IGNORED

Annoying bits in videogames

FishyFish

On 04/12/2021 at 18:12, Fox said:

Bits where you have to follow an NPC, but their walking speed is somewhere between your walking speed and your running speed. 

that's actually the worst part of any videogame, and the best part about Ghost of Tsushima. If you're following them, they match your speed ahead of you even if you start sprinting.

So many lately, but one of the first was Lion King on PC back on DOS. Great first level or so, loved the idea of getting to be adult Simba eventually and swipe/fight things.

Then, the swinging on monkeys level happened. Countless hours/days/weeks spent trying to get past that bit. And I only recently in the past year found out why, because it turns out it was designed to be difficult and impassable for the average gamer like I was. 

And the reason? Because Di$ney had done market research on game rentals and if people got too far on that first day of renting, they wouldn't buy the game in full. The sneaky bar stewards.

I should be able to sue them for lost hours and stress in my youth. :angry:

EDIT: Yep. 

I don’t mind QTE’s but those bits where you press up on the stick to slowly crawl forward as you’re injured - like the end of Halo 5 or any call of duty game I can remember - and you can’t do anything else other than just move forward really annoy me.

There were bits in Guardians of the Galaxy where despite having free reign of movement in an area you were constrained to walking  and couldn’t boost or jump were pointlessly irritating, too.

9 hours ago, Girth Certificate said:

I've completely lost all tolerance for hallucinations, dream sequences and spooky flashbacks in games.

Even the 2-3 second flashes of Cortana in Halo 3 pissed me off recently. It's one of the reasons I haven't started FF7R yet.

It took me nearly a year to start FF7R after downloading it and I gave up after a couple of hours, I genuinely think it’s terrible. 

3 hours ago, Girth Certificate said:

I hate that all multiplayer games now make you spend 30 seconds or so watching a load of character models doing little poses or dance about like cunts before a match/race/whatever. It's so bitch-ass. If they add it to the next Mario Kart I'll be furious.

:D emotes I think they are called... What is worse is the fact you have to buy them in games like Fortnite. Kids love that stuff along with customisation etc. Even the new Halo game has stances which I'm guessing are ultimately going to be for sale including multicoloured armour etc etc. Modern gaming eh.... :)

Having played Man of Medan in the past few days, I have a burning hatred now for snail-like walking speeds. It does nothing to add tension or create an atmosphere, it just makes me angry (I read they have changed this in the later games.)

Can anybody think of a good reason to have such slow walking pace? 

21 hours ago, MattyP said:

:D emotes I think they are called... What is worse is the fact you have to buy them in games like Fortnite. Kids love that stuff along with customisation etc. Even the new Halo game has stances which I'm guessing are ultimately going to be for sale including multicoloured armour etc etc. Modern gaming eh.... :)

I think they’re available for sale already in certain packs which include a weapon skin, stance and logo or something.