IGNORED

Halo Infinite online: gamertags, organisation, clips, war stories etc

Benny

On 08/02/2022 at 18:26, Oz said:

@Varsity @Boothjan would you please come in the defence of default skin users everywhere. what was this chap doing with the flag during sudden death? 😡 this team of default-skins nearly gave me an aneurysm. I think the entire opposing team died twice in full in the time it took him to "Sam Fisher" the flag into base.  

Maybe a 10yr old boy who just got the game for his birthday and was giving multiplayer a quick go and was a bit confused who’s flag was which.

On 10/02/2022 at 12:49, dizogg said:

Maybe a 10yr old boy who just got the game for his birthday and was giving multiplayer a quick go and was a bit confused who’s flag was which.

fuck him

38 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

It felt much better for me over the past couple of nights.

maybe I will get used to it? I had learned to compensate and now I need to get used to it working properly perhaps. 

Is this utterly fucked for anyone tonight? The dashboard is acting weird and ive only been able to get into two random games and each time my skin/ avatar is all default shizzle. If I go into Customise/ Armour is just times out.

PC

13 hours ago, idiwa said:

Is this utterly fucked for anyone tonight? The dashboard is acting weird and ive only been able to get into two random games and each time my skin/ avatar is all default shizzle. If I go into Customise/ Armour is just times out.

PC

It was ok on pc for me yesterday afternoon. But melee does feel weird 

Yea, on the one hand its nice but on the other I kinda don't want to add to their user numbers when they've done fuck all in terms of content haha. 

I'm sure I will play the odd game or two though.

I do kind of enjoy the chaos of those first unranked matches - I was originally up to Diamond but have now been re-ranked as Gold 5 :lol:

Problem is that the matchmaking is painfully slow (update today apparently) and the only games I've got into were in a lobby where at least 6 out of the 8 players were unranked which kind of defeats the object of trying to rank up in the first place!

Fiesta event is back at the moment so I've gone into that playlist as it seems much more stable - it was taking ages to find ranked matches.  

Played a couple matches last night to see how things were. 

Whilst it felt more stable than previously, I just can't get back into the game. Coming off the back of Apex, Siege, hell even BF2, it just feels so barebones and empty. 

Now, I know those games have a few years on it in terms of content but the fact we still have 0 from 343 is just unforgivable in my eyes. 

Even the fabled Feb content update is not "fixes" rather telemetry to see what the problem is. Fiesta returning for the 4th time. 

Hell, even the roadmap was delayed and still hasn't been released. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sigh.  I don't know what has happened to this but I've gone back on over the past few days to obtain my new ranking on Cross Play and I'm finding it impossible - over the last 5 games, I've had the lowest kill count every time, and the lowest points 4 times out of 5.  Either I've completely lost it or the match making is absolutely fucked.

I checked after the game and 80% of the players I'm playing against are at least Platinum.  I'm hoping this is fixed somewhat when I finally get my rank but doing so badly every single time isn't much fun.

The number of players seems to have plummeted too - this thread is an indication of that!

2 hours ago, Boothjan said:

Sigh.  I don't know what has happened to this but I've gone back on over the past few days to obtain my new ranking on Cross Play and I'm finding it impossible - over the last 5 games, I've had the lowest kill count every time, and the lowest points 4 times out of 5.  Either I've completely lost it or the match making is absolutely fucked.

I checked after the game and 80% of the players I'm playing against are at least Platinum.  I'm hoping this is fixed somewhat when I finally get my rank but doing so badly every single time isn't much fun.

The number of players seems to have plummeted too - this thread is an indication of that!

I had a break of three weeks but had a go the other night, thinking I'd see what my new ranking would be.  I was Gold 3 before, so pretty average.

My first game (CTF) was a disaster.  Previously, I might have a poor start but then get into it an make up for it overall.  This game, I was on zero kills and about 8 deaths.  No fun at all, so I quit, for only the second time ever.  A crappy thing to do, I know. 

A few minutes later, I got a message saying 'I guess you're a pacifist, judging by your kd.'  Harsh, but fair.  I had no response so just deleted it ☹️.  After that I had a game of slayer where one guy on the other team was running riot, got 20 kills before being killed himself.

Not my best night on Halo.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/news/halo-infinite-update-march-2022

2 new maps and new mode coming in May, Co-op delayed again LOL

Seems like the reason there's no roadmap or anything after three months is they have no "lead time", live-service games like Destiny usually have months of stuff queued up in advance so they can plan and have a bit of a buffer for delays. Instead 343're having to hurriedly lay the track out in front of them like Wallace and Gromit.

Do you actually play the game online at the moment or do you just pop in the last updated Halo thread regularly to rub your hands and put the boot in?

Great, very helpful info (even with the barely supressed mocking tone), lets hear some of your online stories of playing it recently?

I mean I'm not playing it at the moment, nearly all my time is taken up by Elden Ring, but if you're not playing the game yourself then it just looks like you are waiting for any excuse to wade into the Halo threads with some bad news about the game whenever it comes up. Why do you even care?

I wonder what 'Spartan Career' is? A better progression system? Anyone know? 

Somehow I got placed in Platinum 2 last night despite my abysmal pre-ranking performances!! 

I've also noticed that medal stats are now on Halo Tracker which has pleased me no end. Love my stats!!

5 minutes ago, Benny said:

Great, very helpful info (even with the barely supressed mocking tone), lets hear some of your online stories of playing it recently?

I mean I'm not playing it at the moment, nearly all my time is taken up by Elden Ring, but if you're not playing the game yourself then it just looks like you are waiting for any excuse to wade into the Halo threads with some bad news about the game whenever it comes up.

Why do you even care?

Mate, all I did was post the update from 343, if the recent news is bad news (is it? I thought the new content coming sounded good!), then that's not on me. Why are you shooting the messenger?

And no I put the game down until Season 2 because it feels like a beta for the moment, but that doesn't mean you can't post an update on the game for people who are playing or taking a break telling them what content is coming in the next update. It's not like the thread is particularly active in the first place.

This is all very paranoid and a bit weird, you OK hun?

6 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

Mate, all I did was post the update from 343, if the recent news is bad news (is it? I thought the new content coming sounded good!), then that's not on me. Why are you shooting the messenger?

And no I put the game down until Season 2 because it feels like a beta for the moment, but that doesn't mean you can't post an update on the game for people who are playing or taking a break telling them what content is coming in the next update. 

This is all very paranoid and a bit weird, you OK hun?

You have not posted news updates in this particular thread before as far as I can tell, or indeed engaged with any of the discussion between people playing it or shared in this thread in any way. But what you have done is used a news update you found as an excuse to piss out some general negativity

2 new maps and new mode coming in May, Co-op delayed again LOL

Seems like the reason there's no roadmap or anything after three months is they have no "lead time", live-service games like Destiny usually have months of stuff queued up in advance so they can plan and have a bit of a buffer for delays. Instead 343're having to hurriedly lay the track out in front of them like Wallace and Gromit.

Which given your track record of stinking up the Halo Campaign thread as well, long after people were done with that discussion, considering you're not even playing the bloody game, makes it look pretty suspect that you are now posting that stuff in here, where people are actually posting specifically about their online experiences.