IGNORED

Halo Infinite online: gamertags, organisation, clips, war stories etc

Benny

51 minutes ago, Oz said:

about to jump on fiesta. I am going to hate this.

36 minutes ago, Varsity said:

Ye, I can't stand it. Played 3 games with mates and then left to do solo queue. 

Not sure why people love it so much, it's just a crapshoot and just as full of sweaties as every other mode lol. Thankfully, I'm not a fan of the samurai armor so have no need to grind challenges at the moment. 

19 minutes ago, Oz said:

yeh neither am I. what am I doing!

Fiesta is hilarious, its Halo’s version of Mayhem.

The sheer roulette wheel of the weapons makes it immensely entertaining.

Getting the plasma sword two lives in a row and clocking up the easy kills never gets old.

To note I actually play Fiesta for fun outside of an event and it’s 10 kills for the challenge today, that’s a game or 2 at max if you just want to chase the shiny.

3 minutes ago, dreamylittledream said:

Fiesta is hilarious, its Halo’s version of Mayhem.

The sheer roulette wheel of the weapons makes it immensely entertaining.

Getting the plasma sword two lives in a row and clocking up the easy kills never gets old.

To note I actually play Fiesta for fun outside of an event and it’s 10 kills for the challenge today, that’s a game or 2 at max if you just want to chase the shiny.

yeh I played 5 matches had a good time I have to admit. a lot less triggered thanwhen I play anything else. something about it makes me more relaxed about loosing. I nearly went for a solo queue ranked match there to finish which would have been a terrible mistake. glad I was able to pull the plug here. 

1 minute ago, Oz said:

yeh I played 5 matches had a good time I have to admit. a lot less triggered thanwhen I play anything else. something about it makes me more relaxed about loosing. I nearly went for a solo queue ranked match there to finish which would have been a terrible mistake. glad I was able to pull the plug here. 

Yeah I still don’t do ranked…I’m happily basking in the illusion that I am actually slightly above mediocre at a PvP FPS by playing casual and having a great little time.

I have no desire to have that fun wiped from the face of the earth by lightning reflexed kids who can headshot me quicker than I can turn to see where the hell I’m being shot from.

Still at least there are no shotgun sliders in Halo Infinite at any rate.

11 minutes ago, dreamylittledream said:

Yeah I still don’t do ranked…I’m happily basking in the illusion that I am actually slightly above mediocre at a PvP FPS by playing casual and having a great little time.

I have no desire to have that fun wiped from the face of the earth by lightning reflexed kids who can headshot me quicker than I can turn to see where the hell I’m being shot from.

Still at least there are no shotgun sliders in Halo Infinite at any rate.

damn destiny shotgun sliders

giphy.gif

so this guy booped me back with the repulsor. which started a side quest for me to find a way to sneak back into that room. :D

he had done it to my team mate previously too!

Each to their own, I don't touch social because I want to be challenged repeatedly and get better skills wise. I find anything other than ranked boring tbh, especially Fiesta. 

You don't touch ranked cos of your own reasons, fair enough. 

I do like Fiesta for the emergent epic moments it can provide (see earlier videos), not to mention that as it’s a thinly veiled noob mode there’s no shortage of marks - so, fun to take a load off from time to time.

I played precisely half a game of fiesta. To start I joined in progress halfway through a game where 3 people had already quit out of. Secondly one guy had sword/grapple combo and was ridiculous good with it. Tried three times to kill him with shite weapons and then went straight back to ranked. Not for me thanks. 

I was HORRENDOUS last night - was playing ranked with my friend who is at Gold 2, so pretty much every other player was a lower rank to me due to the matchmaking but I couldn't do anything right.  Decided to give up for the night a lot sooner than planned!!!

Quick question - why is that fucking sword so powerful, and why do I suck with it?  Any tips?

4 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

I was HORRENDOUS last night - was playing ranked with my friend who is at Gold 2, so pretty much every other player was a lower rank to me due to the matchmaking but I couldn't do anything right.  Decided to give up for the night a lot sooner than planned!!!

Quick question - why is that fucking sword so powerful, and why do I suck with it?  Any tips?

I can't stand it either dude, I'm beyond useless with it. I normally either grab it so the enemy doesn't have it and/or drop it for a teammate. 

It's probably just practice but I can't get the lunges down at all, if I try I normally miss and get gunned down. The best way to counter is to try and grab the repulsor if it's up and use it to bounce em away from you if they get close. 

42 minutes ago, Pob said:

I had a similar little 'staying alive' skirmish I was quite pleased with yesterday:

Nice dude! I love these little micro moments in Infinite. It’s as satisfying as get multikills imo

On 05/01/2022 at 06:19, sir stiff_one said:

Don’t have sigs on on mobile. Dang. Ok. I’ll check the first pages, thanks.

Being incredibly bored, I decided to go back through the thread and collate everyone's gamertags and put them into a spreadsheet. The link below gives write access, so please update the Platform, Time Zone and Ranking/Skill Level columns as you see fit, but obviously don't bugger about with any rows that don't relate to you! :P 

https://cryptpad.fr/sheet/#/2/sheet/edit/4T0WWHmMmnPGTGctO7wda9CF/

@Benny If you could add the link above to the first post then that would be great. :)

7 minutes ago, Strafe said:

Just unlocked the perfect with a VK78 achievement without even trying for it. Thanks, online dude I murdered!

Don't suppose you have a video of it so I can see how to actually do it? :)

11 minutes ago, Talvalin said:

Do it in Bot Bootcamp, all achievements minus the vehicle ones can be done against AI ^^

Thx for the spreadsheet btw ❤️ 

6 minutes ago, Pob said:

Maybe a column for the times people are usually on @Talvalin?

14 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

@Talvalin love the spreadsheet work!  Added both my rankings (crossplay and solo/duo controller) for good measure.  Maybe a column for most likely availability?

Added an "Availability" column and filled mine in. :)

21 minutes ago, Talvalin said:

Unfortunately not but it’s easy in principle - body shots to take shields down then the final shot is a headshot for insta kill. All shots have to hit so if one of your rounds doesn’t land you won’t get it.

4 minutes ago, Strafe said:

Unfortunately not but it’s easy in principle - body shots to take shields down then the final shot is a headshot for insta kill. All shots have to hit so if one of your rounds doesn’t land you won’t get it.

Oh. I thought a perfect meant that all shots had to be to the head? If not then great!

1 hour ago, Talvalin said:

Oh. I thought a perfect meant that all shots had to be to the head? If not then great!

As has been said, with the BR at least, three shots hitting anywhere then one to the head does the trick. It's been like that since H2.

I don't understand how this works with the auto-aim and bullet magnetism though. Are there specific points on the body that the reticle is drawn to, as well as the head?