IGNORED

Halo Infinite online: gamertags, organisation, clips, war stories etc

Benny

I really like the flow of trying to coordinate with team mates and push together or defend the high ground as a team for example. We had one weak link on this match but I had a lot of fun trying to cover and protect my teammates. Figuring out how to complement what they are trying to do. When I can understand what that is. I also use ping more which I just enjoying doing. On this match I had today I was sometimes predicting where they would be coming from which I found really satisfying. Apologies this is a full match. :D PS: there is a backstab challenge for which ninjas do not count. WTF

4 hours ago, Boothjan said:

Multiple rounds, short games - not much difference between the time spent in pre/post-game lobbies and actually playing the thing.  I just feel that I'm just getting into the swing of things when the game is over.

I agree with your point about bad team mates - had some absolute shockers, both on my team and on the other side!  Which in itself doesn't help the short game times.

wow I just had a 1 minute match and realised what you mean. 

2 hours ago, Oz said:

I really like the flow of trying to coordinate with team mates and push together or defend the high ground as a team for example. We had one weak link on this match but I had a lot of fun trying to cover and protect my teammates. Figuring out how to complement what they are trying to do. When I can understand what that is. I also use ping more which I just enjoying doing. On this match I had today I was sometimes predicting where they would be coming from which I found really satisfying. Apologies this is a full match. :D PS: there is a backstab challenge for which ninjas do not count. WTF

That ninja kill *chef’s kiss*

33 minutes ago, Harsin said:

Fucking hell.

They also tweeted that they're only now considering temporarily removing BTB challenges. How fucking long has this been a problem!

LOL

I still cannot get a into BTB matches at all. sames as before. when it did work a few days ago (prior to the patch) I joined a match in progress. died twice and then lost the match. 

3 hours ago, Oz said:

wow I just had a 1 minute match and realised what you mean. 

Good look getting the achievement for it too. I don’t play with mics or a team but I spot often, this is over far too quickly. Makes more sense to have team revives from the get go.

this is another good one I had. it is a full match but was a bit shorter. cyberpunk kitty is the new meta. visor is very cool but might be a bit too common already. 

2 hours ago, taurusnipple said:

Good look getting the achievement for it too. I don’t play with mics or a team but I spot often, this is over far too quickly. Makes more sense to have team revives from the get go.

You can't get the achievement in Attrition ^^ It unlocks in a game mode that isn't in game yet. 

59 minutes ago, Gommy said:

Is it just me that thinks the cyber visor just looks like something master chief won at a fair that fits badly?

It is just you. the ‘community’ (whoever the fuck that is) is up in arms about the visor being off-centre. I am going to spoiler tag the pic. I advice you all to not look at the photo. It cannot be unseen. 

Spoiler

969CDA5C-0759-45B1-95D2-984CB6F5E7D9.jpeg.a8f86df776f26232638b0d89ea56266b.jpeg

here's a 5 minute match that was so easy I actually just drove around and relaxed for a little bit on my own. these attrition matches are making me worse at the game I fear because you are playing with potatoes on both sides who are also playing weirdly trying to get hand cannon kills and things like that. subtitles on for those who are hard of hearing. 

From what I can tell the reduction in cosmetic prices is just adding an extra piece for the same price. Eg: you now get a weapon skin and TWO vehicle skins instead of one for rhe same money.

Just now, Strafe said:

From what I can tell the reduction in cosmetic prices is just adding an extra piece for the same price. Eg: you now get a weapon skin and TWO vehicle skins instead of one for rhe same money.

Fucking lol

The visor you can earn, let’s be honest, looks shit. But comedy shit, because I had one match where 3 of us were rocking various green shades of armour and a visor and it was full on like a ninja turtles alternate universe. I wish you could choose to team up with randoms after a good game.

2 minutes ago, sir stiff_one said:

The visor you can earn, let’s be honest, looks shit. But comedy shit, because I had one match where 3 of us were rocking various green shades of armour and a visor and it was full on like a ninja turtles alternate universe. I wish you could choose to team up with randoms after a good game.

Yes this. How is this not a thing? 

On 19/01/2022 at 01:35, Oz said:

really bad team members can ruin any game type but particularly true here. we had one chap go 1 and 7. he also did not seem to understand he could revive team mates. it is impossible to carry that chap in this game mode. even if you are @TommyG level. 

Really makes you want to shout out in chat “LarryStix598, stop running straight to your death!”

I feel like the revive time is a bit too long to make it worth it tbh. Most of the matches I've played so far we've seen 1, maybe 2 revives go out. Majority of the time the match is over so quick there's no need to. 

Gears of War did a take on this with Dodgeball mode and I much prefer the way they implemented it. No pool of lives just 4v4, you kill an enemy and one of your team is instantly brought back and vice versa. Made it a lot more interesting and, if the same was done here, I imagine the matches would last a lot longer. 

13 minutes ago, TommyG said:

@Oz how are you capturing full games? I’m guessing you’re on PC with a capture card??

Yes on PC but I just use the GPU. I have a 3080 which means I can just barely run the campaign. Lol

Yesterday attrition was harder on me. I had some good ones and really bad ones. Regular quick play was a lot easier yesterday for whatever reason. I got the cyber goggles but don’t even know how to equip them. I don’t even think I can with my pay to win armour. 

32 minutes ago, Oz said:

Yesterday attrition was harder on me. I had some good ones and really bad ones. Regular quick play was a lot easier yesterday for whatever reason. I got the cyber goggles but don’t even know how to equip them. I don’t even think I can with my pay to win armour. 

It's the armour effect over towards the right side of the list. You can't wear it in some instances (like if you're wearing a Reach character's skin like Jun or Emile).

I am disappointed that you can't have flaming arms on alongside the flaming helmet, mind.