IGNORED

State of Play 27th October 10pm

Sarlaccfood

Dragons Dogma 2 Dragons Dogma 2 Dragons Dogma 2 Dragons Dogma 2 Dragons Dogma 2 Dragons Dogma 2 Dragons Dogma 2 Dragons Dogma 2 Dragons Dogma 2 Dragons Dogma 2 Dragons Dogma 2 Dragons Dogma 2 Dragons Dogma 2 Dragons Dogma 2 Dragons Dogma 2 Dragons Dogma 2 

Spoiler

Unlikely... ☹️

2 hours ago, Ran said:

Dragons Dogma 2 Dragons Dogma 2 Dragons Dogma 2 Dragons Dogma 2 Dragons Dogma 2 Dragons Dogma 2 Dragons Dogma 2 Dragons Dogma 2 Dragons Dogma 2 Dragons Dogma 2 Dragons Dogma 2 Dragons Dogma 2 Dragons Dogma 2 Dragons Dogma 2 Dragons Dogma 2 Dragons Dogma 2 

Hide contents

Unlikely... ☹️

It was listed in the Capcom data theft information so it'll likely happen at some point this console generation, maybe with Deep Down-level visuals, one can dream.

It also showed up in the GeForce NOW database.

I was listening to a podcast yesterday where Method Man was discussing ninjas in popular media in the west with legendary writer/artist Larry Hama, and that's such an unlikely and random thing to stumble across that I take it as a sign a new Tenchu will be revealed out of shadows at this show.

1 hour ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

I was listening to a podcast yesterday where Method Man was discussing ninjas in popular media in the west with legendary writer/artist Larry Hama, and that's such an unlikely and random thing to stumble across that I take it as a sign a new Tenchu will be revealed out of shadows at this show.

Was that about the rumoured Wu-Tang Clan RPG?

Not sure what to expect from this... it would be great if we got some more details about PSVR2 - although the current manufacturing semi-conductor shortages means we probably won't see something we can buy for over a year I expect.

Something new and unexpected is what I'm hoping for that uses the new tech to give a somewhat unique experience. Although these don't always go down well with people that want the same old franchises over and over. :) Perhaps a curveball like Ico/Shadow Of The Colossus perhaps that doesn't really fit into a specific genre. 

31 minutes ago, layten said:

I expect big announcements as Sony will want to take focus away from Microsoft who are about to have two massive first party bangers release in the run up to Christmas.

Age of Empires 4 28/10

Forza Horizon 5 9/11

Halo Infinite 8/12

So, which is the dud/ non-banger? 

6 minutes ago, bear said:

So, which is the dud/ non-banger? 

Age is PC only isn't it? I edited my post to clarify console releases, as I don't think Sony would see a PC only release as direct competition, heck they are even porting their own first party titles to the platform.

7 minutes ago, layten said:

Age is PC only isn't it? I edited my post to clarify console releases, as I don't think Sony would see a PC only release as direct competition, heck they are even porting their own first party titles to the platform.

I was just being a dick about how people seem to keep forgetting AoE exists. 

I'm not expecting loads from tonight. Maybe a few good DLC announcements. Geoff Keighleys The Game Awards isn't far off and I expect the bigger surprises to be kept for that. 

That being said,a little bit of the Dead Space reboot/remake/remaster just in time for Halloween would be lovely jubbly. 

34 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I can recall taking a deposit for that game when I worked at Gamestation.

I was made redundant from there nearly a decade ago.

I was at the Gamescom where Ono and Harada introduced both games and handed out SFXT and TXSF t-shirts to attending press. I wasn't fast enough and got stuck with a TXSF medium sized one. It didn't fit back then but now it probably would!

1 hour ago, bear said:

I was just being a dick about how people seem to keep forgetting AoE exists. 

I'm not expecting loads from tonight. Maybe a few good DLC announcements. Geoff Keighleys The Game Awards isn't far off and I expect the bigger surprises to be kept for that. 

That being said,a little bit of the Dead Space reboot/remake/remaster just in time for Halloween would be lovely jubbly. 

Yeah, I think Sony will save its bigger guns for the Game Awards and bigger State of Plays later on. This is 20 minutes and mostly focused on third party stuff.
This is one of the games and while it looks super charming, it probably gives you an idea of the scale of this thing.

I do expect a bigger game to close this though. My money is still on Final Fantasy XVI.

On 23/10/2021 at 10:21, Ran said:

Hide contents

Unlikely... ☹️

According to the Capcom leak it’s the next game they’re releasing that will be on PlayStation (there’s a Switch exclusive Resident evil before that) so if Capcom have anything it should be that.