IGNORED

MultiVersus - Warner's Smash Bros. F2P!

Hexx

MultiVersus is a brand-new, free-to-play platform fighter that lets you team up with or against your friends using some of the world's most iconic characters including Batman, Shaggy, Superman, Bugs Bunny & more. Use unique co-op abilities, find your favorite fighter combos, and save the Multiverse!

I do like the look of this (although apparently it's not on the Switch, which would have been nice with the cross progression). 

However, the gameplay.. kinda looks choppy and a little slow at times?

This looks way better than the nickelodeon game, i mean it has voice acting for a start.

3 minutes ago, Sixkiller said:

So are they holding back the Gandalf reveal, or did the Tolkien estate / whoever controls the IP get wind of the plans to have him fighting Batman and Scooby Do, and put their foot down?

Surely they must have already approved gandalf before working on the character. Imagine he Is dlc or a future character.

• 6 months later...

It’s the Alpha for this now. Did anyone manage to get a code? You can share three codes with friends. I didn’t manage to get in so far, didn’t realise I’d received an invite email until yesterday :( 

1 hour ago, Dan said:

It’s the Alpha for this now. Did anyone manage to get a code? You can share three codes with friends. I didn’t manage to get in so far, didn’t realise I’d received an invite email until yesterday :( 

Only signed up earlier. Could have sworn I already did months ago though.

Hopefully they start releasing more  codes soon ( I'm on pc) as from what I've seen it does look pretty good with some original ideas to not directly compare to smash.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

I got in earlier and have a couple of codes spare if anyone wanted one.

2 hours ago, Windowlicker said:

I got in earlier and have a couple of codes spare if anyone wanted one.

I’d love one, if you’ve still got any? :) 

I have to admit, I'm really enjoying what I've played so far. 

I've not played a lot of smash bros since the wii u, but this is hitting the spot nicely for me.

A good selection of characters from the geekdom I can get behind and when it comes out it's going to be totally free you can't argue with that!

2 hours ago, Arn X Treme said:

I have to admit, I'm really enjoying what I've played so far. 

I've not played a lot of smash bros since the wii u, but this is hitting the spot nicely for me.

A good selection of characters from the geekdom I can get behind and when it comes out it's going to be totally free you can't argue with that!

It feels like Fortnite x Smash. I’m doing pretty well after 4 games. I feel like I’m mashing buttons a little, but that’s the case for me often with Smash 😂 Im going to spend some time in the tutorials now, which seem really good.  Combat seems pretty deep. 

No problems at all with lag etc.  All 4 of my matches have been flawless. 

I think this could be something special, though I bounce off Smash every time as I’ve usually not got the gaming time to get good.

This does have characters that can provide support to team mates, so it may add an Overwatch vibe of helping out when you’re not pulling off mega combos. 

Maybe they might add Hodor from GoT? He’d be like Rheinhart, letting Shaggy lob his Sarnies whilst he’s protected! So much potential! 

I've seen this game mentioned a lot, people seem enthusiastic about it. I was curious about the character roster, abd looking it up I discovered that I'm fucking old - I'm not familiar with half the characters :lol:

Edit: Finn? Jake? Garnet? Reindog? Steven Universe? Dad has no idea but he does know Superman and Shaggy!

Finn & Jake are from Adventure Time and you need to watch it! I can't recommend it enough. 

Garnet and Steven are from Steven Universe, not had the pleasure but people think highly of it. 

Riendog is the only original character for the game so far. 

I'm mixing between Finn & Batman at the moment and Batman is really hard for me to  get to grips with outside of all the gadget gimmicks.

I tried Reindog a couple of times as that seems to be what everyone is maining but fuck me that is some confusing moveset. 

I love the audacity of the op video to talk about the "genre". It's a smash-clone mate.

This is way so many things become genres, once there is a bunch of equally good, competing clones that start doing there own thing. And it's better for everyone that it happens, but come on.

People have been calling platform fighters platform fighters for a while now. This is the not the first game to take the concept. At some point, it makes more sense to change the label. Else we'd still be calling first person shooters Doom clones.

22 hours ago, Darhkwing said:

So how can I actually play this?

I get this - which looks like I can access the BETA but no download link?

image.thumb.png.45bb3ae7b963b64f9a16db12d450cebe.png

You’ll need an invite with a code.