IGNORED

Nintendo Direct 23 Sep 2021

SMD

14 minutes ago, therearerules said:

The GameCube was released 20 years ago. Why does the back catalogue end at the N64?

I think they are going to gradually scale up the pricing so it’s similar to PSN and XBox Live subscriptions. The first increase for the MD and N64 titles then a year from now the GC games arrive and the price goes up again.

Hopefully they’ve fixed the stupid dark filter and input lag the WiiU N64 emulator suffered from otherwise F Zero will be unplayable.

Post-Apoc Kirby looks pretty sick, tbh. As does Splatoon 3.

I'll wait and see if the Yoko Taro card game shows up anywhere else, and how the pricing fares to get the N64 games on Nintendo Online. I'm coming around to the idea that SMT V might not show up in the Game Voucher scheme, so I don't require the sub as much as I thought if I just bought that as a physical copy instead. 

But anyway, Disco Elysium is great and you should probably play it if Switch is your best option to do so.

6 hours ago, spanky debrest said:

Those N64 / MD game selections are excellent but charging extra for access & gouging members for controllers is sadly on-brand for today's Nintendo - even if the games are now all online multiplayer enhanced.

This has been Nintendo's M.O. for a long time now though, it's not a new thing.

I don't really have much sympathy though, because they only do stuff like this because their fans have shown over and over that they will buy the same thing multiple times (as this thread shows). Why wouldn't they continue take advantage of that?

I thought the NES and SNES selection was pretty good! There's ~60 NES and ~50 SNES games on there and most of the big first-party games are covered. I'm more concerned that the euro Direct apparently featured the 50hz PAL versions of the games. Hopefully we get the NTSC versions still. Can likely still download the American/Japanese versions of the app anyway I guess but that's less neat.

5 minutes ago, joffocakes said:

I thought the NES and SNES selection was pretty good! There's ~60 NES and ~50 SNES games on there and most of the big first-party games are covered. I'm more concerned that the euro Direct apparently featured the 50hz PAL versions of the games. Hopefully we get the NTSC versions still. Can likely still download the American/Japanese versions of the app anyway I guess but that's less neat.

TBH yeah, the effort that's gone into them has to be commended. It's just every time they go "We've added the the NES and SNES collections!" I look and go "...what?" Entitled gamer first world problems for sure.

17 hours ago, Strafe said:

Monster Hunter Rise Expansion

New 3D Kirby

Bayonetta 3 gameplay.

Decent. I love splatoon too but find it hard to get hyped about the single player.

Single player is the best bit.

1 minute ago, the_debaser said:

Really don’t get the big deal about them being PAL, that’s what most of us played back in the day. They ran perfectly fine. 

Ah come on, they run slow, they’ve got black borders, all the visuals are squashed. I mean fine if that’s all you have access to at the time but why would you pay for that shit in 2021?