IGNORED

Halo Infinite online: gamertags, organisation, clips, war stories etc

Benny

3 hours ago, Varsity said:

There's loads of people here you can add up and jump in with dude ^^

Really sorry I've not been able to team up with you yet - still up for a few games at some point as I'm absolutely loving this at the moment.

I'm up to Diamond 4 in cross play and fortunately, my friends (and 12 year old son) also play but as they very rarely play online games they're no higher than mid-gold which means the matchmaking is tough for them but great for me :lol: My rank is definitely misleading!  My best mate got a Series S over Christmas - the last time he played online was with me on the original CoD Black Ops so he's WAY out of practise.  It's been great to play with him again.

2 hours ago, sir stiff_one said:

You should try making the bullets go into the other player if you want to kill them quicker.

No thanks. I’ll take my chances with a melee.

8 hours ago, Wallace said:

Slow it right down and it you see maybe the 2nd to last shot gets his legs before the final shot gets the kill. The other shots missed.

I think I might be trying to get too close. Seems the bullets spread out when you get a bit of distance. Whereas I am trying to get right in there. 

I do feel the shotgun isn't as powerful as it should be, can you kill someone with one shot? Maybe I've just not go them right in the face at close range yet.

On 01/01/2022 at 10:25, Varsity said:

Even those issues aside, there's like 5 maps in ranked, one of which is beyond broken, so call it 4. We were discussing this in party chat the other night, none of those maps bring a "Oh, sweet this map" when you get them, they are all poor. Aquarius is the ONLY one that I actually kinda like. No way will people stick with ranked till MAY with just that piss poor selection of maps.

Out of interest which map do you think is beyond broken and why? I personally like all the maps but would like there to be more. I do think my opinion of the game is coloured positively by the fact that I never play on my own and mostly play in teams of either 3 or 4. I also never play BtB because I've hated every incarnation of it in every Halo.

1 hour ago, metallicfrodo said:

Out of interest which map do you think is beyond broken and why? I personally like all the maps but would like there to be more. I do think my opinion of the game is coloured positively by the fact that I never play on my own and mostly play in teams of either 3 or 4. I also never play BtB because I've hated every incarnation of it in every Halo.

behemoth is not currently even in play in tournaments (although it is in the ranked rotation in game). too much open space and line of sight to spawning points. it makes it so a profesional team could lock you into being spawned killed for ages. 

1 hour ago, Harsin said:

Launch SIte should be fired into the nearest recycle bin.

I like one flag on launch site. it is fun to do the vehicle thing to attack the flag. 

14 minutes ago, Oz said:

behemoth is not currently even in play in tournaments (although it is in the ranked rotation in game). too much open space and line of sight to spawning points. it makes it so a profesional team could lock you into being spawned killed for ages. 

Ah yes. I actually quite like it for CTF when it comes up but yes the spawn trap I can see being an issue. However I’ve hated it the few times I’ve played in social because of the vehicles and the starting weapons having no range.

6 hours ago, sir stiff_one said:

You should try making the bullets go into the other player if you want to kill them quicker.

as I was not satisfied with your answers I have done a review myself of the events . I could not accept that I had missed an entire clip. and indeed this was not the case. turns out, I can blame my team mates.:D

dude comes through the door and is already low on health on a 1v3 with me holding the shotgun. exhibit one

Spoiler

1320357843_comesinglowing(secondnine).PNG.a8886743eca9bab2f56b6a254ce088aa.PNG

dude gets shot by me straight in the face but this somehow does not pop his shield. exhibit two

Spoiler

866544064_firstshot.thumb.PNG.30d074d0f46f927434afb9ce2848319b.PNG

dude gets hit by damage from a nade which finally breaks his shield. exhibit three

Spoiler

1508173214_shieldpop.thumb.PNG.1fa713363763627c61ef86eccff81e04.PNG

dude receives what should have been the killer shot in the buttogs. however my team mates flailing corpe blocks my shot. exhibit four

Spoiler

102125937_savedbydeadteamate.thumb.PNG.02f897c3eaf05ed82620d8182b67d3ee.PNG

dude receives killer blow on the final round of the magazine and the respective medal is awarded. exhibit five

Spoiler

857847206_lastshot.thumb.PNG.829ddd260c3db1d21f79a86048a19609.PNG2045424624_lastshotmedal.thumb.PNG.db914c4d25ba60af94e1655f793113e1.PNG

this was a lunch break well spent. 

7 hours ago, Boothjan said:

Really sorry I've not been able to team up with you yet - still up for a few games at some point as I'm absolutely loving this at the moment.

I'm up to Diamond 4 in cross play and fortunately, my friends (and 12 year old son) also play but as they very rarely play online games they're no higher than mid-gold which means the matchmaking is tough for them but great for me :lol: My rank is definitely misleading!  My best mate got a Series S over Christmas - the last time he played online was with me on the original CoD Black Ops so he's WAY out of practise.  It's been great to play with him again.

I'm the same tbh dude, we played with a varied group over Christmas and I got all the way up to D6 in one night. However, the last week we've been playing as a grp of 3 mostly with 2 diamonds and an Onyx so I've slipped all the way back to Diamond 2 lol. No worries about missing us btw, if we're missing someone I always fire off messages to try and get a fourth, at some point I'm sure the stars will align. 

2 hours ago, metallicfrodo said:

Ah yes. I actually quite like it for CTF when it comes up but yes the spawn trap I can see being an issue. However I’ve hated it the few times I’ve played in social because of the vehicles and the starting weapons having no range.

Pretty much the reason I hate it tbh, the spawn traps can be and often are total BS. Spawning way off to the side but enemy team spawns on their flag. Spawning at the back off your base and being killed before you can move because you can be seen from everywhere. They've said their keeping it in ranked atm purely for "feedback" to see whether they should add it to HCS...not good enough imo, don't use ranked as a testing ground for shite maps. 

Can't speak for social cos I don't play it. 

5 hours ago, Pete said:

I do feel the shotgun isn't as powerful as it should be, can you kill someone with one shot? Maybe I've just not go them right in the face at close range yet.

One shot + melee for both the bulldog and mangler will kill someone outright.

@sir stiff_one Think the first few pages of the thread have people's tags in, but not sure who is still playing. Most people still posting here have their tags in their signatures, just add em up. 

18 hours ago, Oz said:

can I get some opinions about what is going on here? am I missing? should I not aim center mass?

You hit him 3 times in total, the rest of the shots missed. You hit him once when he came through the door, second hit was when he was on the barrel and you clipped the bottom of his legs and the third time for the final kill. This is how many direct hits it takes to kill with the fast firing shot gun. To improve, pace your shots so that you're confident it's going to hit. 

7 hours ago, Oz said:

as I was not satisfied with your answers I have done a review myself of the events . I could not accept that I had missed an entire clip. and indeed this was not the case. turns out, I can blame my team mates.:D

dude comes through the door and is already low on health on a 1v3 with me holding the shotgun. exhibit one

Hide contents

1320357843_comesinglowing(secondnine).PNG.a8886743eca9bab2f56b6a254ce088aa.PNG

dude gets shot by me straight in the face but this somehow does not pop his shield. exhibit two

Hide contents

866544064_firstshot.thumb.PNG.30d074d0f46f927434afb9ce2848319b.PNG

dude gets hit by damage from a nade which finally breaks his shield. exhibit three

Hide contents

1508173214_shieldpop.thumb.PNG.1fa713363763627c61ef86eccff81e04.PNG

dude receives what should have been the killer shot in the buttogs. however my team mates flailing corpe blocks my shot. exhibit four

Hide contents

102125937_savedbydeadteamate.thumb.PNG.02f897c3eaf05ed82620d8182b67d3ee.PNG

dude receives killer blow on the final round of the magazine and the respective medal is awarded. exhibit five

Hide contents

857847206_lastshot.thumb.PNG.829ddd260c3db1d21f79a86048a19609.PNG2045424624_lastshotmedal.thumb.PNG.db914c4d25ba60af94e1655f793113e1.PNG

this was a lunch break well spent. 

I was thinking of doing the same but thought nah fuck it. You were miles away the first shot and then you kept shooting all around him. We’ve all done it. Shotgun is and always has been an up close shoot/melee death. 

It was just a messy kill, probably doesn’t that need much further analysis. 

5 hours ago, Varsity said:

One shot + melee for both the bulldog and mangler will kill someone outright.

@sir stiff_one Think the first few pages of the thread have people's tags in, but not sure who is still playing. Most people still posting here have their tags in their signatures, just add em up. 

Don’t have sigs on on mobile. Dang. Ok. I’ll check the first pages, thanks.

8 minutes ago, sir stiff_one said:

I was thinking of doing the same but thought nah fuck it. You were miles away the first shot and then you kept shooting all around him. We’ve all done it. Shotgun is and always has been an up close shoot/melee death. 

It was just a messy kill, probably doesn’t that need much further analysis. 

It was. I am ready to let it go. I think I should. It's been a week or so. :D

13 minutes ago, Oz said:

about to jump on fiesta. I am going to hate this.

Ye, I can't stand it. Played 3 games with mates and then left to do solo queue. 

Not sure why people love it so much, it's just a crapshoot and just as full of sweaties as every other mode lol. Thankfully, I'm not a fan of the samurai armor so have no need to grind challenges at the moment. 

17 minutes ago, Varsity said:

Ye, I can't stand it. Played 3 games with mates and then left to do solo queue. 

Not sure why people love it so much, it's just a crapshoot and just as full of sweaties as every other mode lol. Thankfully, I'm not a fan of the samurai armor so have no need to grind challenges at the moment. 

yeh neither am I. what am I doing!