IGNORED

MultiVersus - Warner's Smash Bros. F2P!

Hexx

This roster is looking better and better. Ted Lasso 😂

Hello again everyone. I’m back with some new Multiversus leaks. You may recall that I’m the person who originally leaked the game (you can check my post history). I said I’d be back closer to release with more information so I’ll share some new information now.

Just a note: The datamined characters are mostly accurate so I won’t be elaborating on them much. Particularly these characters below I know are mostly finished

Joker - DC

Raven - DC

Gizmo - Gremlins

Marvin the Martian - Looney Tunes

Lebron James - NBA

Rick - Rick and Morty

Morty - Rick and Morty

Scooby-Doo - Scooby-Doo

Daenerys - Game of Thrones

The Hound - Game of Thrones

Wicked Witch - The Wizard of Oz

Godzilla - Godzilla

I know more have been datamined by players but I can only confirm the above as of right now.

You may recall I leaked a few more characters in my initial post as well. Most of these are still coming including

Johnny Bravo - Johnny Bravo (he was in the initial pitch and had work done. He will come eventually) Fred Flinstone - Flinstones

Mad Max is on hold last I heard. Not sure if it was an IP related issue. Same with Harry Potter who is definitely on hold (not sure if any development was ever even done).

Here’s a few more characters I can confirm that are very likely to be coming:

Samurai Jack - Samurai Jack

The Powerpuff Girls - Powerpuff Girls (all one Fighter)

The Animaniacs - The Animaniacs (also all one fighter as far as I’m aware)

Duck Dodgers/Daffy - Looney Tunes

Scorpion - Mortal Kombat

Ben 10 - Ben 10

Ted Lasso - Ted Lasso

That’s all for now. Will hold off on more info until I feel comfortable.

• 1 month later...

Anyone been playing this over the last twenty four hours?

They've nerfed and played around with some of the characters but it's still great fun! 

My only gripe is the people that persist in throwing themselves off ledges when your only one round down. 

I’ve had some great comebacks from being three down. 

Edited by Arn X Treme

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

I think it's only accessible with the founders packs isn't it?

Oh is it? I was in the test last time so maybe it’s that. 

There are twitch drops so maybe it’s for access. 

On 14/07/2022 at 18:59, Qazimod said:

Open beta on the 26th; early access on the 19th.

Reminder to keep an eye out for this going live. 5pm BST, all platforms, cross-play.

VGC

Gonna give this a go once its live, without even trying it I want to test out Velma, Taz and The Iron Giant, can see Rik being a bit over used 

On 22/05/2022 at 14:33, Mr. Gerbik said:

Die And Retry sounds like a game Suda would make.

But my current favourite die-and-retry is Buddhism.

Eh, it has its moments, but the levels are WAY too long.

13 hours ago, MattKB said:

I think it’s excellent so far. Taz has already been nerfed but haven’t come across anyone playing as him yet. 

I've not been on it for a couple of days, so he must have been nerfed hard because he seemed to be the other go to (After HQ).

Wonder if they've finally finished the match making too, as it was getting a bit shoddy pitching level 1 characters against double teams of over level 20.

Taz did seem a bit OP but his tornado didn't do that much damage. If anything his other attacks seemed a bit week.

Liking Bugs , currently my main but I wish some of his attacks where more powerful.

I think I need to go back through the tutorials though. Its pretty addicting with the daily challenges.

Played this for a bit last night, it's Smash Bros if games were made by corporate accountants rather than people who like fun.

I mean it's fine as a free-to-play thing I guess but it's massively lacking in comparison to its inspiration. 17 characters and even then I only recognise about half of them. A tiny handful of stages. None of the crazy items that make Smash so unpredictable. Everything's just a bit too floaty and the movesets don't really feel intuitive.

I guess it's technically still early access so hopefully it'll get some more content pretty quickly.

One thing I did like is that local multiplayer games (if you can work out how to access them in the confusing-as-shit menus) give you access to all the characters and stages immediately, none of the four-character rotation stuff going on there. So if you're playing locally then it feels like you get a lot more to play with without being constantly encouraged to put your hand in your wallet.

I dunno, it could do with more stages but I think given all the variety in character move sets there’s more than enough to be learning to start with. 

I actually like the lack of items as I felt like item overload in Smash. I also really like the rematch option which turns it into a best of 3. 

Had a great final battle earlier vs Stephen Universe. 

https://youtu.be/cscXqczB2Kc

• 2 weeks later...

This is getting pushed hard on the EVO stream - it worked on me as I have installed it (on my sub account) to give it a try later.

Is there a PS5 specific version? I am at the PS4 so can’t see anything but that one.

Well that was short lived. It gets stuck in a loop after the title screen says ‘press any button’ as it claims I’ve lost my internet connection and attempts to reconnect over and over.

…and deleted.

It never worked, although I tried semi-regularly in case it was launch period struggles - I read some anecdotal stuff about being able to log in if you gave your PlayStation a fixed IP address but I was not interested enough to start messing with my network for a F2P game.

oh well.

• 1 month later...

I like this but it's so choppy online PS4, gonna install it on PC and see if that improves things 

It's actually clicked with me which is really something - but as mentioned; online is rough.

I’ve not had a problem with online issues, but there’s just no fun to be had here. It’s like someone watched Smash to copy it rather than played Smash to copy it.