Football kits 2022/23

Smoothy

So - today is 5 years to the day that we unveiled Ruben Neves and our new away kit at the same time.  A great day for the club.  Yesterday, they teased the new away kit - unveiling today - July 8th - at 8am.

As our marketing team cleverly announced the signing of Hwang Hee-Chan on the 26th of the month, the day of his 26th birthday (AND he's our number 26), rumours grew that our number 8 was going to unveil the new away kit on the 5th anniversary of his signing.  8am on the 8th.  Would make sense, right?

Nah.  Just the kit.

Here's our full squad modelling it.

image.png.eb19429b122639f907641bb3e7aae6ba.png

9261-872.jpg

West Ham away. Two for two on shit kits this season. Third to make it a trifecta? 

Thank god this is Umbro's last season. I'd take a Nike template kit over the shit they've 'designed' this season.

8dkmkx1alaa91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Looks a bit better here than in the leaked version. Not sure about the black Adidas stripes though.

The collar can also be worn like this

EV0kNay.jpg

18 hours ago, Loik V credern said:

Mehhh. Seems too easy to do gold and white and everyone swoon over it. That T logo is faaaar to big. I do like the number though. 

The gold Adidas logo and club crest at least make it look slightly different from the last time they used this kit in 19/20.

1475647046_real-madrid-19-20-home-kit(5).thumb.jpg.293f8ca43061a5cdbbc783a37a710abc.jpg

3 hours ago, spork said:

8dkmkx1alaa91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Looks a bit better here than in the leaked version. Not sure about the black Adidas stripes though.

The collar can also be worn like this

EV0kNay.jpg

Adidas / Man United are selling a Version of this shirt starting at £100. 🤨

The shirt sucks, the price really fucking sucks.

Are other Adidas clubs doing this or just Man United?
image.thumb.png.08fba09a41c5a9f62dd29f972cdec24a.png

@fatbob if it’s any consolation that’s how the market has moved.  

F494025B-60EA-464C-9DF1-AA6F13D06632.jpeg

Villa are asking £110 for the ‘pro’ version that the players will wear.  I think some of it is an attempt to make the £65 and £50 for the adult and kid replica shirts look more appealing.  It will be interesting to see how sales go this year. Man Utd have a lot of unhappy fans but that doesn’t change the fact that they have a lot of fans so I’m sure it will do just fine. Maybe not as much as last year when the club had just finished above Liverpool and signed Ronaldo but it should be within accepted fluctuations.  Villa have relatively happy fans but only because it’s less shit now that the decade from 2010-2020 was but the club need to kick on from “not being relegated” as an achievement. 

20 minutes ago, glb said:

Argentina’s World Cup shirt released. Personally I’d swap the black trim for blue, but not too shabby.

99672CF6-CBB1-4D5F-B172-3D178BF50BFF.jpeg

I'd go with the gold they use for the crest over blue/black but otherwise I adore the Argentinian kit. Wonderful colours and nearly always a classic.

5 minutes ago, Scruff said:

I'd go with the gold they use for the crest over blue/black but otherwise I adore the Argentinian kit. Wonderful colours and nearly always a classic.

Ooh, yes! Gold is a far better shout than blue, would look glorious. Agree, Argentina are consistently among the best shirts available.

On 08/07/2022 at 16:08, Mike1812 said:

Nike and Kappa both do it, I guess Adidas have decided to copy. 

It’s been a thing in the US for ages - they were doing it with NFL and NBA jerseys the first time I went over there, over 25 years ago, I think - so I suppose it was only a matter of time before they tried it here.

I really like our new away, like you say not a template kit and looks good on. Well, on the players at least. I’ll look like a beanbag trying to escape vacuum-sealed bag in it.

Looks like one of those optical illusion pictures you get where the lines look to be moving or are all wavy etc, maybe a ploy to try and distract and startle the opposition. 

Wondering what is going to come first - Leicester signing someone or Leicester releasing this season's away shirt. Shouldn't be that excited about the latter, Adidas have been a really disappointing kit manufacturer for us. 

10 minutes ago, BabelRich said:

Liverpool top looks like an intro to a pirated Amiga game. Get rid of the sponsor and put ‘Cracked by Fairlight’ on the front. 

fUntitled-1.thumb.jpg.cab7b95910b783a1eb4e10ce8d250839.jpg

2 hours ago, Windowlicker said:

Sadly, the back is 3/4 plain white to allow the name and number to 'stand out', ruining the whole shirt.

Yeah, was the same with the Spurs watercolour shirt last season.  Premier League rules, apparently.

7 hours ago, Stopharage said:

Wondering what is going to come first - Leicester signing someone or Leicester releasing this season's away shirt. Shouldn't be that excited about the latter, Adidas have been a really disappointing kit manufacturer for us. 

Leeds haven't shown us any yet! 

On 12/07/2022 at 14:03, Stopharage said: