Forza Horizon 5 TT - Road Playa Azul Circuit

Boozy The Clown

On 15/02/2022 at 10:13, Eric said:

I'm not sure I want to watch that 😂

Seriously though, cheers Meatball for providing some target times to aim for, I've really enjoyed (unsuccessfully in most cases) chasing them down! 

If you have the time I'd really appreciate a Tune amnesty to find out your S1 Puma tune and your A class Nissan Pulsar tune too as they are clearly very decent. They come in handy when I race with friends on a Friday night! 

The Pulsar is 290 1.7 RALLY V1 by SlowBakedPanda but I see he’s got a V2 now with share code 104 357 209. 

I had forgotten, but just looked and the Puma would appear have no applied tune, so is a pure Meatball special. And as I said I can’t tune for shit, so I’ll have just thrown some upgrade parts at it and hoped for the best. It seemingly turned out pretty good for getting me to current 83rd in world ^_^

I could save it as a tune and upload share it if you want?

But now I’m wondering if I could’ve done quicker still in a setup by someone who knows what they’re doing. 

Had a few goes at this, really like the track. Seems to be all about the car you use though and it’s upgrades/tuning. Tried racing against someone in the top 100 and their car leaves mine in the dust, yet on paper mine should be fast as fuck. So yeah, no idea what I’m on with!

Have to say, some of the top players on this are amazing. 00.00.01 secs to finish a lap! Mad skillz! Lol.

Not had much time to put in laps this week due to various storm related fun, but I managed to sneak past @Eric in S1 class.

Also there seems to be some sort of weird exploit on this track, the first 200+ times are all the same off-road vehicles. I set one as a rival to see what it was, and they just turn left through the town at one point, when I tried to follow them I got a message to return to the race track. Weird.

The fact that so many hundreds are willing to do it makes me despair for humanity.

2 hours ago, Anjin said:

Not had much time to put in laps this week due to various storm related fun, but I managed to sneak past @Eric in S1 class.

Also there seems to be some sort of weird exploit on this track, the first 200+ times are all the same off-road vehicles. I set one as a rival to see what it was, and they just turn left through the town at one point, when I tried to follow them I got a message to return to the race track. Weird.

The fact that so many hundreds are willing to do it makes me despair for humanity.

Posted about the leaderboards on the FH5 thread. They’re loaded with people cheating, which ruins the game, yet their times aren’t being deleted. 

Still not really getting the Time Trials on this though. Doesn’t seem to be much to do with fast racing lines, or driving that well but more to do with using the right car and upgrading to a certain spec. There can be some people in the same car as me, yet it’s twice as fast and I have no idea how they’ve managed that, as I’ve already upgraded the car to the max. Or a specific car, once upgraded can fly through corners with ease. How do you view your cars stats compared to your opponents and see which is better in each specific area?

Not sure what you mean by upgrading a car to the max, there are many different combinations of upgrades that you can apply that can give vastly different performance for the same PI level in a car. I just use pre-made ones. You can't  see what tunes other people are using.

For example you can put an incredibly powerful engine in an otherwise stock car and have it out-performed by a better balanced car with good tyres a weight reduction and good aero.

So, I’ve been using stock upgrades to get my car as powerful as it can be within its group - S1, S2 etc. Even though it’s maxed out for say speed and acceleration, there will be other people, that are using the exact same car, but their car will be twice as fast. In other races, a car that’s been upgraded to corner better might win out because of one specific corner on a track etc.

In other words the TT is not so much about racing well, as it is about adding upgrades and picking the right car to upgrade in the first place. It’s just not much fun when it comes down to that. Doing a Time Trial to find out someone’s car can turn better on one bend or is faster on one straight.......and the way to beat is by tinkering around with upgrades........or finding a new car that works better........and then have to add upgrades to that too in order to stay competitive.

Also, the stats might say a car is 10 speed and 10 acceleration.......but then it’s not as fast as a car with 7 speed and 7 acceleration. So how are you supposed to even know what car to use and how to upgrade it? Lol. It all just seems to be the polar opposite to the rest of the game which is very OTT arcadey style fun. 

You're best using the stats on the right rather than the infogram. The calculated speed is usually correct and the lateral G rating is useful to guage handling ability (higher number better turn in/less understeer). 

If I get chance tonight I'll try and get my time back off you @Anjin!! 

32 minutes ago, Eric said:

You're best using the stats on the right rather than the infogram. The calculated speed is usually correct and the G rating is useful to guage handling ability. 

If I get chance tonight I'll try and get my time back off you @Anjin!! 

I’ll check that out and see if it works better for me.

Are you in the MUK club? Not sure I’ve got your times to race against.

Unfortunately not, I was already in another group that I sometimes race online with and you can't join another unfortunately. If you want to add me I'm Yippeekiyey. 

Also if your struggling to find a tune, it's handy to follow some of the better tuners as it will throw theirs up first. Here's a googledocs list of some from a German YouTuber:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1F3xqy6yodUmnuua08YU-fet4KDDoIbaoNZRiZ9U8yxk/htmlview

On 21/02/2022 at 23:08, Eric said:

Unfortunately not, I was already in another group that I sometimes race online with and you can't join another unfortunately. If you want to add me I'm Yippeekiyey. 

Also if your struggling to find a tune, it's handy to follow some of the better tuners as it will throw theirs up first. Here's a googledocs list of some from a German YouTuber:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1F3xqy6yodUmnuua08YU-fet4KDDoIbaoNZRiZ9U8yxk/htmlview

Only just noticed your post. Cheers for the link, I’ll take a look at that. I don’t play online as my internet is really bad but like to do TT. I’ll add you next time I’m on the Xbox. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Can I be cheeky and suggest a new track? We haven't had one for a while and I really enjoy failing to beat @Eric and @Meatball

I'm suggesting Teotihuacan scramble. I've put some times on the board for classes D-A if anyone is interested!

Screenshot 2022-03-05 231643.jpg

9 hours ago, Anjin said:

Can I be cheeky and suggest a new track? We haven't had one for a while and I really enjoy failing to beat @Eric and @Meatball

I'm suggesting Teotihuacan scramble. I've put some times on the board for classes D-A if anyone is interested!

Screenshot 2022-03-05 231643.jpg

Thanks @Anjinafter a crazy week last week I'm looking forward to having a go at this. 

I'll mostly be listening to this as I drive my laps. 

Managed to sneak to the top of the leaderboards in a few categories, S1 is hard on this track, so many bumps means you get a lot of air in higher classes! Part of the reason for me picking this track was I really struggled with it in an online race in S1 class, so this is nice practice.

I've been away this week but should get some time tomorrow to get some times in.  From memory this is one of my favourite tracks on 5 so looking forward to it! 

Times in, apologies for getting them in so late this week but managed to sneak in at the top. Found it tough going in S1 and S2 too. As Anjin said there are so many points where a bad landing can ruin your lap. 

Thanks for organising Anjin! 

Well it's a bit easier when you've got a benchmark to aim for with no time left for anyone to respond 😂

They're all beatable with the right car, the S1 Lotus GT1 tune has about another 3 seconds in it going by the number of dirty laps I set! 

Found a nice Ford Capri C class tune too that I'll share when I'm next on. 

• 1 month later...

Any interest in reviving this? Nice short road circuit if anyone fancies posting some times. Cut off will be the next season so next Thursday when the game updates.

Screenshot 2022-04-14 214151.jpg