IGNORED

Kirby and the Forgotten Land - Kirby's own odyssey?

Keyboard Koala

21 minutes ago, kempstar said:

Cant you just tell me?

yes - it does... the other player plays as a dude with a spear.  Play the demo to see if it works for whoever you're going to co-op with.  I had some fun with it with the boy but tbh, I spent most of the time going 'I wanna be Kirby'

Had an hour and its wonderful. Looks amazing on the OLED and great on a normal tv as well but on the OLED.

:wub:

Super smooth and joyous.

Interesting to read the interview with the team behind it :

Towards the end of the interview, HAL Laboratory was questioned about the future of the Kirby, and if the team would continue to explore "3D action gameplay". The short answer is - yes, HAL is eager to build on Kirby and the Forgotten Land for Switch.

Game director Shinya Kumazaki believes Kirby's latest outing is a "masterpiece" within the history of the series and mentioned how Kirby still had "unlimited potential". From here on out, he hopes the team can be "even more wild and free" when it comes to creating Kirby titles in the future and told fans to look forward to new Kirby games.

Nintendo's Kei Ninomiya - associate producer of the latest Kirby game - was just as supportive of 3D Kirby games moving forward, revealing how this title has encouraged the Kirby development team to keep doing new things in the future, in "both 2D and 3D".

Very happy for more of this - although I like the reference to 2D in the future as well :)

1 hour ago, scottcr said:

yes - it does... the other player plays as a dude with a spear.  Play the demo to see if it works for whoever you're going to co-op with.  I had some fun with it with the boy but tbh, I spent most of the time going 'I wanna be Kirby'

Yeah. Thats what I was like when playing Cappy. 

Played the 1st World when the little fella was at school. Really well put together, just an absolute joy really. Loved the intro as well🙂

Currently onto the 2nd World co-op at the moment, just getting better and better

3 minutes ago, Earlleft said:

If you loose your ability you suck them up and fire them at the boss.

There are some challenges that have you beating a boss using only the stars as well.

Ah, OK, cheers

Some proper sneaky hidden things in this, far more than suggested in the demo.

The optional side challenges which unlock are great fun too, and some are far harder than I expected. That cone one with the 45 second time limit is a right bastard. 

1 hour ago, the_debaser said:

The optional side challenges which unlock are great fun too, and some are far harder than I expected. That cone one with the 45 second time limit is a right bastard. 

I was overjoyed to see the missions on my first play. It makes games like this far more interesting to play.

Really disappointed by the lack of accessibility settings in this. 

The hints are too small and no option of backgrounds for text or changing font sizes, edict should be the absolute minimum. 

I've managed to muddle through the early parts and the game itself is fantastic but having to ignore pretty much all the text.

Nintendo are almost uniformly terrible when it comes to accessibility and control options unfortunately. You pretty much get what you're given and that's it. If you're lucky you might get a choice of control scheme A or B.

Lovely experience this.  I'm playing in Wild Mode just to have a little more challenge but the general low level of difficultly is refreshing & frees me up to explore for secrets, which also haven't been too taxing.

I suspect the general difficulty & how well the secrets are hidden will increase later into the game, but I'm up for that.  A nice breezy introduction to settle you in, & then ramp things up later.

This is quite the shift in, well, everything coming from Elden Ring. :D

I'm only a few levels in but it's exactly what I hoped it would be so far. A breezy platformer with some cool ideas, secrets that are fun to find and excellent music. 

19 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Bought this from Currys because it was 35 quid despite not having completed Dread or Pokémon Sword or any of the other Switch games that are sat on my pile of shame. Standard.

That's a good price. Currys online 39.99

5 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

There was a code for it yesterday, I dunno if it still works. Knocked a fiver off.

That code has worked for months and months! It knocks a fiver off to give you free next day delivery, but you can apply it to the free delivery option too.

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

There was a code for it yesterday, I dunno if it still works. Knocked a fiver off.

What's the code? Sharing is caring. 

Edit: voucher code is SWNEXTDAY

This game is so good, played it with my young lad for a couple of hours today. Do wish 2nd player could take on abilities too but really that's a small complaint 

Beautiful stuff 

11 hours ago, Majora said:

Nintendo are almost uniformly terrible when it comes to accessibility and control options unfortunately. You pretty much get what you're given and that's it. If you're lucky you might get a choice of control scheme A or B.

Doesn't the switch let you change any button to be another at an OS level?

I agree about other accessibility elements though

This is a bit good isn't it ! 

Done the first 3 worlds and really enjoying the variety. It's actually a little more challenging than I was expecting - have made use of the reserve heath a couple times on boss fights.

Agreed, this a hearty hug in videogame form. Utterly charming. I'm taking my time with it hunting down all the secrets. Plus I've not laughed with a videogame for a long time but some of the mouthful abilities are hilarious! 

On 26/03/2022 at 17:42, Wonderm said:

This game is so good, played it with my young lad for a couple of hours today. Do wish 2nd player could take on abilities too but really that's a small complaint 

Beautiful stuff 

I don't know that it is a small complaint. I'm playing through with my son, who naturally wants to be Kirby all the time. The other guy, though, is totally nobbled. He doesn't get to do much besides support, and if you even dare to wander off from Kirby too far, you just warp next back to him. 

We've just played through Sackboy together, which handled a mixed ability co-op game almost perfectly. 

Slightly disappointed.