IGNORED

Only Murders in the Building - Season 2 starts now on Disney+

Thor

I came into season 1 around half way through so having to start this week by week has me properly jonesing for more.

Loved the return but

Spoiler

Hope Schumer fucks off, I can't stand her and so far her role has been just as grating as she is. Give me more of the other residents, they're fantastic.

I haven't watched any Amy Schummer material, only know of her reputation about stealing jokes or something. But I don't mind her in this, she made me laugh a few times last episode.

Yet more “lovely stuff” from the gang. 

What’s with Amy Schumer? My husband referred to her as “that comedian everyone hates”, then I come in here to find everyone hating on her. 

7 hours ago, Popo said:

Yet more “lovely stuff” from the gang. 

What’s with Amy Schumer? My husband referred to her as “that comedian everyone hates”, then I come in here to find everyone hating on her. 

Yeah I've never understood that either (although admittedly I've not seen her in much). She's been quite good in this so far I think :unsure: 

When I tried to find an explanation of why everybody hates her I just found bizarrely furious reddit posts about her stealing jokes from other comedians - which yes, fine, isn't great but a lot of comics have been guilty of this and it seems a weird thing to specifically hate her for - or even angrier complaints how she "only makes jokes about her vagina" which....well, you know.

I really liked the latest episode. A complete retconning of an established character, but in quite a sweet way. I'm also still amazed that the episodes of this are only half an hour, it's like the Mr Inbetween of cosy murder mystery comedies

On 25/03/2022 at 20:04, scottcr said:

Was mainly because if it weren’t for that it’d be pretty much a suitable family programme

Spoiler

There were some pretty graphic shots of Tim Kono and half of his head missing.

Also, Steve Martin was amazing in the scene where ...

Spoiler

... Charles is comforting Nina while in labour. I saw the joke about her waters braking coming a mmmiiiiiiiiiilllle off. Still fucking funny.

I'm enjoying this season, but it's starting to lose focus if you ask me. It's kinda meandering a bit. 

Spoiler

I reckon the revelation about Oliver's son is just Teddy fucking with him. Probably has shares in whatever company Oliver's son used for the DNA check or something like that.

I liked the first season a lot but can't help feeling to would have been left as a limited series one and done.

Doesn't matter what time of the evening we watch this I'm falling asleep during it every week (it's my ultimate judge of time to drop a show, Bake Off Professionals was doing the same to me).

It's not annoying to have on but just seems pointless.

Loved the first season and binged all 5 episodes last night but was quite disappointed with it. The group don't seem as close in this season is part of it (with Mabel doing her thing) but also pretty much nothing of note even happened in the first 3 episodes. It got better - and I called the surprise in episode 5 immediately - but it's lacked the focus of the first season.

When are the remaining episodes on? I assume they are releasing weekly now?

16 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Loved the first season and binged all 5 episodes last night but was quite disappointed with it. The group don't seem as close in this season is part of it (with Mabel doing her thing) but also pretty much nothing of note even happened in the first 3 episodes. It got better - and I called the surprise in episode 5 immediately - but it's lacked the focus of the first season.

When are the remaining episodes on? I assume they are releasing weekly now?

This season they were all weekly.

I don't know what you're all going on about.  The murder plot may not have moved on much but there is so much else to love that I don't care.   I've just finished episode 5 of S2 and there have been loads of great moments but my favourite is

Spoiler

Angel in Flip Flops

I'm just hoping for a new entry in the works of England's greatest one armed poet.

The seed of an idea for this obviously came from the first series of Serial.  I know it has all of the other crime show tropes going on but the theme music, Tina Fey's character name, the jokes about a second series that doesn't hit - it's all right on the nose and I absolutely love it.