Elden Ring's Closed Network Test

Wahwah*

I was all set to sign up for this, like a hungry mimic, but then I realised I would rather experience the thing as intended from scratch, all revelations secret until February.

41 minutes ago, Benny said:

I was all set to sign up for this, like a hungry mimic, but then I realised I would rather experience the thing as intended from scratch, all revelations secret until February.

I'm going to download it hopefully, try it for a few minutes then delete and save it for the proper release

Of course the usual gaming modus operandi is to do the test and cancel your pre-order

• 3 weeks later...
  • Wahwah* changed the title to Elden Ring's Closed Network Test

Yeah well I didn't even want an invite anyway, I just signed up because I was bored at work that day. So I'm totally not jealous at all to be honest and it's really not an issue at all in any way and I'm completely like "whatever" about it. Hope the game turns out to be shit. 😭

I got a code and I've downloaded the network test, but I'll only be able to jump in on certain slots due to work/sleep/etc. Also I'll be on PS4 so I'm sure that will be great. :lol: 

9 hours ago, Blunted said:

I've got a PS4 code I'm not going to be able to use. PM me if that's any use @Strafe.

Ummm, Is that PS4 code still available Blunted?

Also, has anyone who applied for the Xbox One tests received their codes yet?

Google says this...

WHEN DO YOU GET THE ELDEN RING NETWORK TEST CONFIRMATION EMAIL?

The date for when you may get your Elden Ring network test confirmation email is November 9th.

FromSoftware’s website says that codes will start being sent out on the above date. However, it doesn’t clarify if all keys will be sent out on November 9th or if more will be delivered between November 10th and 12th.

Edited by Gavin

2 hours ago, Gavin said:

Ummm, Is that PS4 code still available Blunted?

Also, has anyone who applied for the Xbox One tests received their codes yet?

Google says this...

WHEN DO YOU GET THE ELDEN RING NETWORK TEST CONFIRMATION EMAIL?

The date for when you may get your Elden Ring network test confirmation email is November 9th.

FromSoftware’s website says that codes will start being sent out on the above date. However, it doesn’t clarify if all keys will be sent out on November 9th or if more will be delivered between November 10th and 12th.

Sorry, it's gone.

I had a sneaky look after telling myself I'd just do the character setup - it's interesting. Feels like DS3's combat but with some of Sekiro's open-world tropes - roaming (mini?)bosses and what have you. I actually parried one of the shambling dudes at the start (I kept doing it early as he had like three seconds of startup!) and normally I don't even bother with parries because (BB's guns and Sekiro's deflects excepted) I'm too crap. Something about the big blue glow in the animation feels less ambiguous to me.

I almost had horse dude too, but I opened up a menu in panic and died. :lol: 

E: apparently the "big blue glow" isn't something other players saw, so it must be something about my class and/or gear...

Yeah, just come off nearly 3 hours of it. Got through quite a lot in that time. It feels very Dark Souls - more like the original even - but the open world of course makes it very different. It's interesting that so far it seem like it's trying to be much more accessible, too, without undermining the challenge for those that want it, in terms of optionality and MP features.

Anyway, most important thing - I have a shield that

Spoiler

turns into a snake. What more can you ask for? 

The custom map markers are super-useful when you feel like you're onto something but you could die at any moment. I stumbled into another big dude and ran back around the corner and placed a marker, so that at least I knew where to go if I wanted a rematch (or where to avoid if I didn't want to die!)

Such a simple system is much more welcome than the classic games. I have as much trouble remembering where things are as I do forging ahead, so the markers are like "bonfires" for one's goldfish memory. :D