IGNORED

Football kits 2022/23

Smoothy

12 hours ago, neoELITE said:

Our away kit was announced yesterday. Good grief!

EC064AF7-FF70-4279-9E2D-127916A433E0.thumb.jpeg.31cc707e560b1deba69760dddbb4aefc.jpeg

I quite like it, but I don't understand how they get away with using literally the same colours as the home kit, arranged differently. Like, it's fairly green.

Best Norwich effort in many a year. Shame Lotus have moved away from their traditional logo like was on last year's shirt - but I'll take that over a betting company every day of the week.

On 26/06/2022 at 10:31, elmo said:

Miiiiiiii…

72D36902-C49A-4230-9F1C-E2AF2E509249.thumb.jpeg.0db576f4e76b06b8969e75e82f3c16cf.jpeg

I like the shirt but the sponsor raises many questions… Is it chocolate for a Huski, Chocolate made from huskies or my original thought are they purveyors of Huski poo!?!?!

10 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

I like the shirt but the sponsor raises many questions… Is it chocolate for a Huski, Chocolate made from huskies or my original thought are they purveyors of Huski poo!?!?!

no I believe it’s some sort of money laundering business.

they also sponsor F1 cars and claim to sell a drink but I’ve never seen it in the shops

who was that other energy drink lot who sponsored F1 and stole their logo from a bicycle company? Rich Energy, that's the one. Are these related or copying the 'business model'?

14 hours ago, elmo said:

no I believe it’s some sort of money laundering business.

they also sponsor F1 cars and claim to sell a drink but I’ve never seen it in the shops

Weird how these things happen but im watching some Indy car and blow me but Marcus ‘Indy 500 winner’ Ericsson has Huski Chocolate sponsor on his fire suit!

Celtic home kit is a bit weird (as weird as you can get with a Celtic kit anyway).

the Adidas stripes are silver for no apparent reason? Random shiny triangles, far too many shades of green, hooped socks that don't match the pattern or shade of the shirt. The green hoops are noticeably thicker than the white ones. I think one of those features would be good but all of them? It's too busy. Looks a bit better in the sponsorless version.

2 hours ago, glb said:

It’s pretty impressive being able to fuck up the design of one of the most recognisable shirts in football.

It happens quite a bit - it's such a simple and recognisable shirt that designers get bored and try to find ways to reinvent it even though there's little room to be creative. Very rarely works.

It's not the worst version of it mind you, New Balance put out some absolute stinkers.

One of my favourites is still this one from ten years ago. Loads more hoops than usual (calling back to how the shirt looked when we first switched to hoops from stripes at the start of the 20th century). No annoying fiddly details. Tasteful size and position of sponsor. Looked fantastic on TV. Classic.

glasgow-celtic-home-football-shirt-2012-13-nike.jpg

That’s a beauty. Feel that iconic kits like Celtic’s should be as simple and traditional as possible. Away or 3rd kits can be a bit wackier.

Actually, 3rd kits should be open to supporters to design, and have a local community/charity sponsor.

Not a bad way to reveal an away shirt...

spacer.png

(Some sort of anniversary of our original kit or some shit. Last worn in 2014, a hell of a season - prime Deeney, Vydra, Forestieri, Abdi, Gomes, Ighalo ... What a team.)

On 03/07/2022 at 00:39, deerokus said:

It happens quite a bit - it's such a simple and recognisable shirt that designers get bored and try to find ways to reinvent it even though there's little room to be creative. Very rarely works.

It's not the worst version of it mind you, New Balance put out some absolute stinkers.

One of my favourites is still this one from ten years ago. Loads more hoops than usual (calling back to how the shirt looked when we first switched to hoops from stripes at the start of the 20th century). No annoying fiddly details. Tasteful size and position of sponsor. Looked fantastic on TV. Classic.

glasgow-celtic-home-football-shirt-2012-13-nike.jpg

Love that sponsor placement. Motherwell have done the same with their away kit which is just a slightly iffy collar away from being one of my favourites for this year

spacer.png

24 minutes ago, wullie said:

Love that sponsor placement. Motherwell have done the same with their away kit which is just a slightly iffy collar away from being one of my favourites for this year

spacer.png

Motherwell? Yeah, she's been to Rome.

(lovely kit)

1 hour ago, wullie said:

spacer.png

Yeah that's a cracker.

14 hours ago, Naysonymous said:

I hope Watford get Newcastle in the cup and insist on wearing that shirt. 

The Newcastle owners would probably be delighted to have an excuse to field the Saudi third kit.