The Man Utd Thread

5R7

I'm in work, so I came in to ask if it was crap... Then I read    @Gabzy s post, so Im assuming it's right back to first two games form...yay...meh

6 minutes ago, 5R7 said:

I'm in work, so I came in to ask if it was crap... Then I read    @Gabzy s post, so Im assuming it's right back to first two games form...yay...meh

Boring as hell. Non-existent midfield, losing the ball constantly, forward trio can’t hold the ball up.

Defence has been decent! They’ve had to be.

We've really struggled to break Southampton down. They're defending very deep, which has nullified Rashford.  They are relying on several huge man-mountains to get on the end of long throw-ins and Ward-Prowse corners. They're trying to bully Martinez.

This is going to sound a bit mad, and it depends on whether they've played the system in training, but I'd go three at the back.  Get Ronaldo on for Elanga, Casimiro on for Maguire (yes) on for Sancho or Rashford. Go 3-5-2.  Maguire can stop their physical domination and bring the ball forward from the defence. Play to his strengths.

4 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

This is going to sound a bit mad, and it depends on whether they've played the system in training, but I'd go three at the back.  Get Ronaldo on for Elanga, Casimiro on for Maguire (yes) on for Sancho or Rashford. Go 3-5-2.  Maguire can stop their physical domination and bring the ball forward from the defence. Play to his strengths.

You’re right it does sound mad. 

1 minute ago, Gabzy said:

Martinez is unreal 😍

One of the the things I like most about him is how he celebrates when anyone in the defence does anything to prevent a goal. It's instilling some team spirit.

19 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

One of the the things I like most about him is how he celebrates when anyone in the defence does anything to prevent a goal. It's instilling some team spirit.

Yeah you can see the difference in team spirit already, it’s so visible. Malacia is also very vocal and celebrates every tackle. Varane too. It’s good to see

2 hours ago, Nicky said:

and that hear we go wanker is saying Dúbravka is done.

Are we done? or do we think theres more to come?

What’s the issue with Fabrizio? Only one I trust online when it comes to transfers tbh.

I think we’re done. Unless there’s a last minute deal for Ronaldo to go to Napoli.

He’s also known as being a bit of a “tap in merchant” piggy backing off of other journalists.

He did however have a full on interview with Anthony last week right in the middle of the saga which must have been a bit of a fuck you to the criticism.

This is pretty good, and talks about how ETH will want to use him. I like the fact that he seems to be a piece of the puzzle while having a domino effect into utilising other players more effectively, together etc. (Which sounds like something every signing should do, but at United in recent history i'm not sure the thinking has been that joined up!)  

Any reason we've not gone back in for Zaha? He's out of contract soon and Palace may want to get some cash for him now rather than lose him on a free in the summer. I think he's vastly more effective than both Rashford and Sanco on current form and would give us great depth in the forward areas.

6 hours ago, sith said:

Any reason we've not gone back in for Zaha? He's out of contract soon and Palace may want to get some cash for him now rather than lose him on a free in the summer. I think he's vastly more effective than both Rashford and Sanco on current form and would give us great depth in the forward areas.

Zaha isn’t Dutch or Brazilian and has not played for Ajax. Therefore he does not meet our requirements.

8 hours ago, sith said:

Well, I mean we can't buy everybody.  

I have a half-baked theory that Ten Hag is prioritising signing really tough bastards.  Obviously, Martinez fits into this, and Casimiro. Malacia seems to have a lot of determination and tenacity, and Eriksen must have some of that to overcome what happened to him and come back.  Antony is apparently impossible to kick out of games - it doesn't phase him.  

Our team last season seemed to be mentally very weak.  Strange consideration how often we came back from losing positions the season before, but every time things went against us last season, heads dropped and players disappeared out of the game rather than trying to fix it.  I think Ralf Rangnick instilled this mentality with his repeated criticism of the players and refusal to admit fault himself.  He was like a professorial Frank Lampard at times.