Jump to content

The Man Utd Thread


5R7
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm in work, so I came in to ask if it was crap... Then I read    @Gabzy s post, so Im assuming it's right back to first two games form...yay...meh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, 5R7 said:

I'm in work, so I came in to ask if it was crap... Then I read    @Gabzy s post, so Im assuming it's right back to first two games form...yay...meh

Boring as hell. Non-existent midfield, losing the ball constantly, forward trio can’t hold the ball up.

 

Defence has been decent! They’ve had to be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We've really struggled to break Southampton down. They're defending very deep, which has nullified Rashford.  They are relying on several huge man-mountains to get on the end of long throw-ins and Ward-Prowse corners. They're trying to bully Martinez.

 

This is going to sound a bit mad, and it depends on whether they've played the system in training, but I'd go three at the back.  Get Ronaldo on for Elanga, Casimiro on for Maguire (yes) on for Sancho or Rashford. Go 3-5-2.  Maguire can stop their physical domination and bring the ball forward from the defence. Play to his strengths.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

This is going to sound a bit mad, and it depends on whether they've played the system in training, but I'd go three at the back.  Get Ronaldo on for Elanga, Casimiro on for Maguire (yes) on for Sancho or Rashford. Go 3-5-2.  Maguire can stop their physical domination and bring the ball forward from the defence. Play to his strengths.


You’re right it does sound mad. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Gabzy said:

Martinez is unreal 😍

 

One of the the things I like most about him is how he celebrates when anyone in the defence does anything to prevent a goal. It's instilling some team spirit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

 

One of the the things I like most about him is how he celebrates when anyone in the defence does anything to prevent a goal. It's instilling some team spirit.

Yeah you can see the difference in team spirit already, it’s so visible. Malacia is also very vocal and celebrates every tackle. Varane too. It’s good to see

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nicky said:

and that hear we go wanker is saying Dúbravka is done.

 

Are we done? or do we think theres more to come?

What’s the issue with Fabrizio? Only one I trust online when it comes to transfers tbh.

 

I think we’re done. Unless there’s a last minute deal for Ronaldo to go to Napoli.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He’s also known as being a bit of a “tap in merchant” piggy backing off of other journalists.

 

 He did however have a full on interview with Anthony last week right in the middle of the saga which must have been a bit of a fuck you to the criticism.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

This is pretty good, and talks about how ETH will want to use him. I like the fact that he seems to be a piece of the puzzle while having a domino effect into utilising other players more effectively, together etc. (Which sounds like something every signing should do, but at United in recent history i'm not sure the thinking has been that joined up!)  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any reason we've not gone back in for Zaha? He's out of contract soon and Palace may want to get some cash for him now rather than lose him on a free in the summer. I think he's vastly more effective than both Rashford and Sanco on current form and would give us great depth in the forward areas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, sith said:

Any reason we've not gone back in for Zaha? He's out of contract soon and Palace may want to get some cash for him now rather than lose him on a free in the summer. I think he's vastly more effective than both Rashford and Sanco on current form and would give us great depth in the forward areas.


Zaha isn’t Dutch or Brazilian and has not played for Ajax. Therefore he does not meet our requirements.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, sith said:

Any reason we've not gone back in for Zaha? He's out of contract soon and Palace may want to get some cash for him now rather than lose him on a free in the summer. I think he's vastly more effective than both Rashford and Sanco on current form and would give us great depth in the forward areas.

 

Well, I mean we can't buy everybody.  

 

I have a half-baked theory that Ten Hag is prioritising signing really tough bastards.  Obviously, Martinez fits into this, and Casimiro. Malacia seems to have a lot of determination and tenacity, and Eriksen must have some of that to overcome what happened to him and come back.  Antony is apparently impossible to kick out of games - it doesn't phase him.  

 

Our team last season seemed to be mentally very weak.  Strange consideration how often we came back from losing positions the season before, but every time things went against us last season, heads dropped and players disappeared out of the game rather than trying to fix it.  I think Ralf Rangnick instilled this mentality with his repeated criticism of the players and refusal to admit fault himself.  He was like a professorial Frank Lampard at times.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.