IGNORED

Xbox 20th anniversary event 15th November - no new games will be announced.

Doctor Shark

8 hours ago, JohnC said:

“We set out on a 20 year project and now that we have achieved it, Xbox is now cancelled with immediate effect”

*presses big red button that bricks everyone’s Xbox*

Correction:

*J Allard walks out, laughs maniacally, presses big red button that bricks everyone's Xbox*

TrueAchievements reports finding out that seven original Xbox titles had been added to the Microsoft Store from the old Xbox 360 store back in September — all of them had a November 30 launch date, meaning they could be coming next month.

The games are: Dead Or Alive 3, Dead Or Alive Ultimate, Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers, Gladius, Gunvalkyrie, Advent Rising, and Chicken Little.

Gun Valkyrie is great but I really hope it's more than just those...

11 minutes ago, Nick R said:

Correction:

*J Allard walks out, laughs maniacally, presses big red button that bricks everyone's Xbox*

Space Giraffe... :D Fun game that...  Loved Minters latest follow up Polybius which is mindblowing in VR BTW... 

He also did the music visualiser on the original 360 firmware. Not sure if its still there anymore... now I will need to check :D 

13 minutes ago, Quest said:

The return of the entire XBLIG library. Please.

I'd be happy with a Best Of XBLIG which had the best 50 or 100 games in one big package. There were some right corkers there.

1 hour ago, Down by Law said:

Gun Valkyrie is great but I really hope it's more than just those...

Indeed, but I wouldn't mind taking another look at Advent Rising if this emulation brings with it a stable frame rate. I remember quite enjoying the core gameplay back in the day, but it was dog rough technically.

I heard they were using all the manufacturing capacity they'd booked for Series Consoles to make reissues of the original Xbox and Duke controllers and that they could have made 20 million Series X consoles, but instead have made 10 million original Xbox consoles and 4 duke controllers for each. Just so they can launch Fuzion Frenzy 3. The entirety of the studios acquired in the Zenimax deal have been working on it.  FF3 will come preinstalled and no other games will run on the system. Will be shown on the 15th, available to order immediately.  Early reports are that it's fucking awful, but Satya Nadella quite likes it. 

On 20/10/2021 at 17:11, Mr. Gerbik said:

That would be an extremely disappointing line-up

Assuming the list is true, then GunValkyrie would make it worthwhile for me all on its own. Still plenty more I'd like to see, but it was always near the top of my list, and is a game I never thought to see brought over.

On 20/10/2021 at 18:36, Wahwah* said:

I heard they were using all the manufacturing capacity they'd booked for Series Consoles to make reissues of the original Xbox and Duke controllers and that they could have made 20 million Series X consoles, but instead have made 10 million original Xbox consoles and 4 duke controllers for each. Just so they can launch Fuzion Frenzy 3. The entirety of the studios acquired in the Zenimax deal have been working on it.  FF3 will come preinstalled and no other games will run on the system. Will be shown on the 15th, available to order immediately.  Early reports are that it's fucking awful, but Satya Nadella quite likes it. 

already been scalped and available for preorder on eBay for £749rsp.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Bumping this because it’s on Monday and there’s rumours of a

Hide contents

Halo Infinite Multiplayer shadow drop

Is it in their interest to do that? Surely they will want to release their biggest ip with great fanfare and a build up of promotion? 

19 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Yeah but that would be the campaign.

I'm not saying you're wrong but I still don't get why they'd go for a soft launch of anything connected to this game, even if they treated them as entirely separate releases,  I don't see how they benefit from not promoting the multiplayer launch date. 

I could see having two dates for prolonged media engagement,  but I can't see how they're not worse off by not promoting a launch date.

As the multiplayer is free to play, the rumour is it is going live early on Monday to Game Pass subscribers (to fuel more subs).

It would then be available for everyone on the December launch date.

I am not convinced but also it does make sense, from the perspective of building hype and getting more people subbed.

I'm not sure about the idea of limiting it to Gamepass subscribers. Feels like they'd be hurting their chances of hitting a massive week one number that they could stick in a press release and crow about. It's a bit too soon after Forza as well.

It's a nice idea but I'm not convinced. Maybe a final "beta" next weekend limited to Gamepass subscribers but your progress carries over to the full release? 

There are valid reasons why they might want to do a surprise release of the Halo Infinite multiplayer - they'd get a load of "free" publicity and excited word of mouth, and it would prevent any of their F2P rivals from scheduling something around the same time and stealing their thunder. But then again, there are equally valid reasons why they wouldn't want to do that, and there's no actual evidence that they're planning to do this beyond a load of people who can't understand code sifting through some code and finding what looks like a date and deciding this is what it means.