Nintendo Direct 23 Sep 2021

SMD

1 minute ago, Flanders said:

Erm, maybe it was the stream or my memory’s off, but graphics-wise, did Bayonetta 3 there not look as good as the first two games? Just seemed a bit flat and I didn’t like the enemy design at all.

Totally agree. The generic kaiju didn’t look a patch on the other games celestial angel fuckups.

It was fine if you want to keep playing old Nintendo games, whether they’re remasters, collections, roms, etc. but other than the excellent looking Metroid Dread there really isn’t anything much new, and there hasn’t been since last year. There hasn’t been a big Nintendo game since Animal Crossing tbh. 

Casting of The Worst Chris stole the show, obviously. But Bayonetta 3, yay! :omg:

But nit-picking the Bayonetta gameplay: attack collisions seemed like they felt less impactful than I'm used to from that series. HUD looks a bit bare-bones too. Hopefully it'll just take some extra cosmetic effects to fix both, but I'm a little concerned they're not already in place given how long it's been in development.

Animation of the player's dragon running across the buildings at the end seemed to be nonexistent too!

Edit: And I agree with @Flanders and @Calashnikov about the enemy designs not standing out like the original's angel enemies.

13 minutes ago, Flanders said:

Erm, maybe it was the stream or my memory’s off, but graphics-wise, did Bayonetta 3 there not look as good as the first two games? Just seemed a bit flat and I didn’t like the enemy design at all.

I did think that, though it kicked up a bit when it went into actual gameplay. It looks like bigger environments so something has to give. I have faith

I was trying to work out what that was. I can’t remember if I ever had it or I’d gone off games a bit by the time the alleged metal gear solid beater it was touted as actually released.

Never played sin and punishment. I want to play f zero x again though.