ROBIN Test Footage

revol

Not sure why this popped up on YouTube just now, and I'm sure it's old by the time of this post. But wow, I am amazed by this portrayal of Robin Williams. 

Initially I thought I'd missed some biopic in the works, but it's billed as just it's own thing done by Jamie Costa. Is this a new level of viral marketing?

Either way, an absolutely brilliant performance in just a few minutes. Probably doesn't fit in this folder but anyway.

Amazing impression. The woman with the wide eyes and the hair took me out of it a bit, though. That was a little bit too put on for me! But Jamie was unbelievable - surely it’s going to lead to something after the money men see the reaction.

I know right, what kind of response did they expect?

"Oh thank you for showing me this clip, I had not seen it! It's just like Dad, what a great memory. Was like he was alive again for a brief moment, thank you"

6 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

There were times the impression was spot on, there were times it was bad. Clearly a talented guy but overall wasn’t that impressed.

Christ, tough crowd. I’m not sure I’ve seen a better impression of anyone ever if I’m honest.

At first I thought he was just able to do the exaggerated zany parts of his personality, but I was impressed by how he captured his mannerisms and quieter moments.

Impression helped by the fact that he looks similar.

Clip is also horribly schmaltzy like some of Williams worst output, which is also accurate. Real Jack vibes here.

I'd punch my own face rather than watch more of this. Too much of an impression, rather than a habitation of a character.

On 15/10/2021 at 08:57, El Geet said:

Fucking people man. Why would anyone think it would be a good idea to send his daughter that clip?!

As for the clip. I mean it’s a decent impression. That’s it really. 

The same people who tweet Billie Joe from Green Day at the end of September telling him to wake up*

*Wake Me Up When September Ends was written in memory of his dad who had died that month.