IGNORED

Halo Infinite online: gamertags, organisation, clips, war stories etc

Benny

2 hours ago, Oz said:

when I do end up playing longer it's because I have gone to the dark place and there are no moments to share from those. 

Amen, I know those feels. Back at it tonight, NEVER GIVE UP!!! :P 

played for a bit today. hit level 70 and got the first reward I might use. network was very bad for me today so I dared not jump into ranked like this.

one time it did go my favour one for hilarious effect.

Spoiler

6 hours ago, Oz said:

imma keep posting until I am told off by the moderators. :D

Feel free to keep posting but bear in mind that with shortening attention spans, people may not want to watch an entire clip.

That reminds me, I should post my clip where I grapple-jacked a Banshee on Behemoth during a Fiesta game and didn't get the related achievement. Bah.

4 minutes ago, Talvalin said:

Feel free to keep posting but bear in mind that with shortening attention spans, people may not want to watch an entire clip.

That reminds me, I should post my clip where I grapple-jacked a Banshee on Behemoth during a Fiesta game and didn't get the related achievement. Bah.

Didn’t they say those will be granted retrospectively when fixed? I saw that somewhere 

8 hours ago, Varsity said:

Had some cracking games tonight to be fair, managed to get a running riot not only in Fiesta but in ranked also. 

On top of that, finally managed my first Overkill in ranked. 

Hey you did the little halo dance here! I would love to be able to do that effectively. In that narrow space I would have fallen to my death for sure. 

10 hours ago, Talvalin said:

Annoyingly, you don't get that achievement for grappling a banshee, only the wasp counts.

Ignore the clickbait title, this is actually quality analysis of play and this dude's channel in general is worth checking out, if like me you want to practice and climb (when matchmaking is awful.) 

7 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

@Varsity that's really interesting - a LOT of stuff there that I'd never even considered!  I'll try to take some of it on board when I'm next on, particularly thinking more about the free spaces on maps, spawn points etc.

The hardest part is remembering it tbh. There's so many components at play, it's very rare for me to think ahead with positioning every game. Same with general movement, some matches I'm bobbing and weaving all over, some times I just don't think about it. That's why I try and get at least some games every night atm tbh, to get that muscle memory going. 

U wot? Which is it?

Part of the con with the emblems is that you need loads of the same one - one for your nameplate thing, one for weapons, one for armour etc. That and the colours for certain armour cores is a total scam.

1 minute ago, Kryptonian said:

U wot? Which is it?

Part of the con with the emblems is that you need loads of the same one - one for your nameplate thing, one for weapons, one for armour etc. That and the colours for certain armour cores is a total scam.

This one, already had it for nameplate as in the image, and weapon, now you can get it on your armor! And it's still rubbish.

emblemlols.png

Pretty much, I got the orange + black HCS skin with some microsoft points and that'll do me tbh. 

Absolutely amazed they haven't monetized the opening animations yet, that's sommat I'd be interested in chasing. 

Halo things are so samey I just don’t honestly know what they could do with those armor pieces that would make em desirable. The flame effects at 30 fps are not it though for sure. 

14 minutes ago, spatular said:

i'm sort of glad the weekly rewards are rubbish as it makes me care about doing the challenges less. which is probably a good thing.

Definitely tbh. If it's worth it I'll passively do em but overall I just wanna play ranked. 

I'll help out friends if I'm on with them and they want em but honestly I'd happily just play ranked all night every night. It does kinda grate on me a bit sometimes though not gonna lie lol, especially if we have a banging ranked game and then go play fiesta or sommat, kinda takes me outta the zone.

8 minutes ago, Oz said:

Halo things are so samey I just don’t honestly know what they could do with those armor pieces that would make em desirable. The flame effects at 30 fps are not it though for sure. 

There's loads of decent armor configs over the course of all the games but they seem to want to lock the best ones to the shop or for later seasons. 

That’s really nice of you Talvalin but Jesus Christ I clicked on that link and I’ve had 2 aneurysms already. Mobile friendly, it is not. Will try and view on iPad.

I played 2 stressful games of noshi aka no shields aka Tactical Slayer. Christ. On one, I had 21kills and 3 or 4 deaths. People really are clueless! But I don’t like it it’s still too stressful.

Also despite my heroic effort I couldn’t pull this back for a win:

E7C96256-17FA-4771-B1A1-E0EA3872436D.jpeg

Has there been any news on their plans to release any new maps for this yet? I haven’t even played it all that much, but it felt threadbare back when I was playing. I would have definitely tired of it by now.

I think the expectation is that they'll add more with each season.  

...I believe season one runs until May.

I know it's been said before but 343 don't seem to be aiming to set any records for productivity. 

If the next additions are sodding Forge maps,  I'll be pretty disappointed. 

I really don't mind the lack of maps TBH - aside from Launch, I like them all, and I don't really like Launch because you can't play it on ranked, so I'm just not used to it.

I'll welcome more maps but I don't think it's urgent - I'd much rather they changed the challenges/stats/matchmaking issues.

DO think there's going to be a lot of expectation around season 2 - understandably so - but it seems a long way off yet.

343's response since coming back from break is pretty woeful tbh. BTB may/should/could/potentially be fixed next week. 

Other than that, they are looking into anti-cheat but won't be here before mid-feb. Speculation is that it won't even be anti-cheat tech but rather a report button as there isn't even that there right now. 

There are other things being "looked into." Nothing I personally wanted has been acknowledged other than d-sync but that still leaves collision issues, matchmaking issues, that fucking behemoth rubbish being in ranked etc. I wasn't expecting a fix overnight like but their statement they put out really was quite pathetic and May is a long long way away. 

Looking at upcoming events, that fracture which is literally just fiesta is set to return another 3 TIMES YET. There's a cyber event next week though have no clue what that is, and something called tactical ops which I strongly predict will just be playing SWAT. 

That Ske7ch guy really rubs me up the wrong way tbh, just seems to be full of excuses and comes across as someone who dislikes the community. This quote particularly:

"That exercise is going to take some time to flesh out but please know it’s in process - there’s just a lot to dig into and it’s a rather complicated web of work items / dependencies / priorities, etc… so we want to be sure to share informed, accurate information."

Again, I get it, nothing overnight etc but the wording is awful to me and just comes across as condescending. No offence, but you had 6 years and still only launched a barebones title...not to mention the boatload of cash they have from MS to get this going. Don't give me this "it's rather complicated" rubbish blah blah blah. 

Original post if anyone wants it: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/s0zp2w/halo_infinite_status_update_from_ske7ch/