IGNORED

PlayStation Plus Premium - Out Now

Sarlaccfood

The PT demo downloads automatically for anyone who signs up for PS Plus Premium; it can’t be deleted and sometimes launches itself without user input (especially at 3am when the system is off and everyone’s asleep).

All the MGS games are removed from all Playstation services to ensure the Bluepoint remasters (to be announced at E3 - or similar) get maximum profit. 

Spoiler

PLEASE! 

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/05/16/all-new-playstation-plus-game-lineup-assassins-creed-valhalla-demons-souls-ghost-of-tsushima-directors-cut-nba-2k22-and-more-join-the-service/

Big drop of info.

I love the way this:

*** This title is available to PlayStation Plus Extra members as part of Ubisoft+ Classics. Access to Ubisoft+ Classics games is a benefit for PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium members.

is included in the notes at the end.  You would've thought that the inclusion of Ubisoft + Classics (presumably a stripped down version of Ubi + that doesn't include the new games day and date) would've got a bit more fanfare.  It may be similar to how Gamepass has EA Play?

37 minutes ago, Cyhwuhx said:

Thank fuck for being able to access already bought content.

I genuinely expect them to clarify that this is a mistake. Just completely un-Sony behaviour.

48 minutes ago, Flub said:

Everybody's golf is on the list of titles. Didn't they just shut down the servers for that?

Yes, that is both true and incredibly annoying. (The servers are being shut down on Sept 30th.)

5 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Is the entire list of PS3 or will more be revealed?

The Blog post that people are repackaging says it's “an early look at the selection of original PS3 games available”. That certainly suggests it's incomplete, or at least will expand over time. Also they previously announced the Premium tier would have “up to 340” classic games, which is an odd way to phrase it but would suggest we're currently seeing a fraction of the launch line up.

Presumably everything included in the new version of Plus requires renegotiation. I'm guessing there might also be regional differences given how messy publishing/distribution rights used to be. In other words, I'm expecting the expanding of the classic games library in particular to be a process.

Another footnote in the Blog post was that the Extra and Premium tiers will include Ubisoft+ Classics, which is a subset of a subscription that hasn't launched on consoles yet but effectively means those on the new Plus tiers will also have access to a bunch of older Ubisoft games.

4 minutes ago, Ferine said:

The Blog post that people are repackaging says it's “an early look at the selection of original PS3 games available”. That certainly suggests it's incomplete, or at least will expand over time. Also they previously announced the Premium tier would have “up to 340” classic games, which is an odd way to phrase it but would suggest we're currently seeing a fraction of the launch line up.

I'm betting this is pretty much the entire lineup with anything else being dependent on deals being made. It's textbook big corp.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Is there a way of seeing which retro titles I bought on PS3? Transaction history in my PSN account doesn't go back far enough for some reason

Are you seriously suggesting sorting and filtering options in the games library?

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Cyhwuhx said:

Are you seriously suggesting sorting and filtering options in the games library?

giphy.gif

So my best bet is waiting until the service launches and seeing which titles pop up?

I recall buying Suikoden 1 digitally I think. Can't recall the rest

Just now, Mr. Gerbik said:

So my best bet is waiting until the service launches and seeing which titles pop up?

I recall buying Suikoden 1 digitally I think. Can't recall the rest

Basically. The games library still sorts itself anew every time one or more titles get updated due to subs, sales, or whatnot. It's a horrid mess of trying to discover what you do have. I recall there being a bookmark/JS script that would allow you to sort stuff client side, but I think it died when the new Store got launched during the PS5's start.

I had a big birthday at the weekend so I'm worried this may simply be an effect of age-related brain decay, but is anyone else finding what is and isn't included really confusing? I've read those Ubisoft sentences about four times and still don't get it. Why can I only play some games for three hours? Are 'deluxe' and 'premium' tiers the same thing? Why is access to stuff I own being touted as a feature? Please nurse, I've had enough now and want to go home. 

4 minutes ago, Jolly said:

I had a big birthday at the weekend so I'm worried this may simply be an effect of age-related brain decay, but is anyone else finding what is and isn't included really confusing? I've read those Ubisoft sentences about four times and still don't get it. Why can I only play some games for three hours? Are 'deluxe' and 'premium' tiers the same thing? Why is access to stuff I own being touted as a feature? Please nurse, I've had enough now and want to go home. 

Just get an Xbox and Game Pass, and live the easy life. 

6 minutes ago, Jolly said:

I've read those Ubisoft sentences about four times and still don't get it.

Ubisoft will be launching a new subscription service on Playstation. You get access to it as part of the PS+ Extra and PS+ Deluxe/Premium. It's like the EA subscription service being included in XBGP, but available separately if you want it.

Why can I only play some games for three hours?

They're demos, a new feature being implemented as part of the Deluxe/Premium plan.

Are 'deluxe' and 'premium' tiers the same thing?

Almost. They're the same tier, but one is for territories where streaming is not available. Do you live in a territory where streaming is available? Don't sweat it.

Why is access to stuff I own being touted as a feature?

There was a lot of fuss in this very thread about people wanting to be able to play any old game they purchased on their PS5 without having to take out a subscription to access it. Sony have said they have delivered this - a degree of BC without scalping people.

5 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Just get an Xbox and Game Pass, and live the easy life. 

But that features secondary subscriptions (EA), different tiers of sub and BC so they'll have the same problems there.

32 minutes ago, Jolly said:

Totally forgot to say happy birthday! And I really shouldn't forget!

8 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Wut?

The confusion appears to be around words related to:

• Sony having Ubisoft on there as a secondary subscription, which is included in the higher tiers
  • Sony having different tiers of subs
  • Sony saying their new BC titles will be available to play regardless of subscription if already purchased

All of those things exist on XBGP.

• Sarlaccfood changed the title to PlayStation Plus Premium - Out Now