IGNORED

Kirby and the Forgotten Land - Kirby's own odyssey?

Keyboard Koala

71PNQUleOLL._SL1500_.jpg

FAD-_KEXoAAERg7?format=jpg&name=medium

Kirby and the Forgotten Land will release on March 25 as the first 3D action game in the mainline Kirby series.

Set in a mysterious new world where civilization and nature have fused to become one, players move around freely inside 3D levels and use Kirby’s familiar actions to explore and reach goals. By sharing Joy-Con controllers, players can switch to two-player gameplay at any time and venture out in this new world together with family and friends.

This year also marks Kirby’s 30th anniversary. To celebrate that anniversary, we are planning a variety of projects in collaboration with the Kirby developer HAL Laboratory, aimed at sharing the charm of the Kirby series with many people.

Join Kirby on an unforgettable journeyand take control of the powerful pink puffball, Kirby, and move around in 3D stages as you discover a mysterious world. What journey awaits Kirby? Take a deep breath and get ready for an unforgettable adventure!

Explore a mysterious world and discover a mysterious world with abandoned structures from a past civilization—like a shopping mall?!

Unleash powerful abilities! Copy enemies’ abilities like 'sword' and 'ice', as well as the new copy abilities 'drill' and 'ranger', and use them to attack and explore your surroundings!

Take a trip to Waddle Dee Town, and take a break from your adventure in lovely Waddle Dee Town. Play some of the townsfolk's favorite games or compare scores online through Wise Waddle Dee.

Debut trailer:

Latest trailer:

>> Official website.

Kirby and the Forgotten Land will release on March 25 on Nintendo Switch.

Y6BqjTE.jpg

11 hours ago, Darhkwing said:

I'm not a massive kirby fan but it looks like kirby in the mario odyssey engine. 

Count me in.

Likewise. Not a Kirby fan but I’m all over a new 3D platformer. Nintendo have been a bit too eager to make 2D platformers for their properties for the last decade or so (NSMB, Yoshi, Kirby, DK etc).

• 3 months later...

Looks great. I reckon it’s using the Zelda engine, what with running at 30fps - Mario odyssey runs at 60.

Or maybe the bowsers fury 3D world with a 30 cap on it for both docked and handheld (you’d assume if it could do 60 in docked they’d show it running in 60).

What I’m saying is that I don’t actually know.

HAL Laboratory has been on an impressive run with Kirby ever since the last Wii game. The only disappointing game was Star Allies, mainly for being a lot more 'Vanilla' after the amazing Robobot. Let's hope this one can match Robobot in quality.

Star Allies was nice in that is was a greatest hits showcase of a lot of older adventures (it basically was a retread of Dream Land, Adventure and Fun Pak). My only complaint was the over-reliance on multiplayer, but you always get a Nintendo gimmick of the generation shoehorned in these days. And once in a blue moon that actually works and you get a Touch!Kirby making it all worth it.

2 hours ago, HarMGM said:

HAL Laboratory has been on an impressive run with Kirby ever since the last Wii game. The only disappointing game was Star Allies, mainly for being a lot more 'Vanilla' after the amazing Robobot. Let's hope this one can match Robobot in quality.

Another Robobot convert! Robobot is still my all-time favourite Kirby game. Basically a Kirby game with the outlandish action you'd expect from Treasure or 16-bit era Konami. I even have the coolest nendoroid ever:

Spoiler

hoshi_no_kirby_robobo_planet_-_kirby_rob

But this new game looks amazing as well. I was afraid that it was going to be an also-ran, after the not so promising looking new 'mon game made me think Nintendo got into "filler-before-the next-big-thing mode", but it looks like besides Elden Ring, this will be the big title to look for this Spring.

1 hour ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Another Robobot convert! Robobot is still my all-time favourite Kirby game. Basically a Kirby game with the outlandish action you'd expect from Treasure or 16-bit era Konami. I even have the coolest nendoroid ever:

Reveal hidden contents

hoshi_no_kirby_robobo_planet_-_kirby_rob

But this new game looks amazing as well. I was afraid that it was going to be an also-ran, after the not so promising looking new 'mon game made me think Nintendo got into "filler-before-the next-big-thing mode", but it looks like besides Elden Ring, this will be the big title to look for this Spring.

Elden Ring launches in Winter :hat: