Nintendo Direct 23 Sep 2021

SMD

43 minutes ago, Steven said:

Haven't had a Mario and Luigi RPG for a while - just thinking of stuff they drop at shorter notice, like Origami King.

Possible, but AlphaDream went under so they'd have to give it to someone else. 

“If you remember last time, I said that even though everyone was asking about Bayonetta 3, maybe you should tell everyone to forget about it for a while. I kind of need to keep to that stance for now because ultimately, it’s not our decision what to say and when to say it.”

PlatinumGames’ studio head Atsushi Inaba added: “There’s no need to worry. Don’t worry about it at this time. Everything’s OK.”

Kamiya stated that the game’s development team is as eager as its fans to show Bayonetta 3 publicly, but stressed that the decision is up to publisher Nintendo.

“As much as everyone is clamouring to see it, we are really, really waiting to release it too,” he said. “Everyone who is working on the project is of course very proud of what we’re doing and wants everyone to see what we’re doing.

“As much as fans are waiting for it, we are waiting for the day when we can show it. We want everyone to cheer us on as we run to the final stretch. We want to show it too!”

So my money's on Bayonetta 3 to be the big reveal and a release date.

F-Zero's dead though. One of my favourite series, but there you go.

In weird timing we were talking about an Earthbound remaster the other day on Teams so im going to go for that 

And a new cosmic smash

Can't see another racing game from Nintendo unless its excitebike really

1 hour ago, Hamus said:

Mario Kart Triple Dash!!

1/3 improved which makes it a solid 8.

You mean 7.5 .

Spoiler

"Mario Kart isn't a racing game any more. It is a party game, and anyone buying it for anything more than frantic, foolish, social fun will grow tired of being cheated very quickly indeed."  5

A lot of you are setting yourselves up for disappointment 🤣

Im expecting nothing major to be announced, just a quick overview of Metroid, Advance Wars and Pokemon, the last DLC fighter for smash and the Zelda Game & Watch from Nintendo. Some 3rd party stuff like Castlevania Advance Collection and more DLC for monkey ball.

If they do announce a major new title then it will probably be a short teaser for a game that wont be out until winter 2022 at the earliest.

Wind Wanker & Twiglet Princess HD bundle for Christmas, surely?

Theyve been entirely conspicuous by their absence in this supposed year of Zelda celebrations, and it’s a re-release Nintendo have somehow not yet tapped. 

I'd be up for a new Mario game, either something new entirely or a continuation of Galaxy or Odyssey. 

Also high on my wish list: 

New Kid Icarus game

New F-Zero

Metroid Prime Trilogy

I doubt there will be a new title reveal, it'll mostly cover Dread. Given the preorder success of Dread though, I'd like to think we at least have a chance of seeing MP Trilogy finally getting announced. A release in time for Christmas would be a wonderful Nintendo present too!

Love the F-Zero wishes. Absolutely no chance! However, I still believe they will bring it back eventually. :wub: What a position Nintendo find themselves in tho, their  IP catalogue gives them incredible security. They can pull out an old title whenever they need to. It's not even that many past titles were that successful. But the built up fan sentiment, nostalgia and support behind them would turbo charge any update released now.

I'd missed the rumours of a new controller being revealed which are driven from withheld FCC filings that get released on the 24th - some reports have taken this to be an N64 controller and Metro are linking to stories of a second tier of Nintendo online offering up the N64 titles.

If this is true and we do get some old classics emulated (like Blast Corps, Pilotwings, Wave Race, F Zero) that would be amazing. Knowing Nintendo we'd get Gex, Clayfighters & Iggy's Wreckin Balls.