The Man Utd Thread

5R7

1 hour ago, bradigor said:

What happened with protests, did Sky just manage to block then out? Gary Neville seems to have flip flopped already too. 

You were never as bad as those opening two games, but still a lot of work to do to get back to the top I think 

Utd win, funny how that affects moods isn’t it?

Turned a corner or raised the game for a Derby?   Either way congratulations on the result.  Wonder if Southgate will  drop Maguire for England (he won’t )?

On 14/08/2022 at 13:56, Oh Danny Boy said:

There’s no chance on God’s Green Earth this United team will beat Liverpool, their only hope is to forfeit trying to keep possession, play with their backs to the wall and hope for a counter punch and/or Liverpool’s attack being blunt. Sure they looked slightly off against Fulham but the previous week they were next level and completely shredded City. 

I’m not even sure that ever during Liverpool’s pre Klopp years they had reached the lows United are currently  sinking, a lot of mediocrity and under achievement but not this. The only comparison is the Hodgson/end of Hicks & Gillete era which the club shook off pretty quickly. 

:lol:

7 minutes ago, Gabzy said:

Let’s not get carried away, we’ll be shit again next weekend no doubt 😆

But fair enough, gotta enjoy these brief moments of respite!

This is probably the first time in over a year we’ve been able to laugh at someone else!

4 minutes ago, spork said:

This is probably the first time in over a year we’ve been able to laugh at someone else!

The fact it’s the scousers as well, just…

🤌💋

40 minutes ago, little che said:

I decided not to go last night on principle, (i have a season ticket) then that happened.

Bit gutted but I’m glad I stuck to my principles.

It's the start of the season, how come you renewed the season ticket?

Best atmosphere I've experienced at Old Trafford last night, and also the quietest I've ever known any team's away fans. Usually even away teams who are losing by much bigger margins manage more noise than that lot.

For what it's worth the Glazers out chants were as loud as any other chants and consistently struck up throughout the match.

I hope they keep it up in the next match against Southampton rather than it being yet another false dawn. At least it sort of feels different this time with some of the poorer performing players being dropped and right now it's quite hard to imagine Shaw and Maguire getting back into the team any time soon.

I remember making a post before the start of last season and after the Euros final that Shaw and Maguire had elevated themselves to world class, elite level players :lol:

17 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

Southampton are up next, and in a way the worst team for us to play, as we will no doubt draw 1-1 with them, like we always do.

image.jpeg.81dc4a711fe8f333fcfcac6e8a710a13.jpeg

After last night I expect to at least double that.

36 minutes ago, ckny said:

I remember making a post before the start of last season and after the Euros final that Shaw and Maguire had elevated themselves to world class, elite level players :lol:

Shaw was brilliant in the season leading up to the Euros. The Shawberto Carlos meme didn’t take off because he was crap.

Maguire was ideal when we were sitting back and hitting teams on the counter and tends to thrive for England in a back three. Last season we tried to play more on the front foot and it really exposed him (and everyone else apparently).

I can imagine if he did go to Chelsea we’d all be thinking how good he is in their back three.

On 23/08/2022 at 23:33, feltmonkey said:

Apparently Frenkie De Jong liked an Instagram post announcing Casimiro's transfer to United!  :omg:

Which means nothing, obviously. 

He liked it in a “now they’ve signed a midfielder maybe they’ll stop ringing me ffs” way.

You beat Liverpool on Monday, do you reckon you'll best Liverpool South Coast today? 

I think this is the bigger game in terms of where you really are now.

24 minutes ago, bradigor said:

You beat Liverpool on Monday, do you reckon you'll best Liverpool South Coast today? 

I think this is the bigger game in terms of where you really are now.

We'll be right back in to our first 2 games of the season form.