

I am also an avid PlayStation fan (in fact I have been since the original PS1 launch if we are bragging about length) and to me yes the company has changed (I mean every company has had to the last 20-30 years or it likely hasn't survived). But not quite in the same vain that you are suggesting, in that they are sinking / self imploding.

And if that's how you feel, well there are alternatives (but personally, despite enjoying game pass I do not see how you will get any of the same experiences with an XBOX).

12 minutes ago, SuperCapes said:

@Kevvy Metal

I was more referring to the hideous DLC model for GT7, and I totally forgot about Days Gone. 

As for WFH and what not, sure it has impacted everything. All of us. But it does not stop the state it launching in, with graphical modes, both being rather unflattering, especially for their new-ish system. 

It is fixed now so all is well, but it felt rushed. 

They are just a shadow of where they were prior, at least that is how it feels to me personally. And that is not saying where they were even was good. It was just better than its competition. Microsoft is catching up real fast, has better hardware and hopefully (again likely COVID impacted) we will see loads of new stuff from them. 

They can do better, is better than saying they are doing worse. If that makes sense. 

Even, to me, this new service absoutely doesn't feel like a "move to counter" gamepass at all. It just feels like a PlayStation Now rebranding, and I guess a welcome one. The service stuff doesn't really interest me as it's not really any different. The PS1/PS2 game being 50hz does not surprise me, and I wouldn't touch 50hz content with a barge-pole. I have a MiSter for PS1 games.

But anyways, I really feel like PlayStation aren't really any different and that's all fine with me. 

10 minutes ago, SuperCapes said:

Microsoft is catching up real fast, has better hardware and hopefully (again likely COVID impacted) we will see loads of new stuff from them. 

Not meaning to turn this into a this console developer is better than that one but are they? I feel like this conversation has been had on here multiple times but, yes Microsoft has better hardware but thus far we haven't really seen much content that is better than Sony's.... The quantity of games has been lacklustre and in all fairness aside from the Forza games (which racing isn't typically my scene) & flight sim they haven't released anything of real note... Halo hasn't yet achieved the heights it should / could have and the best titles on xbox currently are from the last gen.

They may have new stuff coming up but it could still be years off.... We also are yet to see the implications that Covid had on these games outside of delays either, it's easy to say Microsoft are catching up but thus far we have little content from them from which to compare.

7 minutes ago, Luseth said:

Not meaning to turn this into a this console developer is better than that one but are they? I feel like this conversation has been had on here multiple times but, yes Microsoft has better hardware but thus far we haven't really seen much content that is better than Sony's.... The quantity of games has been lacklustre and in all fairness aside from the Forza games (which racing isn't typically my scene) & flight sim they haven't released anything of real note... Halo hasn't yet achieved the heights it should / could have and the best titles on xbox currently are from the last gen.

That's the thing isn't it. To some the obvious answer is no. And to others the obvious answer is yes.

As always it's the games that do the talking and the only games that talk to an individual are those of interest. The equation is unique for all. For me I can accept the power of Sony's first party output but the majority of it holds no sway. Those that do interest (Astro, Ratchet, Sackboy, and GT7 for me) are then up against Game Pass (and for GT7 there is FH and FM at some point to scratch that itch).

The quantity of games (to me) on XBox is huge. Because I value being able to dabble over completing anything I love Game Pass. And importantly I don't care about exclusivity or MS first part specifically. I don't mind if all of Game Pass is third party and cross platform.

@Luseth I am exaggerating when saying sinking, but it certainly has not evolved or tried to make itself more attractive. That isn't super important, but as a consumer I like to know they are at least trying. Recently it feels less like trying to be competitive/generous, and more just trying to appease a bunch of rich people at the top. It is a business after all, so maybe I am just being daft. I just have fond memories of the last days of PS4 into the start of PS4. Was incredible. 

My preference changes all the time with consoles, I was PS1 to GC, Then 360 and now PlayStation again, and the reason for that, is because I felt the system I was invested in was the best place to play games. I still use my PS5 as my primary. It's in the living room to my wife's utter disgust. I just guess I don't feel they are trying as hard as they did. Similar to the start of the PS3 era. 

@Pelekophoros The Deluxe tier is good, especially for those new to the PS5. Returnal and what not included is banging. 

The premium tier is a joke. PS3 streaming and 10 downloadable classics. There is definitely room for improvement here. 

That's my issue with it. I was talking about it more personally and as always made it seem more like fact ha. For some deluxe especially offers incredible value for sure. 

TLDR. I just don't like how Sony feels at the minute, but it really doesn't matter. I still drive my PS5 daily, and can't wait for GOW and what not. 

Probably salty due to Bloodborne not being treated to 4k 60fps, and I want Alundra on the system now god damnit. 

I'm kinda bummed at how shite they're being at the back compat stuff. They're complicating it too much in some regards, and not being thorough enough in others.

At least they're starting to actually address it, and hopefully they get better at it as time goes on.

It’s a solid foundation value-wise with enough there for most to dip into and keep busy but the real test is the curation going forward. Developing relationships with indie devs and pulling up some interesting retro stuff is what would get me subscribing. 

3 hours ago, bradigor said:

I swear I saw a brief clip that showed Kurushi. Can anyone tell me if it was 

Kurushi Final (PSX)

or

I.Q Mania (PSP)

So far, all Kurushi/I.Q. I’ve seen demonstrated has been from the PS1 games. 

Isn’t a huge amount on the US Extra list that appeals but seeing Stray is included makes it tempting to upgrade to that level for six months in the hope more of that ilk appears.

16 hours ago, Luseth said:

Having never really experienced many of the originals at 60Hz I can't comment on the differences and whether or not it's worth it

Needs reiterating that you’re not playing the games at 50 Hz either. You’re playing a game that’s rendering at 50 Hz but displayed on a 60 Hz video output. It’s not entirely clear how it’ll handle that but it’s not by speeding up the game to the higher refresh rate: the PlayStation Classic did it by duplicating frames and essentially making the game’s speed ramp up and down several times per second.

Got the email today confirming that my 2 months of now + whatever I have left on Plus has been converted. I think. It’s v confusing. Also many many asterisks.

Spoiler

Hi mikeylrocks

Just a reminder, the new PlayStation Plus arrives on 23 June, and your subscription will be transitioned into the new service.

All of your current PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now benefits will become part of the new PlayStation Plus service*****, and you’ll also get some new membership perks. All the details are here

Your new membership
Your memberships will automatically migrate into a single PlayStation Plus Premiumplan unless you let one or both of them expire before 23 June.

You will keep any stacked subscription time you’ve already paid for and continue to enjoy access to the same membership benefits***** until your membership expires, unless you make changes to your subscription settings.

When the new service launches, you will pay one recurring subscription fee, instead of two. To give you the maximum amount of time, the payment date will be based on whichever of your current subscriptions has the later payment date. The cost of your membership will not increase when the new service launches*, unless you choose to make any changes to your subscription plan.

Your benefits
Your PlayStation Plus Premium plan provides all the benefits from the PlayStation Plus Essential and Extra plans, including:

Monthly downloadable games

Exclusive discounts and content

Cloud storage for saved games

Online multiplayer access

Share Play

Game Help (PS5 only)

The PlayStation Plus Collection (PS5 only) 

Access to the Game Catalogue**, which contains up to 400 PS4 and PS5 games to download, including:

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla

Red Dead Redemption 2

Demon’s Souls

NBA 2K22

Marvel’s Spider-Man

Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales

You also get the following PlayStation Plus Premium benefits:Up to 340** additional games in the Classics Catalogue:Play selected PS3 games via cloud streaming**, including:

Rain

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2

Enjoy games from the original PlayStation, PS2 and PSP generations – select titles available to both stream*** and download – including:

Tekken 2

Jak 3

Borderlands The Handsome Collection

Cloud streaming*** access to most PS4 titles in the Game Catalogue*

Time-limited game trials for selected new titles including:

Horizon Forbidden West

Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection

Tiny Tina’s Wonderland 

Pricing: £13.49 every month / £39.99 every 3 months / £99.99 every 12 months.

NOTE: Cloud streaming is offered in countries where PlayStation Now is currently available, plus 11 new countries.**** PlayStation Plus Premium members can stream games using PS4 and PS5 consoles, and PC.*****

Had an email today about this. I bought a 3 month Now sub that would run out at the end of June specifically to see if it would convert some or all of my Playstation Plus (subbed 'til mid October '24) to Premium Plus. Seems the email is saying it'll all be converted to Plus...unless I'm reading it wrong.

820730820_Screenshot2022-06-16at04_46_01pm.thumb.png.c6a504074ab11e5958c75f9d6f3c5021.png

I think that mail is only being sent to those with both a PSPlus and PSNow subscription.

It's clear as mud, but it's basically saying you're on the top tier until the last of your stacked subscription dates runs out.

For instance, I have PS Now until the end of June, but I have PSPlus stacked until July 2024, so I'm going to be on the new top tier until July 2024.

Mine says that i will be switched to premium but as I have auto renewal off for PlayStation Now i will be downgraded when my plus sub runs out in Jan 2023 - Given this is Sony it took about 5 reads and 3 lawyers to work out what it all means but think Ive worked it out…

Got it too

Just a reminder, the new PlayStation Plus arrives on 23 June, and your subscription will be transitioned into the new service.

All of your current PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now benefits will become part of the new PlayStation Plus service*****, and you’ll also get some new membership perks. All the details are here

Your new membership
Your memberships will automatically migrate into a single PlayStation Plus Premium plan unless you let one or both of them expire before 23 June.

You will keep any stacked subscription time you’ve already paid for and continue to enjoy access to the same membership benefits***** until your membership expires, unless you make changes to your subscription settings.

When the new service launches, you will pay one recurring subscription fee, instead of two. To give you the maximum amount of time, the payment date will be based on whichever of your current subscriptions has the later payment date. The cost of your membership will not increase when the new service launches*, unless you choose to make any changes to your subscription plan.

I have PS Now which expires March 23 and Ps Plus which expires July 25. This means I'll have Ps plus premium whatevs until July 25

• Sarlaccfood changed the title to PlayStation Plus Premium - Launching 23rd June (Out now in Japan and N. America)
On 16/06/2022 at 17:04, MansizeRooster said:

I think that mail is only being sent to those with both a PSPlus and PSNow subscription.

And me, who has neither as PS+ expired last month.

But then, all my PS+ emails come addressed to someone with a different name to me and I’ve had, but not paid for, PS+ for about 6 years.

• Sarlaccfood changed the title to PlayStation Plus Premium - Out Now