IGNORED

PS+ October 2021 - Hell Let Loose, Mortal Kombat & PGA

gospvg

Mortal Kombat is great (but I already played it). Not played a serious golf game in what feels like 20 years so will give it a go. After looking up Hell Let Loose it seems to be just your usual multiplayer game with no single player content, so may give that one a miss.

2 hours ago, scoobysi said:

It was. I wonder if they’ll add any games to the PS Collection around the launch anniversary. 

That’s many months off yet.

Tried the Hell Let Loose beta. Not for me, way to slow and the controls and graphics didn't hold up. Lot of stuttering and very floaty controls.

Was vary hard to first off all even see the enemy and then even harder trying to line up a shot.

9 hours ago, Unofficial Who said:

Hmmmmm. Compare this to the latest offering on GamePass this week alone. It's a little, well, it's not great.

That's because PS Now is their game pass competitor. Compared to the Games With Gold line up it's pretty great.

image.thumb.png.6d8ba3245ae4bee1809c0d23e71f073e.png

• gospvg changed the title to PS+ October 2021 - Hell Let Loose, Mortal Kombat & PGA

This is great as far as I'm concerned. I will ignore the first two but I'm well up for a new golf game. Beats the last two months anyway, but I can sympathise with those who don't like golf. It's been a very lean period for PS+ subscribers.

On 26/09/2021 at 19:20, JohnC said:

Wasn't that just in the PS+ Collection which you have to buy a PS5 to get?

reminder that anyone can have the ps+ collection, if they trust anyone with a ps5 with their password to log in on theirs and add it to their library. I’ve done it around five times for others.

3 hours ago, Mawdlin said:

This is great as far as I'm concerned. I will ignore the first two but I'm well up for a new golf game. Beats the last two months anyway, but I can sympathise with those who don't like golf. It's been a very lean period for PS+ subscribers.

Not really. We got Hitman 2 and Overcooked last month those are great games. 

23 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Not really. We got Hitman 2 and Overcooked last month those are great games. 

Agreed, I have H2 and PGA but if I hadn’t I would have thought they were pretty good months. I need to try Overcooked.

So I'm surprised by Hell Let Loose.

HLL

It's not call of duty or battlefield. It very much feels like a game from the early days of PC multiplayer or Xbox Live.

Perhaps slightly Ghost Recon on Xbox Original...

I got into a game with a bunch of American (AH MERI CANS) and a couple of them really knew what they were doing. Honestly it was a breath of fresh air hearing everyone talk to each other. new guys would come in and say how they didn't know what was going on.

Basically there a commander and he's radioing to all the different squads about enemy positions n stuff. You don't really have waypoints and you can't see the enemy. It's much more core.

Really interesting.

49 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

Then I had another game and absolutely no one was talking and it seemed lifeless and dull

Definetly one to play with a group of friends or rllmukkers

1 hour ago, Harrisown said:

Then I had another game and absolutely no one was talking and it seemed lifeless and dull

I don't think I've worn a headset since the days of COD MW on the 360 - I've heard enough bullshit to last a lifetime, never again. I would almost certainly be that player that doesn't listen or speak, sorry.

2 hours ago, englishbob said:

I don't think I've worn a headset since the days of COD MW on the 360 - I've heard enough bullshit to last a lifetime, never again. I would almost certainly be that player that doesn't listen or speak, sorry.

To bad mother f*Coker cause it’s coming out of your controller!

Anyway, I might delete this game. The servers are fucked up. The lag is horrible. I’ve been nothing but (no exaggeration ) team killed on purpose while running from the spawn to join the squad half way up the map

I might give it one more go and turn cross play off even though that last game everyone was on PlayStation…

Its a great idea for a game, just needs a lot of tightening up. It’s refreshing to have less stuff on screen, tomorrow we will see battlefield smash your eye balls with UI elements and waypoints and utter madness.

Both have gone too far in there own direction.

So I gave this a go last night and I can see the markings of something good, it reminds me a bit of Mag on the PS3 but with less limitations i.e. your squads not tied to a particular area. I'm up to rank 5 and at the end of the evening I managed to take control of the officer and there were a couple of others on my team so we were trying to coordinate attacks and defenses (bit difficult when your squad is doing what it likes) but it worked kinda well, we would capture a point, a bunch of squads hold and defend while another 1 or 2 moved up to the next point, placed down a garrison and then everyone could spawn there and take the next point and then move up again, felt like a better game with that.

That said, it's a game that requires communication, at least between commander / officers and between officers / squad so with so many people not jumping on mic, not flitting between channels it's not working as intended at the moment. Maybe once the PS Plus players drift away out of frustration etc and it get's left with more of a hardcore fan base you'll start to see the game shine just that little bit more.

It felt much more hardcore than battlefield which i'm used to i.e. 1 rifle bullet will kill someone if on target, the gameplay, well it's as good as your officer's and commander if i'm honest, if you could get 2 side's doing it properly it would be incredibly fantastic I feel. Suppression is a bit hit and miss, probably goes on far longer than it should, it's kinda good in terms of realism when you don't always know where gunfire is coming from, it's a case of dashing to the nearest cover and using it to work out which way gunfire is coming from i.e. it stop's when you are behind it.

That said you can tell so many people have no idea what they are doing! People spawning back at HQ's rather than at the frontline's, no one using the spawn points or garrisons, not understanding how classes compliment each other. That said that's typically how people play shooter's they tend to more often than not like to lone wolf it but that does really hinder you on this game.

A full squad would be brilliant and if you all chose classes to compliment each other I think at the moment a full squad coordinating correctly could be the difference between winning a round or the countdown expiring.

I didn't bother with cross play, I never do with games when it includes pc as you are always going to be up against it.

That said i'm going to keep playing on and off between Battlefield when it's out, will aim for rank 10 by the weekend and try commander, see if I can influence game's a bit more at that level we'll see ^_^ But yeah there are signs of a great game but it's only going to be as good as the player's make it.