IGNORED

Tim Rogers’ Action Button Video Games Videos

ZOK

On 05/11/2021 at 21:06, Quest said:

It's a shame he dropped out of the Insert Credit podcast. I only really listened to it for Rogers and the others are quite annoying.

Turns out he came back a few weeks ago. Also announced a new Action Button podcast with a focus on games he doesn't want to spend half a year reviewing for the YouTube channel, starting with Bullet Witch.

Could just be on the wind-up and he's actually spending the next year on a thirty-hour review of Air Zonk, though.

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Meat said:

I now want to learn Japanese to play Tokimeki Memorial. These reviews have given me more entertainment than all of my gaming last year.

If you've binged all the action button stuff, check out kotaku's youtube, there's a Tim Rogers playlist.  :)

21 hours ago, Meat said:

I now want to learn Japanese to play Tokimeki Memorial. These reviews have given me more entertainment than all of my gaming last year.

I think there is a fan-driven Tokimeki Memorial English translation project underway at the moment.

I speak Japanese and played through Tokimeki Memorial last year off the back of Tim Rogers' review and had a great time.

Spoiler

I ended up with Shiori Fujisaki semi-accidentally, she's not that hard to get. *DOOM-SHOTGUN*

• 3 months later...

Anyone pining for some more Tim, I've discovered and have been binging a bit of the criminally under-listened Insert Credit podcast, on which Tim frequently features. 

Yeah, it's a good podcast. I like it when Rogers can't stop talking and the others are clearly a bit annoyed but are too polite to stop him.

On 20/11/2021 at 11:20, Ste Pickford said:

Years ago, around the time he made Ziggurat on iOS, Tim got in touch with our John and said he was going to talk about Magnetic Billiards in a video, which would hopefully give us a bit of a boost, but it never happened for one reason or another (I think he lost his YouTube channel or something like that).

I was casually browsing this thread thinking I’ve never heard of this guy and these videos sound great, but you posting this has reminded me of something I’d totally forgotten.

He was after a graphic artist to work on his next game after Ziggurat, to get the job you had to send a portfolio plus evidence of your highest score on Ziggurat, highest score gets the job :)

Anyway, I got the gig and we chatted for a while and I did some artwork but it just kind of faded away and I never heard from him again and totally forgot he existed apparently! Will watch these.

2 hours ago, Cheeko said:

I was casually browsing this thread thinking I’ve never heard of this guy and these videos sound great, but you posting this has reminded me of something I’d totally forgotten.

He was after a graphic artist to work on his next game after Ziggurat, to get the job you had to send a portfolio plus evidence of your highest score on Ziggurat, highest score gets the job :)

Anyway, I got the gig and we chatted for a while and I did some artwork but it just kind of faded away and I never heard from him again and totally forgot he existed apparently! Will watch these.

WHAT WAS THE ZIGGURAT SCORE?!?

I've rewatched almost the entire first series again in the last week or so. Even got my kids into it (they're too young to 'get' it all but he doesn't swear and they find the gags / memes hilarious). Nearly finished the cyberpunk review. I'd not seen all the parts before, or I've forgotten, but I definitely didn't remember the crunch bit in the graphics chapter.

*looks to second camera*  "Buddy, that guy needs to look after himself a bit more!"

I fucking love "Tim Rogers", the character who talks in such an exaggerated way. I obviously also love the actual Tim who we seen small bits of every now and again. But "Tim" just makes me smile so much. 

I went on a coffee date yesterday with a woman off the Internet. I actually did the "dude, *something important*" thing a few times. I cringed but also kinda loved it. I find myself in  "Tim" mode quite often, even on work calls! :lol:

Is it just me? Am I a manic?