Sports stars that don't love what they do

Gabe

The last past of his interview is a bit odd for someone that doesnt care about tennis

“Not many things can make me super happy,” Tomic added. “If I ever get the chance to win a grand slam, I think only then will I feel the feeling of being really, really happy.”

Tennis is full of people who at the very least don’t like all aspects of the tour.  

Naomi Osaka for one hates the media side of it, Serena Williams got to the stage where she was only turning up for the Grand Slams but she was that far ahead of anybody else she could get away with it.  Other players notably Garbine Muguruza have tried it without Williams talent and got caught out, to the extent she appears to be disrespectful of her opponents and just plain irritable every time you see her play these days.

Kyrgios has openly stated he would rather play basketball than tennis, while Alexander Bublik has publicly stated he hates tennis and is only there for the money.

I think with tennis at least pushy parents play quite a big part in a lot of players early careers.  Even Raducanu hinted at the weekend that her father is a tough man to please.

A bit of both.

Famously, the easiest and most straightforward way to gain membership of the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club is to win Wimbledon.

I imagine getting membership to the British Racing Drivers Club is similar.

Quite a few sports require you to be seriously competing as a young kid if you want to turn pro; F1, swimming, gymnastics and tennis all seem to be “if you’re not dedicating all your spare time to travelling the country and competing seriously by about 6 or 7 it’s too late”, and I guess without a pushy parent that’s not likely to happen.

50 minutes ago, MrPogo said:

Quite a few sports require you to be seriously competing as a young kid if you want to turn pro; F1, swimming, gymnastics and tennis all seem to be “if you’re not dedicating all your spare time to travelling the country and competing seriously by about 6 or 7 it’s too late”, and I guess without a pushy rich parent that’s not likely to happen.

Corrected 

Eubank is a funny one. I know at times he said he didn’t like boxing much, but he cared enough to nearly kill himself in a few of his fights, like the Benn and Watson ones. Although he was never quite the same fighter after what happened to Michael Watson though. Became more of a boxer who would rather win on points than going for knockouts.