IGNORED

Halo Infinite online: gamertags, organisation, clips, war stories etc

Benny

The game has been hard on me this weekend. Lots of very very miserable matches. I only won when leaving a puddle in my gaming chair. This is one I enjoyed probably of two good matches. Attrition started super easy early in the event but now all matches are difficult.

I quit the campaign halfway thru as the PvP got its hooks in me.  Normally I never play PvP in FPS games and just do the campaign… I tried the campaign again today funnily enough, it was ok for half an hour.  It’s one of those campaigns you can easily burn yourself out on, given that it’s very repetitive.  Looks and sounds nice though, and the core 30 second gameplay loop is fun enough of course.

1 hour ago, Oz said:

I completed my battlepass. I should probably play the campaign at some point. have you guys finished the story? is it worth it for the pvp crew? @Triple A @Kryptonian @sir stiff_one @Boothjan @TommyG @Pob @Varsity? gave it a go at first but found it extremely boring. 

I finished it. I did all the others besides 5 and it’s alright, I enjoyed the sandbox but if you found it boring before nothing has changed 🤷🏻‍♂️ There are some multiplayer unlocks scattered around the map though if you want to track them down…

I really enjoyed it - finished it on heroic, and although I much preferred the open world sections, it's a decent campaign.

Still want to see some extra stuff added to it as parts of it seemed a bit empty but a sandbox setting works really well for a Halo game. 

38 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

This worth a go, then? Not played Halo multiplayer since…Christ, Halo 2! :huh:

Am I likely to just get trounced and be miserable? 

In quickplay I’ve found it quite balanced for the more moderately skilled level player (ie me) and I’ve been having loads of fun.

Sure you get thrashed periodically too but there’s enough people who can’t shoot for shit to make you feel better and there’s a reasonable amount of variety in the different modes.

Its a lot more accessible than say the Crucible in D2.

1 hour ago, Doctor Shark said:

This worth a go, then? Not played Halo multiplayer since…Christ, Halo 2! :huh:

Am I likely to just get trounced and be miserable? 

You can practise v bots before taking the plunge if need be. 

It's tremendous when you've a full squad - aside from a few months on Halo 5, this is the first proper online Halo fix I've had since Halo 3. There might be a bit of a steep learning curve but practise makes perfect!

@Doctor Shark

I agree quickplay is easier and I’ve found I win about half the time. Ranked was more like one win every five matches, when I was solo queuing. You also have fiesta which is more chaotic fun.

The academy menu has that practice mode mentioned. It is not in the multiplayer menu for some reason. In academy definitely play with the settings. When set to Spartan the AI is harder than playing against some real players. And it is very believable.

You can practice your aim and movement, learn the maps and try different weapons. In real live you may only pick up the sniper for example a couple of times in a few matches. In academy you can set it up so you always have a sniper full of ammo and you can practice peaking, pre scoping or covering lanes. 

In the community menu you also have Theater where you can see what other players were doing as well as yourself. This is good to learn from mistakes and others.

17 minutes ago, Triple A said:

Wicked.  It's super fun to use the grapple and nick a weapon from someone, just when they're about to walk over it haha.

on this one my teammate kept taking the overshield from me. he then commended 'ez' at the end. I am sure it was because he kept taking my toys! I also found a new spot to push people from. the dude I pushed kinda bounced against the wall too. this just never gets old. is resulsor new to halo?

19 hours ago, Oz said:

I completed my battlepass. I should probably play the campaign at some point. have you guys finished the story? is it worth it for the pvp crew? @Triple A @Kryptonian @sir stiff_one @Boothjan @TommyG @Pob @Varsity? gave it a go at first but found it extremely boring. 

I completed the story on Heroic and blazed around the map mopping everything up for ages. Enjoyed it a lot.

Also completed Battle Pass and got the snazzy shotgun colour.

I have a hard time even figuring out what I’ve unlocked in the season pass. It’s all shit. And I can’t equip most of it because it doesn’t go with my pay to win armor. The head flame effect for example will not equip unless I take my purchased cosmetics off. 

21 minutes ago, Oz said:

@Boothjandid you get a callout or something? or you just like throwing nades at b from time to time? 

I had literally just respawned having died trying to defend B, so thought they might still be there so chucked a random grenade.  95% fluke.

5 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

I had literally just respawned having died trying to defend B, so thought they might still be there so chucked a random grenade.  95% fluke.

giphy.gif

Been enjoying this, although I pretty much just play solo so sometimes it’s frustrating when you’re in a team with really crap people. This was a fun Lone Wolf I got yesterday (luck not skill):

how was that a double rather than tripple kill. idgi

1 hour ago, dizogg said:

Been enjoying this, although I pretty much just play solo so sometimes it’s frustrating when you’re in a team with really crap people. This was a fun Lone Wolf I got yesterday (luck not skill):

I went off on one here at the end. I wanted it more than the other team. pleased with my use of all the toys. one should have fallen off the map but didn't. sad face.

38 minutes ago, dizogg said:

It was a triple, the clip cuts off before he says it goes “double kill, TRIPLE KILL” innit.

Did you get ace too? Or extermination? 

so quickplay served me a 5v5 slayer match today. it was shit. it was not even all players. both teams had a bot. the map was too small. was that a glitch?

EDIT: confused the shit out of me.