The Man Utd Thread

5R7

I can't get used to Casemiro wearing number 18. I keep thinking he's Bruno.

He's playing well though. Him and Malacia have been our best players so far.

Edit - Lmao at Antony's exasperated reaction to Maguire artlessly hoofing the ball out for a throw in. He knows what Ten Hag wants better than most of the senior players.

Just now, Nicky said:

Where's this Fred been for the past 5 years?

playing 20 yards deeper....no really...this is the player he was at Shaktar, an attacking mid!

Oh come on, no analysis at all? Not even a loop of some highlights?

This is a harbinger of how silly the country is about to get. I mean, it's sad that she died, but on the scale of celebrity deaths it's no where near as sad as Taylor Hawkins or Barry Cryer.

4 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

This is a harbinger of how silly the country is about to get. I mean, it's sad that she died, but on the scale of celebrity deaths it's no where near as sad as Taylor Hawkins or Barry Cryer.

I’m out at karaoke, have had to listen to goldbridge on yt to get a gist of the match, would’ve been listening to talksport or similar, but it’s all been taken over.

9 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

we should be thankful its on at all, apparently some cunt wanted it postponed and uefa were like "yeah nah"

Why’s Bruno not playing? Why is tht muppet maguire and n the pitch?!? Urgghhh

edit: I know the teams changed NOW, but why start the idiots THEN change it? Put the game to bed and rest players after the jobs done…

A very disappointing result, but I actually don't think it's such a bad thing.  The penalty that won the game was bullshit, and the United performance just gives Ten Hag more information about the squad.  Maguire comes back, Erikson is moved out of the pivot, Ronaldo comes in up front, and suddenly things don't quite work as well as they have been.  Not that any of them played badly as such - Ronaldo was our most likely scorer - but the team didn't quite function as it has done for the previous four games.  It also brings us back to reality a bit. It's a reminder not to get carried away after our little run of wins.

Hopefully we should still get out of the group, as long as there aren't any other slip-ups.

2 hours ago, feltmonkey said:

A very disappointing result, but I actually don't think it's such a bad thing.  The penalty that won the game was bullshit, and the United performance just gives Ten Hag more information about the squad.  Maguire comes back, Erikson is moved out of the pivot, Ronaldo comes in up front, and suddenly things don't quite work as well as they have been.  Not that any of them played badly as such - Ronaldo was our most likely scorer - but the team didn't quite function as it has done for the previous four games.  It also brings us back to reality a bit. It's a reminder not to get carried away after our little run of wins.

Hopefully we should still get out of the group, as long as there aren't any other slip-ups.

We'll get out.. so long as fucking Harry doesn't play again, he's shit///

Still trying to figure out that penalty. 🤔

Have the rules in the PL/FA diverged again from the UEFA rules and i've missed it? I can't imagine it would have been given as a penalty in a league game.

It's also possible I don't understand the rules.

I assumed it was a penalty as it hit his arm that was sticking out a bit but the way the commentator was going on the rules have obviously changed a lot since when ever that would have been given.

I’ve enjoyed the indifference from fans after the match though and hopefully it tempers expectations after our four wins in a row.

49 minutes ago, spork said:

I assumed it was a penalty as it hit his arm that was sticking out a bit but the way the commentator was going on the rules have obviously changed a lot since when ever that would have been given.

I’ve enjoyed the indifference from fans after the match though and hopefully it tempers expectations after our four wins in a row.

Spurs were given a penalty against West Ham which was then overturned as the ball had hit the defenders head then his arm. The one against United last night should also have been overturned based on that rule. Also it was blasted at him from close range and didn't even look like a penalty to me anyway. A bizarre bit of refereeing.