IGNORED

Halo Infinite online: gamertags, organisation, clips, war stories etc

Benny

1 hour ago, Varsity said:

the third game our team intentionally trolled us by taking the enemy flag back to their base

You say this but I’ve seen some people get confused and do it. I’ve also had team mates shooting/hitting me to get me to score when I have the flag despite our flag being away at the time. I had to go to the point to show him it wouldn’t do anything! He was a high rank too 🤷🏻‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

You say this but I’ve seen some people get confused and do it. I’ve also had team mates shooting/hitting me to get me to score when I have the flag despite our flag being away at the time. I had to go to the point to show him it wouldn’t do anything! He was a high rank too 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm sure it does happen but this wasn't a mistake lol. At one point a teammate took their flag and I watched as this guy spammed grenades at him then took it himself and just stayed in the enemies grav lift. 

34 minutes ago, metallicfrodo said:

You really fluffed that first rocket, three of them there and you didn't kill a single one! Bit embarassing really :P😄

I was expecting it to kill ALL 3 of them, seemed pretty close 😩

Quit my first match last night. I jumped over the get the sword on a team slayer I think and was followed by one of my team who started hitting /shooting me. 

Alright, I dropped the sword, he took it, vanished and I was almost immediately killed by someone on the other team who had got hold of the sword from this schmuck. Proper tilted.

Had a horrible set of matches after, couldn’t aim for shit, put it down to being tired (my eyes were well tired) and turned it off.

Next day my kid is saying what’s up with the TV it looks weird and he can’t hit anything on Halo and it hurts his eyes. It was in a different mode from Game mode somehow. Amazing that such a thing makes such a big difference.

you run into some nasty people from time to time when you are soloing. but if you are able to push through, occasionally you meet some nice or very insteresting people. it is always a net positive in my opinion to keep comms with strangers on. the other day I listened into this conversation of two people talking the entire match (south london sounding): "mate I am telling you I am on their side and their flag is not spawning" game mode was one flag. 

giphy.gif

12 hours ago, sir stiff_one said:

Quit my first match last night. I jumped over the get the sword on a team slayer I think and was followed by one of my team who started hitting /shooting me. 

Alright, I dropped the sword, he took it, vanished and I was almost immediately killed by someone on the other team who had got hold of the sword from this schmuck. Proper tilted.

Had a horrible set of matches after, couldn’t aim for shit, put it down to being tired (my eyes were well tired) and turned it off.

Next day my kid is saying what’s up with the TV it looks weird and he can’t hit anything on Halo and it hurts his eyes. It was in a different mode from Game mode somehow. Amazing that such a thing makes such a big difference.

yeh small changes can throw one off. I messed about a week or two ago with my dpi. only now am I starting to adjust. I have no idea what it was before I fucked it up. however; it is for sure better now than it ever was though in terms of how the game feels. it was worth messing about with it. 

3 hours ago, Oz said:

I will give this a go as soon as I can 

man @Boothjan the map came up but this is not as easy as you made it look. someone was trying to do it to me and they also got nailed. because I had the cinder shot and pre-fired it at that little hall. the thingy blew up in their hands. nasty. what a game. 

EDIT: I just love that game mode in that match. probably my favourite at the moment. 

Absolute polar opposite of last nights game tonight. We won 10 and lost 1! I got my first running riot in a Onyx ranked playlist and this sneaky little flag play…

3 guys returning their flag at our base. I killed one with a grenade and weakened the other two, then halfway through a gun battle grapple the flag to prevent it from being returned, drop out of danger, get the double assist and then cap the flag. Felt so good! 

there’s no sound for some reason??

Had a few great games on this yesterday - some good, some bad but it did raise some really odd questions.

• Why are there no power cells on any of the arena maps except Launch, which isn't ever on ranked playlists?
  • Why do other players drop into quick play games when someone leaves but again, not on ranked?
  • Why is BTB still broken?
  • Why are there still challenges that require BTB to complete, when it's nigh on impossible to get into a BTB?

Some of these really do seem like bizarre omissions.  I have such fun with this game but the strange features depending on the playlists really do confuse the hell out of me.

58 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

Had a few great games on this yesterday - some good, some bad but it did raise some really odd questions.

• Why are there no power cells on any of the arena maps except Launch, which isn't ever on ranked playlists?
  • Why do other players drop into quick play games when someone leaves but again, not on ranked?
  • Why is BTB still broken?
  • Why are there still challenges that require BTB to complete, when it's nigh on impossible to get into a BTB?

Some of these really do seem like bizarre omissions.  I have such fun with this game but the strange features depending on the playlists really do confuse the hell out of me.

On the first two

• Power cells are pretty cheap so I can't see them ever ending up on maps that are in the ranked playlists.
  • Can't think of a time Ranked has every dropped people in (although I could well be wrong on it never having been the case). I'd imagine it's to do with how they apply the rank and so they don't want to drop people in to a ranked game that is already lost causing them to lose rank.

On the third

• Possibly it's not an easy fix and they have also given some of the team time off after what I have no doubt was a huge crunch to get the game out? Who knows really.

This was a flukey escape. The sword guy must've been raging:

I think I got put into a BTB squad with you on Saturday night @sir stiff_one. I tried following you around for a bit, but lack of squad spawns makes that very difficult, then I ended up spending most of the match in a Wasp.

1 hour ago, Oz said:

I have not been able to play a single match of BTB in a very long time. I am sure the game mode is great. 

Not a huge fan of it this time around, but I'm sure there are lots of people that are looking forward to it being fixed. 

30 minutes ago, Pmccee said:

Anyone about this evening? Have an evening to myself and would like to try a game with some regulars as it's get a bit dull on your ones. 

Dno what I'm playing tonight yet, but I'll add you up for future if not ^^ 

1 hour ago, Varsity said:

Not a huge fan of it this time around, but I'm sure there are lots of people that are looking forward to it being fixed. 

was it better before in halo 5 or something? if so, how?

14 minutes ago, Oz said:

was it better before in halo 5 or something? if so, how?

Just not a fan of the vehicle being drip fed in tbh, most of the time you don't even see a decent vehicle till right near the end of the match. The maps themselves don't really lend themselves to vehicle combat either, it's mostly just filing down 1 of 3 narrow lanes and getting picked off by snipers lol. 

H3 BTB was the best imo, it's why I still have MCC installed lol. I know I'm in the minority though lol.