IGNORED

Halo Infinite online: gamertags, organisation, clips, war stories etc

Benny

We're normally/sometimes missing 1-2 people for 4's. If you're playing and want to start playing in a group, add my GT, ReynoldsM and send me a message letting me know you're from the forum. All skill levels welcome. 

I'm also about in the day a lot at the moment and with ranked it's almost always the more the merrier over rando's. I would rather go into a duo queue in a party than on my own for example. Would prefer people that can jump in party chat, don't have to speak every second but be able to listen and contribute over time. 

Forgot to mention, you will need to add me as a friend before you can send me a message. I have privacy settings set to friends only. 

2 hours ago, Varsity said:

We're normally/sometimes missing 1-2 people for 4's. If you're playing and want to start playing in a group, add my GT, ReynoldsM and send me a message letting me know you're from the forum. All skill levels welcome. 

I'm also about in the day a lot at the moment and with ranked it's almost always the more the merrier over rando's. I would rather go into a duo queue in a party than on my own for example. Would prefer people that can jump in party chat, don't have to speak every second but be able to listen and contribute over time. 

Forgot to mention, you will need to add me as a friend before you can send me a message. I have privacy settings set to friends only. 

What times do you chaps play?

5 hours ago, Oz said:

@Varsity

I normally get an hour or so around 3pm UK time while on Holiday. Then I am on from 930pm. I will ping you if I see you are still up.

Cool look forward to it. 

5 hours ago, Boothjan said:

If I'm on, its normally after 10pm. Always happy to team up - this game is like crack.

Added ya ^^

Cracked yesterday and bought an Xbox for my halo fix today (guess I need to go buy some batteries wtf?). I think halo 3 was the last halo game I played properly on multiplayer so I'm looking forward to being absolutely useless.

Will be on all day today developing rsi and rage quitting so will try and add some names I recognise from the glory days of halo 2. Flip the switch etc.

changed my gamer tag from xicewolf to PMcCee as it's much less cringe and rolls off the tongue.

13 minutes ago, Pmccee said:

Cracked yesterday and bought an Xbox for my halo fix today (guess I need to go buy some batteries wtf?). I think halo 3 was the last halo game I played properly on multiplayer so I'm looking forward to being absolutely useless.

Will be on all day today developing rsi and rage quitting so will try and add some names I recognise from the glory days of halo 2. Flip the switch etc.

changed my gamer tag from xicewolf to PMcCee as it's much less cringe and rolls off the tongue.

Not selling me 😀

4 minutes ago, Oz said:

Not selling me 😀

Wasn't being entirely serious 😆

Is there a consensus for the best button layout on the controller? Used to play boxer setup but the melee feels more risky now than in halo2 so not sure if it's worthy of the L trigger. 

33 minutes ago, Pmccee said:

Wasn't being entirely serious 😆

Is there a consensus for the best button layout on the controller? Used to play boxer setup but the melee feels more risky now than in halo2 so not sure if it's worthy of the L trigger. 

Bumper Jumper is what a lot of people I play with use I believe. 

I remapped a lot of my buttons so have this bizarre custom setup so can't really advise too much. I would strongly recommend changing what the deadzones are set to by default though. If you do a quick YT search for HI contoller settings there's a few vids that will advise what to change. The default settings are truly awful in a few regards. 

Personally, I also changed enemy outlines to bright yellow, makes it a tonne easier to see over the default red imo. 

1 hour ago, Pmccee said:

Hey, Xice!

I had a horrible time with halo yesterday. I was playing terribly and ran into the worst behaviour. Higher ranking games appear to be a lot worse regarding this. Abuse over comms, rude messages, quitting.

One guy said: ‘are you going to come defend the ball? Nah? Fuck you then’ And quit. I was actually on my way back when he left the game. I just could not teleport back instantly like he wanted. I was out trying to find a flank because standing there waiting to be destroyed while holding the ball was not working.

The 15 seconds of fun I had is salvaged in this clip. And it might have made it worth it 😀

7 minutes ago, Oz said:

I had a horrible time with halo yesterday. I was playing terribly and ran into the worst behaviour. Higher ranking games appear to be a lot worse regarding this. Abuse over comms, rude messages, quitting.

One guy said: ‘are you going to come defend the ball? Nah? Fuck you then’ And quit. I was actually on my way back when he left the game. I just could not teleport back instantly like he wanted. I was out trying to find a flank because standing there waiting to be destroyed while holding the ball was not working.

The 15 seconds of fun I had is salvaged in this clip. And it might have made it worth it 😀

That right there is why I have privacy settings on, then they can try and send me rage messages all I want, they won't go through. 

We did not have a good run yesterday afternoon either, lost way way more than we won, and had a couple of quitters too. Didn't find ranking up "too" bad for a while but around D5/6 level it really does yo-yo and I find it harder to perform well because sometimes the matchmaking just chucks you against people that are high onyx in that bracket. I'll get there though, trying to put at least a couple of hours in every day to keep the muscle memory up. 

Getting very close to sacking this off until 343 fix their broken matchmaking. I'm currently D2 in duo queue, and am consistently getting matched with people that are still unranked/low gold in my team while the enemy gets a full set of Diamond players. 

Was playing 4s yesterday and we were getting put against a full team of high Onyx players in some games, I'm always down for sweaty, down to the wire matches but it's becoming more and more a case of just getting rolled straight out of the gate and then getting penalised heavily rank wise when we inevitably lose to a team that's way higher. On the flip side, when we do win, we get so little back in return, even if we perform well. Think I went 42-20 in one game and the bar barely shifted.

I want to stick with it cos I don't play many MP games at the moment and I want to practice and get better with time, but the way the matching works at the moment seems incredibly unfair...

Yeh I’ve struggled with this too. In both sides of this.

For example loosing ten impossible matches in a row where my rank only goes down by one point each. Then winning two matches that send me up 25 points each.

I was playing with two unranked players in the other team today and their one platinum player then quit in the first round of oddball. They had a horrible time. They also need higher penalties for quitting. I have had one player quit from one side in about 4 matches of the last 10. 

As a general rule of thumb  most ranked games try to keep your win rate around 50% to ensure you're constantly having a stream of matches that you could feasibly win or lose. Mine in this game is currently sat just below 35%...which is truly bonkers. 

I'm going to give it till new year and see what their plans are, if at the least the ridiculous number of issues isn't acknowledged or addressed, it's highly likely I'll be uninstalling it lol. Just a shame. 

My biggest bugbear is quitters. More than 50% of ranked games seem to be 3 v 4 in the other team's favour at the moment. It's ridiculous, the game is pretty much unwinnable if you're a player short and too many people just quit if they don't fancy the game type.

It badly needs sorting as it's ruining the game for me.

3 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

My biggest bugbear is quitters. More than 50% of ranked games seem to be 3 v 4 in the other team's favour at the moment. It's ridiculous, the game is pretty much unwinnable if you're a player short and too many people just quit if they don't fancy the game type.

It badly needs sorting as it's ruining the game for me.

Pretty much. And to tie that back into my point above, if you end up being stuck on a team of 3 and then lose hard because well...cos there's 3 of you, you still get penalised the full amount. There's just so many holes in it at the moment, it's making me so angry because I want to get stuck into it every night and push rank and stuff but there's just so many damn issues, from the bad matchmaking to dsyncing, collision, quitters, disconnects, it's just shocking really. 

Solo Q genuinely feels impossible right now, if I don't have unbalanced teams or quitters, I get people that refuse point blank to take objectives or hold the skull. The last match I played, no-one on my team bothered to pick it up once, they just all ran past it multiple times and carried on slaying, it's just a joke. 

24 minutes ago, Varsity said:

Pretty much. And to tie that back into my point above, if you end up being stuck on a team of 3 and then lose hard because well...cos there's 3 of you, you still get penalised the full amount. There's just so many holes in it at the moment, it's making me so angry because I want to get stuck into it every night and push rank and stuff but there's just so many damn issues, from the bad matchmaking to dsyncing, collision, quitters, disconnects, it's just shocking really. 

Solo Q genuinely feels impossible right now, if I don't have unbalanced teams or quitters, I get people that refuse point blank to take objectives or hold the skull. The last match I played, no-one on my team bothered to pick it up once, they just all ran past it multiple times and carried on slaying, it's just a joke. 

image.gif.6ac679ac7d9b7a45766d0849485b9bd7.gif

Edit: the opposite is also demoralising in that you go up by a huge amount by decimating a team in a 2v4 (feels bad man). 

I feel I have to defend myself against this post too. I am sometimes that guy who gets hate mail for not picking up the skull. I just truly suck with it is the issue. I don’t know where to go to stay alive, I don’t know how to throw it out of the map. I feel me picking it up is to the detriment of the team and I am doing the thing I am worst at. However, in response to all the negative fan mail on this, I have started to watch halo matches and trying to learn how to be the ball holder. I have had a couple of good ones. Little by little. 😀

2 minutes ago, Oz said:

I feel I have to defend myself against this post too. I am sometimes that guy who gets hate mail for not picking up the skull. I just truly suck with it is the issue. I don’t know where to go to stay alive, I don’t know how to throw it out of the map. I feel me picking it up is to the detriment of the team and I am doing the thing I am worst at. However, in response to all the negative fan mail on this, I have started to watch halo matches and trying to learn how to be the ball holder. I have had a couple of good ones. Little by little. 😀

It's all about the inches. Even if I only get the skull for 1 second that could be enough to win the match later on. If we have the skull I'm running point for the guy carrying and hopefully he realises this and follows so I can deal with anything that will threaten him/her. But if the skull is loose and I can grab it and knowing that I will be hosed down in seconds then fuck it. Thats a few seconds in the kitty.

29 minutes ago, Oz said:

There's a difference between 1 person not picking it up and everyone ignoring it the whole match though. 

As a general rule of thumb, you only want to pick it up when the area is clear. If you know an enemy is close by, don't pick it up just to get 1 second or whatever because if that enemy then kills you, you'll lose more time respawning in and your team will be a man down. Always better to drop the ball, slay nearby enemies and then pick it up for a good stretch when it's clear. Never be afraid to drop it on a whim if you know you're about to be shot at. 

If you're on Live Fire or Recharge, try and get used to positioning yourself near a death pit. That way, if you see the rest of your team go down and you know you're about to swamped by the enemy you can throw it off the side so it'll reset in back to its original position. That forces both teams to reposition back to the original spawn instead of you simply being killed and the whole enemy team just stand where you were. 

If we're in a 3 or a 4 on comms and any of us aren't playing well and/or are well behind on kills, that person is normally the designated carrier so the better players that match can get the slays in and keep the enemy off the ball carrier. 

EDIT: Just to mention from exp, the ones sending the messages are normally the ones that aren't playing the objective anyway. So I wouldn't worry tbh. 

Nice!  Solid shooting.  My clacker and right thumb go all over the shop compared to this lol.

So I got funnelled into Fiesta by my Weeklies last night - a couple of fun call-outs include 1) my first hijacking of an aerial vehicle with the grappleshot!  Bloody thing (I think it was a wasp) was stalking me for a while and I suddenly remembered I had grapple ability.  Felt awesome!  And 2) after being blown up by a Scorpion tank, I respawned with the disruptor and skewer, found a spot a little underneath the tank and started pummelling away until it blew!  In hindsight I think I could have done more with the disruptor - disruptor first then skewer while it was paralysed - so one or more occupants may have escaped, but not for long ha.  The tank was causing some headaches for the team, so I have visions of being virtually cheered and lofted into the air like it was the end of Star Wars.