IGNORED

Kirby and the Forgotten Land - Kirby's own odyssey?

Keyboard Koala

On 22/03/2022 at 14:08, Keyboard Koala said:

An eight, motherf---ers; Edgetm eight motherf---ers.

Making this the best new Kirby game since Planet Robobot iirc.

Better Than Doom. Officially.

36 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Does this have co-op does anyone know? 

It must have as the DF review of it complimented the dynamic camera coping with two players on screen at the same time. 

edit:  Co-op (and copy abilities so spoilers I guess) specific trailer:

45 minutes ago, geldra said:

It must have as the DF review of it complimented the dynamic camera coping with two players on screen at the same time. 

edit:  Co-op (and copy abilities so spoilers I guess) specific trailer:

Ah that’s brilliant, thanks for clarifying, definitely going to get this now. 

1 hour ago, Kirby said:

Check your order status in My Nintendo. 

If there's nothing I'll post a video of me playing it. :D

Go Bugsy!

Screenshot_20220325-071846_Messages.jpg

Digital copy. As in "doesn't need to be delivered by DPD"

On 23/03/2022 at 19:34, SuperFamiTom said:

Just watched the Digital Foundry and I’m going to have to get this. It looks fantastic. ❤️

I was on amazon while watching the DF vid and they had me until the 30fps, booooo - he is spot on that we could do with a Switch pro! I will try the demo but ive never really played a Kirby game and Mario et al in 60 is the norm so not sure how i will get on with it.

5 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

I was on amazon while watching the DF vid and they had me until the 30fps, booooo - he is spot on that we could do with a Switch pro! I will try the demo but ive never really played a Kirby game and Mario et al in 60 is the norm so not sure how i will get on with it.

I believe there’s a demo on the store so you can give it a go and see if you find it too jarring. 

I’m 60fps all the way too if I’m given the choice but I don’t find 30fps too bad as long as I can’t make a direct comparison. 

Edit - Sorry, I see you mentioned the demo. 

1 hour ago, Flub said:

Digital copy. As in "doesn't need to be delivered by DPD"

I know. I was being smug. It should say in the My Nintendo store - i.e. if they've emailed you or something?

You're in the UK?

I tried the demo for this earlier in the week expecting it to be crap and instead found myself really enjoying it.

It was quite easy, I knew where to go, there was no complicated menus, gear selection, crafting before playing a level and I found it all quite charming. Not sure I can justify full price for it but first sale I'll give it a go I suspect.

I think you may regress as an ageing gamer heading back to games you would have liked as a small child that aren't too complicated.

17 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I know. I was being smug. It should say in the My Nintendo store - i.e. if they've emailed you or something?

You're in the UK?

:)

I had to contact their support in the end but they resent my code and I'm ready for my Kirby lunch break now

8 minutes ago, Gotters said:

I think you may regress as an ageing gamer heading back to games you would have liked as a small child that aren't too complicated.

I think this is dead right. Had Kirby pre-loaded and did the first level this morning, it's just nice relaxing gaming. I find these days I like my bright colours in games, I play games to cheer myself up, not be miserable. 

27 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Damn, is that still

available? 

Supposedly pre-order only -but it is "while stocks last" so could be worth giving it a shot at nintendo.co.uk.

3 hours ago, Gotters said:

You also grow, in that you can't be arsed fighting with stuff that gets in the way of what makes games so good in the 1st place. My skills may no longer be what they once were, but my tolerance for bullshit is definitely nowhere near that of my younger self! Some days I only get 30 minutes, who wants to spend that in menus?

19 minutes ago, scottcr said:

Holy shit at the review scores....

just ordered this from Argos for 39.99 and the boy is going straight along after school to pick it up.  Noice.

You sure its the right game?

1 minute ago, sandman said:

Weird - it isnt even showing as available on the website

I ordered it through the app, same day delivery to my local sainsbos. Maybe not available locally?